Sponsored

First post and a nightmare story of a warranty!

kdfhuey

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
See my previous post RE: over-reacting. We can now add false assumptions and a lack of understanding of the warranty repair process dealerships must go through. You are not helping. His problem 100% needs to be looked at. You are just inflaming the situation.
He went through the process....what are you not getting about his problem and situation? Do you not understand his post? Again, you should read the post in its entirety before you comment. He went through the process and they are not helping him; they didn't say hey lets talk to Jeep and see if we can rectify this...lol. Dude, you really need to comprehend better what they've been saying. This isn't a situation where they went to a dealer and the dealer has said they will discuss with Jeep corporate to get a ruling. This is a situation where the dealer has denied a claim under warranty or didn't do their due diligence to get the problem fixed.

What are you suggesting he do at this point lol?
Sponsored

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
Hey, First post to go along with my first brand new vehicle.

Long story short, I spent many many years driving a wreak of a 2008 Ram 2500 Gasser I had since high school, was on it's last legs but the old girl let me save enough money to buy my dream car. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago and I drove home in a brand new 2021 Aqua Blue Jeep Gladiator Mojave with every option save for adaptive cruise control, MSRP well over 60,000 Dollars, with a vehicle of such cost I expected easy warranty service....and that's when the horror starts.
20210626_154142 (2).jpg

The dealership I purchased the jeep though was great, Jeff Belzers out of New Prague, Minnesota is a place I will always come back to, however the problem is I live a solid hour and a half away so to save time I thought I could use the nearby FCA/Stalantis/Whatever lingo they are called now dealership if something went wrong.

Something did go wrong, something stupid and minor to the point I considered fixing it myself, my front left dash speaker vibrates badly at certain frequencies, it's not an unknown problem in JTs and JLs so whatever, no big deal....or so I thought.

I get an appointment with Adamson Motors in Rochester, Minnesota (my home town) to do a warranty claim, I get a bad vibe the moment I drive into their service bay about a week later, service writer is grumpy and almost dismissive of me, entire place is stupid busy and understaffed, he looked angry that I even took the time out of my day.

Next thing that goes wrong is they do NOTHING to protect my interior when they took it to work on it, no seat covers, no wheel covers, no booties or paper floor mats, they put their oily boots all over my nice carpet....ok i guess whatever, I just want this issue fixed at this point.

It's gone for about 45 minutes, I get called into the cashiers office and told to leave, the service writer nor the tech came to tell me what they did....and what they did was nothing, so much nothing they did not submit a warranty claim to FCA and just assumed it was this way on purpose and I must be an idiot for playing with it.
whatthefuck (1).png

you know, the 9 speaker Alpine deck that I spent 2,000 dollars on to get. The report I got given by the cashier makes no sense, the tech claims he used a app on his phone to create a tone to reproduce the issue, he states that a 40-45HZ sound causes the issue and it does....but blames it on high volume causing it....that's not how sound waves work, if a tone at that frequency is causing the issue it happens at all volumes, frequency and amplitude are different things....I confirmed this when getting home and being rather upset (Sorry for the profanity in the video, but for those watching turn your bass down and you'll hear the thing shaking like a MF)

So I did the last thing I could at this point, I complained to jeep themselves and I spent a good half hour on the phone with a Jeep Wave rep that got a scan of this report and the video, I was told an investigation was being launched for failure to warranty and they would replace this speaker regardless as the jeep is brand new with 1200 miles at the moment.

That's as far as I've gotten so far, I'll update this when I get more info or something changes.....Long story short, avoid Adamson Motors like the plague, they don't know what they are doing.
I can relate to your story. Without getting into the specifics, I’ve just learned to regret buying a Jeep and Mopar extended warranty due to the horrible dealership experiences and the total inability of @JeepCares to actually resolve anything at all.

I still like my truck, I just wish the dealership/corporate ownership experience was something better than “awful”.

I just can’t wrap my head around dropping this kind of coin on a vehicle and extended services to only interact with local dealerships and a car manufacturer who both refuse to accept accountability—one is always passing the buck to the other.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
He went through the process....what are you not getting about his problem and situation? Do you not understand his post? Again, you should read the post in its entirety before you comment. He went through the process and they are not helping him; they didn't say hey lets talk to Jeep and see if we can rectify this...lol. Dude, you really need to comprehend better what they've been saying. This isn't a situation where they went to a dealer and the dealer has said they will discuss with Jeep corporate to get a ruling. This is a situation where the dealer has denied a claim under warranty or didn't do their due diligence to get the problem fixed.

What are you suggesting he do at this point lol?
If you would like more info on how dealership relationships are managed, or warranty practices, shoot me a message. We don't need to gum up this thread.

