Sponsored

First post and a nightmare story of a warranty!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My beef is actually with Jeep Cares. My dealership was helpful, just couldn't identify the problem. I was asking Jeep Cares to help me get in touch with someone that could help identify the problem. It was engineered by someone. If the dealership mechanics can't figure it out, it should run up the chain to someone. I know someone knows exactly what this is and ow to remedy. Guess that was too much of an ask...frustrating.
I think most people misunderstand the role of the JeepCares team/staff.
Their purpose isn't to "run it up the chain" or find someone who knows more or help diagnose.

It all must go through the local dealers - JC can't put anyone in contact with someone who can diagnose or troubleshoot.
The dealership is supposed to work with the STAR team when they are stumped.
Sponsored

OP
OP

DeepBluDreams

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Medical Delivery
Big Update, you'll never guess what happened boys.
They found this post, they have somebody from their dealership floating around on here, now they refuse to service it even though Jeep knows about this issue.

Seem we hurt their feelings, god forbid I want my expensive machine working correctly.

Jeep Wave directed me to another dealer and authorized parts and repair off the bat.

Also saw that Jeep Cares was here and i'll DM them all the info I have....Thanks for all the support guys, I think this will be a good place to hang out :)

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
They found this post, they have somebody from their dealership floating around on here, now they refuse to service it even though Jeep knows about this issue.

Seem we hurt their feelings, god forbid I want my expensive machine working correctly.

Jeep Wave directed me to another dealer and authorized parts and repair off the bat.

Also saw that Jeep Cares was here and i'll DM them all the info I have....Thanks for all the support guys, I think this will be a good place to hang out :)
They didn’t deserve your business. You’ll be better off.

ScottBeach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Engineer
I lived in rochester for 20 years. Never get work done at adamsons. Ever.
Drive back to the cities. It might be a pita but too many stories to ever trust their service dept. Dodge or jeep they were a mess in service.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Why would you even try going back after writing this?

Long story short, avoid Adamson Motors like the plague, they don't know what they are doing.
I mean, they're being super shitty, yes, but if I had a customer saying that I would also refuse to service their vehicle, right or wrong. I'm surprised you even tried going back. Going to them again was going to be a no-win no matter what.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DeepBluDreams

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Delivery
Why would you even try going back after writing this?

I mean, they're being super shitty, yes, but if I had a customer saying that I would also refuse to service their vehicle, right or wrong. I'm surprised you even tried going back. Going to them again was going to be a no-win no matter what.
I never tried going back, this was all from Jeep, Jeep wanted me to go back to start with to see if they can do it better.

They called me telling me Adamsons no longer wants to work on it after the trashing they got here, they are butthurt lmao.

I never was going to go back anyways, they treated me so poorly and the less foot prints on my carpet the better.

OP
OP

DeepBluDreams

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Delivery
As for what others here said about fixing it myself, you are all entirely correct, I could have done this myself.

I replace the entire sound system in the old dodge, its not the fact I can't do it it's the fact that I should not be expected to have to deal with such and obvious and blatant manufacturing error on a vehicle that is brand new.....my wife spent like 15 grand on a new Fiesta years ago....it still has a working sound system with no buzzing or squeak.

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
I honestly thought that they’d just have a tech spray using a hose on full blast till the problem manifested itself. But ‘Water Tech’ sound so much sexier!
And expensive. Somehow it seems easier to cough up $100/hr for a Technician vs. a Mechanic.

OP
OP

DeepBluDreams

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Delivery
Another Minor update, turns out after a bit of digging this has nothing to really do with the audio system, it's a flaw known on JL and JTs, the security box thing behind the speaker under the dash causes a vibration, the fix is to make it stop moving it by taping, shimming or gluing it into place.

Replacing parts and speakers won't fix the problem, it's a design flaw with the JL and by extension JT interior. The JL guys have been dealing with it for years now, however the dealership is unlikely to want to fix this because one of those STARS article things exists about it.

the dealer solution is to pretty much pull the dash apart and pull stuff out to insulate it against vibration, however included image is a known working fix for this problem, yes that is a business card folded a couple times and jammed into a gap to snug up the box....that legitimately is a fix to this.

