Sponsored

First post and a nightmare story of a warranty!

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Yeah that is not ok...I would call Jeep corporate to see if they would do anything and then go to the BBB and your State Attorney General to see if they would look into it.
Just FYI. BBB is a scam, it's not a government agency. Please don't promote people to go there.

kdfhuey

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just FYI. BBB is a scam, it's not a government agency. Please don't promote people to go there.
That's your opinion and if you choose to not go on there then that's your choice. I have seen it work, so I'll continue to promote it as choice. I never said it was affiliated with the government, its a non-profit organization.

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
That's your opinion and if you choose to not go on there then that's your choice. I have seen it work, so I'll continue to promote it as choice. I never said it was affiliated with the government, its a non-profit organization.
As a business owner I never care if someone threatens to go to the BBB. Same for all my friends who are business owners. The moment I stopped caring about them was when they approached me to pay a fee to remove a negative review... The BBB had much more influence back in the days, now, not so much.

Sponsored

kdfhuey

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
As a business owner I never care if someone threatens to go to the BBB. Same for all my friends who are business owners. The moment I stopped caring about them was when they approached me to pay a fee to remove a negative review... The BBB had much more influence back in the days, now, not so much.
Dude again. Your opinion. Youā€™re entitled to it

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
A business needs to be a member or accredited to care. Businesses who are not members couldn't care less. Not that many look to the BBB these days, especially for larger businesses.
I've gone through BBB before but found that social media has a lot more teeth these days. I've had three instances where I was getting no action then took to their fakebook pages and showed pictures, gave timelines, who said what and when - and in just 1 or 2 days I had contact - "what can we do to fix this" type messages.

Kilroy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mat tow sport
Sounds like my local dealership. I know more about my jeep than they did. Former FCA, now Stellantis has the worst rated dealership services in the country. Now the one exception was the dealership I drove two and a half hours away to buy my truck at. They were auto enthusiasts and so professional. I will be making the trip for my leaking rear hardtop window, it's worth the trip.

Kilroy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mat tow sport
I would be very curious to know if ANYONE has ever had JeepCares actually directly resolve an issue. In my experience, they are very kind people who can listen and assure, but they donā€™t really do anything to resolve issues. I think they just make it harder to blame FCA for problems, because they are just sympathetic and kindā€”not effective at resolving issues (beyond just booking dealership visits for you).
Well it took me a year of calling them and 15 dealership visits before they stopped ignoring me, also I threatened to go look at the new bronco. They finally admitted my base radio was unfixable after many replacements and updates and lo and behold I got a refund!

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Unfortunately shopping for the right place to do your warranty work is harder than shopping for the place to make your purchase.

The hardest way you're going to hurt a dealership service department is to give them what you feel is an honest evaluation of their service when the survey comes through.

Give them poor marks in the areas you feel they deserve them. It goes back to corporate and then gets reviewed with the dealership.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I would be very curious to know if ANYONE has ever had JeepCares actually directly resolve an issue.
Yeah, my tonneau cover.......... JC contacted some other team who contacted me, I sent them the pics, all the dealer info, etc. and told the dealer shop to call that support person -result, new cover.

pcrawfordpt

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
PT
I would be very curious to know if ANYONE has ever had JeepCares actually directly resolve an issue. In my experience, they are very kind people who can listen and assure, but they donā€™t really do anything to resolve issues. I think they just make it harder to blame FCA for problems, because they are just sympathetic and kindā€”not effective at resolving issues (beyond just booking dealership visits for you).
Zero help, just made me jump through more hoops...issue still not resolved. Dealership has no idea where the fluid is coming from, so I asked JeepCares to investigate. Just sent me back to the dealership.

Leak 2.JPG

Leak 1a.jpeg

Leak 3.jpeg

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
I shop dealers as much as I do the car. My last car was a VW Golf R. I brought the service manager a box of doughnuts at the local Audi dealer and asked about having my car serviced there instead of VW.....I ended up doing all my work there.
The one thing I like about luxury car dealers is a higher percentage of them tend to treat their customers with more respect. Not only does a waitress take my (free) order while I wait...and the food is good.... all the mechanics almost look like Drs., with hands, hair, feet covered, not that they needed it. The actual shop is immaculate. The actual mechanic who works on my car talks to me before/after the service. I get the same mechanic every time...he is assigned to me. Free touchless car wash whenever, (even if no service done.)
In some Jeep dealerships I'm expecting a chicken to run across the show room.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hey, First post to go along with my first brand new vehicle.

Long story short, I spent many many years driving a wreak of a 2008 Ram 2500 Gasser I had since high school, was on it's last legs but the old girl let me save enough money to buy my dream car. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago and I drove home in a brand new 2021 Aqua Blue Jeep Gladiator Mojave with every option save for adaptive cruise control, MSRP well over 60,000 Dollars, with a vehicle of such cost I expected easy warranty service....and that's when the horror starts.
Jeep Gladiator First post and a nightmare story of a warranty! Leak 3

The dealership I purchased the jeep though was great, Jeff Belzers out of New Prague, Minnesota is a place I will always come back to, however the problem is I live a solid hour and a half away so to save time I thought I could use the nearby FCA/Stalantis/Whatever lingo they are called now dealership if something went wrong.

