Sponsored

First post and a nightmare story of a warranty!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
These give some "highs" up front..... trying out a pair. Haven't had a chance to drive the truck with my normal music since my son and family are visiting and we're busy as heck but they are installed and working.

They need adapters to connect since the factory speakers have "pigtails" on them. These just have the normal 2 sizes of tabs on them.
The ears or mounting tabs are a tad large but can be screwed into place without much trouble.
I borrowed these with wire adapters to see how they would sound in my truck. Will hopefully get to evaluate next week.

Jeep Gladiator First post and a nightmare story of a warranty! Harman-infinity-speakers
Sponsored

2021 Willys

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler Sahara, 2021 Willy Gladiator
Occupation
Retired US Government
Hey, First post to go along with my first brand new vehicle.

Long story short, I spent many many years driving a wreak of a 2008 Ram 2500 Gasser I had since high school, was on it's last legs but the old girl let me save enough money to buy my dream car. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago and I drove home in a brand new 2021 Aqua Blue Jeep Gladiator Mojave with every option save for adaptive cruise control, MSRP well over 60,000 Dollars, with a vehicle of such cost I expected easy warranty service....and that's when the horror starts.
Jeep Gladiator First post and a nightmare story of a warranty! Harman-infinity-speakers

The dealership I purchased the jeep though was great, Jeff Belzers out of New Prague, Minnesota is a place I will always come back to, however the problem is I live a solid hour and a half away so to save time I thought I could use the nearby FCA/Stalantis/Whatever lingo they are called now dealership if something went wrong.

Something did go wrong, something stupid and minor to the point I considered fixing it myself, my front left dash speaker vibrates badly at certain frequencies, it's not an unknown problem in JTs and JLs so whatever, no big deal....or so I thought.

I get an appointment with Adamson Motors in Rochester, Minnesota (my home town) to do a warranty claim, I get a bad vibe the moment I drive into their service bay about a week later, service writer is grumpy and almost dismissive of me, entire place is stupid busy and understaffed, he looked angry that I even took the time out of my day.

Next thing that goes wrong is they do NOTHING to protect my interior when they took it to work on it, no seat covers, no wheel covers, no booties or paper floor mats, they put their oily boots all over my nice carpet....ok i guess whatever, I just want this issue fixed at this point.

It's gone for about 45 minutes, I get called into the cashiers office and told to leave, the service writer nor the tech came to tell me what they did....and what they did was nothing, so much nothing they did not submit a warranty claim to FCA and just assumed it was this way on purpose and I must be an idiot for playing with it.

you know, the 9 speaker Alpine deck that I spent 2,000 dollars on to get. The report I got given by the cashier makes no sense, the tech claims he used a app on his phone to create a tone to reproduce the issue, he states that a 40-45HZ sound causes the issue and it does....but blames it on high volume causing it....that's not how sound waves work, if a tone at that frequency is causing the issue it happens at all volumes, frequency and amplitude are different things....I confirmed this when getting home and being rather upset (Sorry for the profanity in the video, but for those watching turn your bass down and you'll hear the thing shaking like a MF)

So I did the last thing I could at this point, I complained to jeep themselves and I spent a good half hour on the phone with a Jeep Wave rep that got a scan of this report and the video, I was told an investigation was being launched for failure to warranty and they would replace this speaker regardless as the jeep is brand new with 1200 miles at the moment.

That's as far as I've gotten so far, I'll update this when I get more info or something changes.....Long story short, avoid Adamson Motors like the plague, they don't know what they are doing.
Once a speaker is subject to more watts than its max rating, and the coil is damaged, it needs to be replaced.. I'm not saying this is your case, but if it were, the warranty wouldn't cover it.. just a thought.

OP
OP

DeepBluDreams

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Medical Delivery
Once a speaker is subject to more watts than its max rating, and the coil is damaged, it needs to be replaced.. I'm not saying this is your case, but if it were, the warranty wouldn't cover it.. just a thought.
If that was the case, im pretty sure the stock stero won't allow wattage to go that high.

Plus we found the issue and it was unrelated to audio, go back a page and you'll see it was a dumb design flaw causing under dash components to vibrate.

While I'm here that's the update, the new service center I'm going to knows about this issue and has dealt with it before, they told me they can get it fixed in about 4 hours, this under dash design flaw according to them effects about 1 in 20 JLs or JTs.
Sponsored