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
Maybe @JeepCares can do something to help you sort this out.
I would be very curious to know if ANYONE has ever had JeepCares actually directly resolve an issue. In my experience, they are very kind people who can listen and assure, but they don’t really do anything to resolve issues. I think they just make it harder to blame FCA for problems, because they are just sympathetic and kind—not effective at resolving issues (beyond just booking dealership visits for you).

Sponsored

2TH MVR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD. Audi A7, Alfa Romeo 4C
Occupation
Orthodontist
When I went to purchase my JTRD .... I 1st went to the dealership that was closest to my home hoping to buy it there and develop some type of good relationship for future service. Well. The salespeople there were assholes lying about how they had to raise all the fees due to the shortages. Whatever. Went to Renate at Chapman Scottsdale (20-30 miles away) and ordered my JTRD for 5% below invoice.

Point is. I will be doing ALL MY SERVICE work at the dealership I bought my Jeep from. They worked with me with the purchase price and therefore ..... they get my future service appts. I don't mind the 20-30 mile trip. Gives my diesel time to regen lol.

As for the OP. You're right. Lousy dealership experience. They should have just replaced the speaker no questions asked rather than argue with the customer.

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
Vehicles with amps are supposed to be loud. I just dropped 2k on an afternarket system to upgrade my basic 5" unit. It blasts and doesn't have any vibrations like OP has. Service tech is a moron obviously. My factory paper mache garbage speakers didn't even do that. Time to go full asshole up in that dealership OP!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah that is not ok...I would call Jeep corporate to see if they would do anything and then go to the BBB and your State Attorney General to see if they would look into it. If you had an aftermarket product on there like a Bestop or something like that I could understand them saying they cant cover that, but if its OEM then they are legally bound to cover it. Jeeps are one of the most modified vehicles out there and its kills me that they also think that these modifications are causing unrelated issues.
R U serious? One stop and already you are looking to BBB or the attorney general? Sorry, the latter will laugh you out of their office. They don't touch stuff like that, especially if it's just one visit or attempt and nothing else has been done. They'd only get involved if it was a lemon law thing or you had exhausted all other possibilities. And BBB - meh, not for car dealerships and they don't care about BBB ratings generally speaking. BBB is more for small or other businesses, home repairs, that sort of thing. I've dealt with them several times - and all they do is let you post a complaint and wait for the other party to respond. They have no teeth other than show complaints and ratings. They can't "do" anything. Too many people don't even look to the BBB when looking for someone to do business with.

Last edited:

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
They fixed my steering box issue. But from what I hear from others it's a mixed bag.

I would be very curious to know if ANYONE has ever had JeepCares actually directly resolve an issue. In my experience, they are very kind people who can listen and assure, but they don’t really do anything to resolve issues. I think they just make it harder to blame FCA for problems, because they are just sympathetic and kind—not effective at resolving issues (beyond just booking dealership visits for you).

kdfhuey

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. Not sure they’re anything more than someone
R U serious? One stop and already you are looking to BBB of the attorney general? Sorry, the latter will laugh you out of their office. They don't touch stuff like that, especially if it's just one visit or attempt and nothing else has been done. They'd only get involved if it was a lemon law thing or you had exhausted all other possibilities. And BBB - meh, not for car dealerships and they don't care about BBB ratings generally speaking. BBB is more for small or other businesses, home repairs, that sort of thing. I've dealt with them several times - and all they do is let you post a complaint and wait for the other party to respond. They have no teeth other than show complaints and ratings. They can't "do" anything. Too many people don't even look to the BBB when looking for someone to do business with.
Ugh, again dude, did you read the thread and what I said? I said go to Jeep corporate first didn't I?

To be clear, the BBB has worked for me and I have gone to the BBB for larger companie issues and it did rectify my issue with them, so I have first hand knowledge that it can work. Just because you have tried it and it didn't work for you doesn't mean that it wont put pressure on them to answer the mail for this person.

But once again, what is your solution to this issue? You're like one of my employees that comes to me with a problem and has no solution to the problem...lol. The guy said he tried to reason with the dealership and they didn't do anything to help him, so what should he do? Instead of saying what doesn't work, try and help this guy with a suggestion of what to do instead of what not to do.

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In defense of the Tech who worked on your truck, it looks based on the RO that he actually did spend some effort trying to find the problem.

I know you are young. But learn from me. I worked as a service writer at a Saab/Subaru dealer when I was younger.

Whenever you bring in a car for a problem the needs to be diagnosed. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS, tell the service writer to put on the RO. "Customer is waiting. Please see him if you can not duplicate".

