Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I'll Paypal you $1000 if you show a case where a Jeep engine warranty was voided for using Mobil 1.
I'm gonna find it for that 1000
Sponsored

OP
OP
JET_83

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll Paypal you $1000 if you show a case where a Jeep engine warranty was voided for using Mobil 1.
it's only common knowledge manufactures wouldn't warrant something that doesn't meet specs, though.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I'm gonna find it for that 1000
On various boards to include this one, I have put a similar reward out that I would buy the persons next oil change if they can show a single denial of warranty for lack of MS-6395 spec when both called out weight grade and current API spec oil was used. Been over 5+years and not a single bite.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
it's only common knowledge manufactures wouldn't warrant something that doesn't meet specs, though.
It does meet the specs. In fact it used to be the factory fill.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I think you missed the point, just because an oil does not have the spec approval, does not mean a certain oil does not meet in chemically.

MS-6395 is more of a 2 year procedural process than a chemistry process that most major oil manufactures met chemically but have not chosen to go through the certification process for the approval. That is why many will use the "meets or exceeds" phrasing because they know their oil meets the chemical spec just not the certification process for approval.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JET_83

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It does meet the specs. In fact it used to be the factory fill.
then it still would be if that were the case, but it's not...

OP
OP
JET_83

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
JET_83

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you missed the point, just because an oil does not have the spec approval, does not mean a certain oil does not meet in chemically.

MS-6395 is more of a 2 year procedural process than a chemistry process that most major oil manufactures met chemically but have not chosen to go through the certification process for the approval. That is why many will use the "meets or exceeds" phrasing because they know their oil meets the chemical spec just not the certification process for approval.
if they link the problem to be motor oil with said engine and it doesn't meet the MS-6395, it only stands to reason they wouldn't honor a warranty claim, common sense.