Sponsored

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude
Awesome write-up! Thanks!

Just waiting for the diesel down under now ...
Sponsored

Predator31

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Ecodiesel, 2019 KLT 3.2
Occupation
Engineer
Zf maybe , Zf copy made with fiat sourced parts , not so sure . Do agree, both definitely better then the manual .
The diesel gets the higher load ZF "buy" trans from Germany, vs the lower load "make" trans in the gasser.

Holeshot

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JT rubicon
Occupation
Mecanic
I'd like to see how they packaged exhaust and DEF tank under the JT!

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
QUESTION... on the JT EcoDiesel, do you still get AutoStick where you can choose any gear you want and MANUALLY shift gears? Or is it like the DT where you can only lock out gears from the top-down?

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I keep making my mind up that I am 100% sold on the eco diesel then I read threads like this and I'm back to gas.

I personally wouldn't go Rubicon with the ED. I'd either to Willy's sport or Sport S.
Yeah I'd love to see the payload sticker on a Sport S with EcoDiesel. That will be interesting.

I couldn't be more thrilled with the folks whining about payload/towing. Means I get to keep the fun for myself and it'll be more of a collector's item if/when I'm ready to sell.

Diaper bags ain't that heavy, bro!

And in the 16 years I've driven my LJ, I can count the times I've even looked at the payload/towing sticker before hauling/towing something on exactly zero fingers. Which would be the same number of times anybody on this forum has gotten a ticket for overloading their GVWR.

Bottom line: you chose a different truck, why are you here whining about the JT payload? I'm no shrink, but it may be a bit of envy... I'm certainly not in any RAM forums saying how much I'm glad I didn't get a RAM because the (idk) approach angle sucks?
Which works out great until you have a wreck, somebody dies, and then the insurance company hangs you out to dry because you were towing ILLEGALLY.

Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I’m going to drive a Sport S with diesel tomorrow, I will try my best to remember to take a pic of the sticker. I do a lot of highway driving to get to my hunting spots and tow a small boat for fishing and duck hunting. I tried to talk myself numerous times into buying the Max Tow Sport S or Rubicon but could never get the truck to average over 21 MPG while doing a 20 mile test drive. Between the average fuel economy and wandering issues it was enough to pass. Really hoping the Sport S Eco rectifies both issues for me. The truck wasn’t ready to drive today. As a side note I have a Bronco reservation ( not digging the wait and the smaller backseat legroom of only 36”. I’ve also been sniffing around a Defender base and am driving the new F150 tomorrow as well. My 3 year long car search is almost done with everything finally rolling out, lol.

Jeep Gladiator First impressions after 500 Miles in a FULLY loaded EcoDiesel Gladiator Rubicon C4FE7B40-B160-4510-BD04-0E55CFAE6585

Last edited:

Just-Me

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Eco, 14 JK Rubi, 18 Ducati Multistrada, 19 Yukon
Occupation
Nuclear
If your like me you understand that there are safety margins engineered in there. (within reason)

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
I’m going to drive a Sport S with diesel tomorrow, I will try my best to remember to take a pic of the sticker. I do a lot of highway driving to get to my hunting spots and tow a small boat for fishing and duck hunting. I tried to talk myself numerous times into buying the Max Tow Sport S or Rubicon but could never get the truck to average over 21 MPG while doing a 20 mile test drive. Between the average fuel economy and wandering issues it was enough to pass. Really hoping the Spirt S Eco rectifies both issues for me. The truck wasn’t ready to drive today.

C4FE7B40-B160-4510-BD04-0E55CFAE6585.jpeg
Looks like a nice truck. Can you post a picture of the GVWR sticker?

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I drove a High Altitude today with EcoD and was shocked to see that it had a payload of over 1,150 lbs. even with over $10,000 worth of optional equipment.

Sponsored

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Nice truck! I loved the diesel in my 2015 Grand Cherokee. It seemed to get very mixed reviews, but with both my engine and transmission tuned that thing was stellar. Great power, great response and great economy. I considered waiting for the diesel for my JT, but this time around my desire for a manual transmission trumped my desire for a diesel engine. If they offered the diesel with a stick, it would have been a no-brainer for me personally.

Enjoy the new rig!

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Drove the Sport Snon a 20 mile highway loop averaging between 70 and 80 MPH and MPG was 27.5. Sticker pic is attached. Drove significantly better to me than any of my previous JT test drives. Payload is 1290 lbs. Sport S Eco with popular equipment package, safety 1, and headliner as options

Jeep Gladiator First impressions after 500 Miles in a FULLY loaded EcoDiesel Gladiator Rubicon 3230B4E9-3A24-4706-855E-3DAE95E6EC67

Jeep Gladiator First impressions after 500 Miles in a FULLY loaded EcoDiesel Gladiator Rubicon F3FB44A0-129D-400F-A270-2ED6B2FB9880

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Drove the Sport Snon a 20 mile highway loop averaging between 70 and 80 MPH and MPG was 27.5. Sticker pic is attached. Drove significantly better to me than any of my previous JT test drives. Payload is 1290 lbs. Sport S Eco with popular equipment package, safety 1, and headliner as options

Thank you! That's definitely nothing to complain about! 1290 is respectable!

OP
OP
JeepGuy82

JeepGuy82

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler TJ, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
QUESTION... on the JT EcoDiesel, do you still get AutoStick where you can choose any gear you want and MANUALLY shift gears? Or is it like the DT where you can only lock out gears from the top-down?
Yes you can manually shift gears.

Holeshot

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JT rubicon
Occupation
Mecanic
Anybody could take pictures of the underbelly, to see exhaust, water separator and DEF tank?
Sponsored