Something did go wrong, something stupid and minor to the point I considered fixing it myself, my front left dash speaker vibrates badly at certain frequencies, it's not an unknown problem in JTs and JLs so whatever, no big deal....or so I thought.

I get an appointment with Adamson Motors in Rochester, Minnesota (my home town) to do a warranty claim, I get a bad vibe the moment I drive into their service bay about a week later, service writer is grumpy and almost dismissive of me, entire place is stupid busy and understaffed, he looked angry that I even took the time out of my day.

Next thing that goes wrong is they do NOTHING to protect my interior when they took it to work on it, no seat covers, no wheel covers, no booties or paper floor mats, they put their oily boots all over my nice carpet....ok i guess whatever, I just want this issue fixed at this point.

It's gone for about 45 minutes, I get called into the cashiers office and told to leave, the service writer nor the tech came to tell me what they did....and what they did was nothing, so much nothing they did not submit a warranty claim to FCA and just assumed it was this way on purpose and I must be an idiot for playing with it.
Jeep Gladiator First post and a nightmare story of a warranty! Leak 3

you know, the 9 speaker Alpine deck that I spent 2,000 dollars on to get. The report I got given by the cashier makes no sense, the tech claims he used a app on his phone to create a tone to reproduce the issue, he states that a 40-45HZ sound causes the issue and it does....but blames it on high volume causing it....that's not how sound waves work, if a tone at that frequency is causing the issue it happens at all volumes, frequency and amplitude are different things....I confirmed this when getting home and being rather upset (Sorry for the profanity in the video, but for those watching turn your bass down and you'll hear the thing shaking like a MF)

So I did the last thing I could at this point, I complained to jeep themselves and I spent a good half hour on the phone with a Jeep Wave rep that got a scan of this report and the video, I was told an investigation was being launched for failure to warranty and they would replace this speaker regardless as the jeep is brand new with 1200 miles at the moment.

That's as far as I've gotten so far, I'll update this when I get more info or something changes.....Long story short, avoid Adamson Motors like the plague, they don't know what they are doing.
Maybe @JeepCares can do something to help you sort this out.
I appreciate you tagging us here, TheGreatCO.

Hi, DeepBluDreams. Although it sounds like you have already spoke to someone in our organization, I can still take a look. If they agent on the phone provided you a case number, please send it to me in a private message and I can give you any new updates. Thanks!

Kate
Jeep Cares

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I had a really positive experience with JeepCares. My fuel pump died while on vacation 500 miles form home. Even with 41,000 miles on the odometer they ended up covering the repair.

--------------

There's a lot going on with the OP's situation that I think should be considered.

First, dealerships are all privately owned. While a Jeep dealer is a representative of Jeep/FCA/Stellantis/whatever and there are some obligations there, they are still a private business. Dealerships are not owned by Jeep. I am in no way trying to make excuses for shitty dealerships or condone bad service but the OP traveled to another state to buy his Jeep, presumably to get a great deal and save a bunch of money. The local dealer knows this when they enter the VIN in the computer. They lost out on making money on the sale and now they have to do work and try and then try and get FCA/Stellantis to reimburse them. I'm not saying it's right but I can see why you might get the cold shoulder from the dealer in that situation.

Also, it may be wise to "pick your battles" when it comes to warranty claims. I fully understand the principle that a $60k truck should be flawless and that if it's not it should be fixed no questions asked. In my opinion not everything warrants a trip to the dealer. Hell, I fix a lot of stuff just for my own sanity. It's just not worth my time to sit at the dealer for hours on end for certain things. Again, I am not condoning shitty service from a dealer but for less than $100 the OP could have new speakers that are better than stock, all in less time than it takes to go to the stealership.

Finally, I think it's important to understand what Jeep Cares and Jeep Wave Customer Service are for. They can help with warranty claims, or contacting dealerships but they don't directly fix trucks. They aren't service techs. They are there to help make your experience a little less painful when something bad happens, if possible. I don't intend to put words in anyone's mouth but there are appropriate ways to speak with people and reasonable expectations for the outcome.

I know that everything I wrote can be misconstrued and make it look like I am shifting the blame to the OP. Believe me I am not. It's just that at this point in my life I am not a fan of dealerships in general. This isn't a Jeep thing (actually, my experience with Jeep has been nothing short of great). In the past I have had the runaround and shitty experiences from GM, Ford, Mazda, Honda, and Kia dealerships. It sucks. It's wrong. It is what it is, though. I've learned to just deal with the small stuff and I only go to the dealership when it's something major. Someone mentioned above that part of the buying experience is just as much about shopping for a dealership as it is the car/truck. I couldn't agree more.
Sponsored