Or what I do is actually set the expectation with the service writer when I'm making my appointment that I will be demonstrating the problem with him. I direct ask the service writer "Can you hear that??". When he says yes, I instruct him to have the tech come see him if he can't duplicate the problem. I do this when I won't be waiting. Otherwise I just have them come see me.

The dreaded "Could not Duplicate" is the most infuriating thing ever.

Don

p.s. Have you purchased a home yet? Its probably a better use of your free cash flow than a 60k truck at your age. Not trying to be a dick. But its true.

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
I'm siding with the OP on this. And it's really none of our damn businesd if he bought a truck as opposed to a house. None of you can tell me that you wouldn't be pissed if you weren't in his spot. I paid 37k out the door and I'd be pissed if I had paid 39k with the premium audio and the same thing happened. I would go back to dealer and have a tech sit there and reproduce the issue in front of him/her. It is a warranty issue and they need to replace the speaker period. It's a bumper to bumper for crying out loud. I don't care how small the problem is, IT'S UNDER WARRANTY.

kdfhuey

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm siding with the OP on this. And it's really none of our damn businesd if he bought a truck as opposed to a house. None of you can tell me that you wouldn't be pissed if you weren't in his spot. I paid 37k out the door and I'd be pissed if I had paid 39k with the premium audio and the same thing happened. I would go back to dealer and have a tech sit there and reproduce the issue in front of him/her. It is a warranty issue and they need to replace the speaker period. It's a bumper to bumper for crying out loud. I don't care how small the problem is, IT'S UNDER WARRANTY.
Well said. Jeep dealerships need to stand behind their product. That's all we're expecting, nothing more, nothing less.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, First post to go along with my first brand new vehicle.

Long story short, I spent many many years driving a wreak of a 2008 Ram 2500 Gasser I had since high school, was on it's last legs but the old girl let me save enough money to buy my dream car. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago and I drove home in a brand new 2021 Aqua Blue Jeep Gladiator Mojave with every option save for adaptive cruise control, MSRP well over 60,000 Dollars, with a vehicle of such cost I expected easy warranty service....and that's when the horror starts.
Jeep Gladiator First post and a nightmare story of a warranty! Dilbert-solutions-not-problems

The dealership I purchased the jeep though was great, Jeff Belzers out of New Prague, Minnesota is a place I will always come back to, however the problem is I live a solid hour and a half away so to save time I thought I could use the nearby FCA/Stalantis/Whatever lingo they are called now dealership if something went wrong.

Something did go wrong, something stupid and minor to the point I considered fixing it myself, my front left dash speaker vibrates badly at certain frequencies, it's not an unknown problem in JTs and JLs so whatever, no big deal....or so I thought.

I get an appointment with Adamson Motors in Rochester, Minnesota (my home town) to do a warranty claim, I get a bad vibe the moment I drive into their service bay about a week later, service writer is grumpy and almost dismissive of me, entire place is stupid busy and understaffed, he looked angry that I even took the time out of my day.

Next thing that goes wrong is they do NOTHING to protect my interior when they took it to work on it, no seat covers, no wheel covers, no booties or paper floor mats, they put their oily boots all over my nice carpet....ok i guess whatever, I just want this issue fixed at this point.

It's gone for about 45 minutes, I get called into the cashiers office and told to leave, the service writer nor the tech came to tell me what they did....and what they did was nothing, so much nothing they did not submit a warranty claim to FCA and just assumed it was this way on purpose and I must be an idiot for playing with it.
Jeep Gladiator First post and a nightmare story of a warranty! Dilbert-solutions-not-problems

you know, the 9 speaker Alpine deck that I spent 2,000 dollars on to get. The report I got given by the cashier makes no sense, the tech claims he used a app on his phone to create a tone to reproduce the issue, he states that a 40-45HZ sound causes the issue and it does....but blames it on high volume causing it....that's not how sound waves work, if a tone at that frequency is causing the issue it happens at all volumes, frequency and amplitude are different things....I confirmed this when getting home and being rather upset (Sorry for the profanity in the video, but for those watching turn your bass down and you'll hear the thing shaking like a MF)

So I did the last thing I could at this point, I complained to jeep themselves and I spent a good half hour on the phone with a Jeep Wave rep that got a scan of this report and the video, I was told an investigation was being launched for failure to warranty and they would replace this speaker regardless as the jeep is brand new with 1200 miles at the moment.

That's as far as I've gotten so far, I'll update this when I get more info or something changes.....Long story short, avoid Adamson Motors like the plague, they don't know what they are doing.
Dealershps are like women.... find one you trust and marry her... then leave the bottom feeders to themselves.
Sponsored