First oil change analysis

FrankFrqnkFrank

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Great to see such data and analysis. Could you please break it down for ignorant me - when should the first and second oil changes occur? And then what frequency going forward? Thank!
Sponsored

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
Great to see such data and analysis. Could you please break it down for ignorant me - when should the first and second oil changes occur? And then what frequency going forward? Thank!
What I’ve always done when I’ve started with new is drive 1000kms, change the oil then let the lab tell me when they suggest I change it. Can’t argue with lab data results. You can argue the need to have it done but that’s another forum. I lucked out this time in doing my change at 1000kms (621 miles) and having the lab look at it as they found a “trace” of glycol in there. I’m not going to panic as I’ll go to when the truck tells me to change it and have the lab look at it again. My gut tells me the glycol, and the other “lab highlights” is just an indication of dirty environment at the factory and not enough QC at source.
I only ever heard of glycol in the break-in oil from a friend of mine who bought his 4Runner new in 2017 and his first lab result had a measurable amount of glycol from the factory that sent him over the bend in a rage. His next lab result had non. If I have more glycol in the oil next time, I have the lab results and a good warranty and the dealership can figure out what to do.

Attachments

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Many of Scotty Kilmer's videos and especially this one that has a giveaway tied to it, are paid sponsored videos. Had Fumoto gotten to him first, he would be stating the inverse.
I cant for the life of me understand why that guy is at all relevant. I blocked his channel.
Sponsored