Sponsored

Jeep Gladiator Pickup Truck (JT) Spy Pics and Videos!

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
This truck won’t get “real” work done. You need a “real” truck to get “real” work done. This is a get around town commuter pickup. Let’s not get too excited about what it will and won’t be able to do. No big trailers or campers will be behind this rig or hauling big loads of rock/etc. buy yourself a cummins if that’s the case! Lol.

Agreed but this truck will get LOTS of play done. Camping gear (not campers), Mountain bikes, snowboards, so excited!!!
Sponsored

propkillr

First Name
Howell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jk
Fellas, everybody will get the JT for different reasons. Me, I want to be able to put my hunting gear in it and have it get me down some low country muddy roads so I can bring out a Mr sad daddy, momma or even a porky pig! But most of all, and I think everyone will agree, just get where no one else dare!

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
This truck won’t get “real” work done. You need a “real” truck to get “real” work done. This is a get around town commuter pickup. Let’s not get too excited about what it will and won’t be able to do. No big trailers or campers will be behind this rig or hauling big loads of rock/etc. buy yourself a cummins if that’s the case! Lol.
The JT is rumored to tow 6,400. When coming from a 2 door JK with 2,500 thats a big step up in my book.

If splitting, loading and stacking 6,400lbs of firewood a few times in a day is not real work than I must be doing it wrong. Towing 3 pallets of mulch on a Saturday morning and having it all down by the end of the day is real work in my book.

I work my JK pretty hard. I treat it like a truck. I will be working my JT even harder. I don't have time to be commuting around town. I have work to do.

Sponsored

Fishdoc

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler X
My dealer says towing 7,500lbs and 5’6” bed. The smaller airstream nest or basecamp Camper will work. The diesel manual would be my choice, after waiting 12 years for it with my 06 wrangler

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
My dealer says towing 7,500lbs and 5’6” bed. The smaller airstream nest or basecamp Camper will work. The diesel manual would be my choice, after waiting 12 years for it with my 06 wrangler
Thats would be great. Hope they are correct. I also hope the 1400 payload is shy of reality. I have a slide in camper I want to get that is 1400 dry. I would love to get a few hundred pounds added for my camera gear and supplies .

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Hate to rain on the parade but I don’t think there will be an option to row you own with the oil burner. Speculation is that the manual tranny they have contracted won’t handle the torque.

Fishdoc

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler X
Well just having the diesel will do. My dealer doubts this but everything here says the diesel is a certainty.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Well just having the diesel will do. My dealer doubts this but everything here says the diesel is a certainty.
Yup, It's certain, by everything I've been hearing. And after easily blowing the doors off a JK going over a mountain pass this weekend, I won't settle for anything but...

Edit: I failed to mention I currently drive a 2008 WK CRD.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
I had a 2013 3.6 JKU, currently have a 2016 GC Ecodiesel.
After having the diesel, no way I would be interested in a gas Wrangler Pickup/Scramber/Gladiator whatever ya call it.
Definite deal-breaker for me.
I agree there will likely only be a slushbox option, but the new trans works pretty good in the GC so I could live w/ it.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
I had a 2013 3.6 JKU, currently have a 2016 GC Ecodiesel.
After having the diesel, no way I would be interested in a gas Wrangler Pickup/Scramber/Gladiator whatever ya call it.
Definite deal-breaker for me.
I agree there will likely only be a slushbox option, but the new trans works pretty good in the GC so I could live w/ it.
^^This.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Looking back at old spy pics, I think this explains the overhang on the bed.
2019-Jeep-Scrambler-Pickup-JT-Wrangler-01.jpg

Zoom in and it's clear that the bed is longer to handle the spare aft of the dif. The Crew Chief didn't have a spare in that location.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Looks like a Perfect opportunity for AEV or someone to offer a 'short-bed conversion kit'
Front end too, for that matter -
Sponsored