My feeling on jeep engineering is slowly nose diving.

(Photo Credit: Saddle Tramp on the JL Wrangler forum)

Jeep Gladiator First post and a nightmare story of a warranty! 0B20DD8F-2C30-4E0D-9A4E-1D6E401863C1 (1)

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Probably why some of us feel some deep bass sounds in the steering column at higher volumes. Didn't notice it until the roof was off and I had the sound cranked over 20 just to hear it. Was listening to a McCartney tune and he hit some nice bass and I felt it in the steering column.

They are cramming a whole lot of stuff in these tiny dashes.
Look at the HUGE dash in some vehicles and how far back from the glass you sit to get the hardware and electronics all crammed in there - not nearly that much space in a JT dash, so they have to put things really close together. Worse in some models than others - same reason some of us have trouble getting the security cables out of that firewall to make changes.

Come on guys - seriously? None of you had an 8 track in your second car and had to use a match book cover or business card to make the cartridge play properly? This is nothing, no big deal.
I assume it's only a problem to a younger person.
I grew up doing things like that.

Me, I'd pull out the old tape backed foam and stick a chunk in there -

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon

You might want to verify with another dealership that you still have an active warranty. Been more than a few instances on other FCA branded boards of petty dealership service departments going in and blackballing a customer and making something up to have their warranty voided. Undoing is a pain.

Does not surprise me that this got back to them.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
I’m worried about this as I didn’t buy my truck locally. I was in the local dealership a few days ago looking for some Mopar accessories, and the sales staff actually made some remarks to me about “not buying from them”, as if I’m somehow obligated to do so. I’m not. You know what they are obligated to do though? Provide warranty service regardless of where the purchase was made. Want to kill your business slowly? Act like an asshole towards potential future buyers…

Agreed. Not sure they’re anything more than someone

Ugh, again dude, did you read the thread and what I said? I said go to Jeep corporate first didn't I?

To be clear, the BBB has worked for me and I have gone to the BBB for larger companie issues and it did rectify my issue with them, so I have first hand knowledge that it can work. Just because you have tried it and it didn't work for you doesn't mean that it wont put pressure on them to answer the mail for this person.

But once again, what is your solution to this issue? You're like one of my employees that comes to me with a problem and has no solution to the problem...lol. The guy said he tried to reason with the dealership and they didn't do anything to help him, so what should he do? Instead of saying what doesn't work, try and help this guy with a suggestion of what to do instead of what not to do.
On a semi unrelated note, I was with you up until the part where you said that thing about your employees. If your employees come to you with problems it means they trust you to take care of them. It’s when they stop coming to you that you have to worry. If they are responsible for coming up with solutions to those issues, what are you there for?

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, 2020 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Almost Retired
So the dealer was right............it was not the speaker vibrating.

Funny how things work out sometimes.

Hope you get the design flaw fixed to your satisfaction.

Also, hope you can get out and enjoy your JT.

kdfhuey

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I’m worried about this as I didn’t buy my truck locally. I was in the local dealership a few days ago looking for some Mopar accessories, and the sales staff actually made some remarks to me about “not buying from them”, as if I’m somehow obligated to do so. I’m not. You know what they are obligated to do though? Provide warranty service regardless of where the purchase was made. Want to kill your business slowly? Act like an asshole towards potential future buyers…

On a semi unrelated note, I was with you up until the part where you said that thing about your employees. If your employees come to you with problems it means they trust you to take care of them. It’s when they stop coming to you that you have to worry. If they are responsible for coming up with solutions to those issues, what are you there for?
So I empower people as the experts in their fields to give me solutions. If there’s a problem, then they know how to fix it 9 times out of 10.
Take the Ford pinto, the Ford pinto had major issues with their gas tanks exploding due to some bolts penetrating the gas tank in the event of an accident. The engineers who designed the car, had given not only the problem but the solution to the problem to include fiscal impact per unit. That is what I’m talking about.

Now in the previously mentioned case the leadership didn’t listen to them and people needlessly died and Ford was sued quite heavily because they failed to listen to their SMEs. But ifyou’re smart enough to find a problem, you can usually find a solution.
Sponsored