First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Thank you all for the warm welcome. Yes I’m a fly fisherman and this truck would fit the bill quite nicely. If I do buy it, it will be used for a lot of different things but first and foremost it will serve primarily as my fly fishing vehicle.

Aside from the obvious off-road advantages, I think the storage under the back seat should work out pretty well for fly rod tubes, boxes, misc equipment, etc. I’m pretty excited about the prospect and hope they turn out to be everything we all want them to be at a reasonable price...
Sponsored

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
Thank you all for the warm welcome. Yes I’m a fly fisherman and this truck would fit the bill quite nicely. If I do buy it, it will be used for a lot of different things but first and foremost it will serve primarily as my fly fishing vehicle.

Aside from the obvious off-road advantages, I think the storage under the back seat should work out pretty well for fly rod tubes, boxes, misc equipment, etc. I’m pretty excited about the prospect and hope they turn out to be everything we all want them to be at a reasonable price...
Awesome! Have you fished Idaho yet? We are known for having some of the best fly fishing streams in the US.

OP
OP
Dryfly24

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Awesome! Have you fished Idaho yet? We are known for having some of the best fly fishing streams in the US.
I haven’t yet. But Silver Creek and the Snake - among others - are on my to-do list this year. I’m planning on a fly fishing tour through Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana and Idaho this year.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Dryfly24, checkout the king of the hammers videos to see footage of a gladiators capabilities, albeit modified, but still jeep underneath.

OP
OP
Dryfly24

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Dryfly24, checkout the king of the hammers videos to see footage of a gladiators capabilities, albeit modified, but still jeep underneath.
I’ll check it out, thanks!

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I’ll check it out, thanks!
It was in "stock" class, but lots modified. I think original suspension mounting points had to be used, motor trans stock, different axles and the aftermarket lockers failed and it still finished the race.

OP
OP
Dryfly24

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Just watched the Jeep train picking and crawling their way through those rocks. Makes the stuff Indo look like a soccer mom’s commute...

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Forgot to mention, I’m looking at the Rubicon. So hopefully they’ll still target it to fit the average Joe's budget...
Said it before, & sort of confirmed via Quadratec's latest video -- Pick a comparable JLU, add ~ $3.5K and you have your JT !

EDIT 3pm Friday -- Hey it's me "Dummy" again -- can someone Post this Video on all our behalf's ? Thanks (in advance)

Last edited:

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004

OH YEA . . . We breath the same AIR . . . Someone else to share in MY Fly Fishing JOY ! Once You Get your new toy off the beaten path (as I hope to do) - pics, pics, & more pics required ON Location / River-side, Lake-side, Camp-side . . . !
Could mean finally seeing my dream Thread come to fruition -- "Show & Tell . . . Fly Fishers Nirvana " . :clap: :rock: :)

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just watched the Jeep train picking and crawling their way through those rocks. Makes the stuff Indo look like a soccer mom’s commute...
Said it before, & sort of confirmed via Quadratec's latest video -- Pick a comparable JLU, add ~ $3.5K and you have your JT !

EDIT 3pm Friday -- Hey it's me "Dummy" again -- can someone Post this Video on all our behalf's ? Thanks (in advance)
which video? the $3,000-$3,500 one? If so, its here.

OP
OP
Dryfly24

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired and loving it
OH YEA . . . We breath the same AIR . . . Someone else to share in MY Fly Fishing JOY ! Once You Get your new toy off the beaten path (as I hope to do) - pics, pics, & more pics required ON Location / River-side, Lake-side, Camp-side . . . !
Could mean finally seeing my dream Thread come to fruition -- "Show & Tell . . . Fly Fishers Nirvana " . :clap: :rock: :)
After I get mine - and I’m about 99.999% sure I will - I’ll post plenty of pics. This is the perfect truck for me. I’m convinced of that now that I’ve been perusing the site more and have a better idea of what I’m getting into. Even if they price the Rubi into the stratosphere, I’m pretty sure I can build one with just the bare necessities. Failing that I’ll just work up from a Sport till I get what I need. Unless they make that one ridiculously expensive as well a which point this whole project will probably fail.

Based on many of the posts I’ve seen In my short time here, there seem to be quite a few of us fly fishers on this forum. I think I’m going to enjoy it... :clap::like:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After I get mine - and I’m about 99.999% sure I will - I’ll post plenty of pics. This is the perfect truck for me. I’m convinced of that now that I’ve been perusing the site more and have a better idea of what I’m getting into. Even if they price the Rubi into the stratosphere, I’m pretty sure I can build one with just the bare necessities. Failing that I’ll just work up from a Sport till I get what I need. Unless they make that one ridiculously expensive as well a which point this whole project will probably fail.

Based on many of the posts I’ve seen In my short time here, there seem to be quite a few of us fly fishers on this forum. I think I’m going to enjoy it... :clap::like:
i like eating fish. ;)

Wouldn't mind learning to fly fish.

OP
OP
Dryfly24

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired and loving it
i like eating fish. ;)

Wouldn't mind learning to fly fish.
Lol, I’m almost exclusively a catch and release guy but I’ve been known to sneak one or two into a frying pan on occasion... :angel::giggle:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol, I’m almost exclusively a catch and release guy but I’ve been known to sneak one or two into a frying pan on occasion... :angel::giggle:
I wish I could shoot and release deer. lol, dudes with bad shots I guess could be considered shoot and release.
I've only shot 5 times in my life. Killed all 5 deer though.:punch:
Sponsored