Sponsored

First post and a nightmare story of a warranty!

OP
OP

DeepBluDreams

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Medical Delivery
So the dealer was right............it was not the speaker vibrating.

Funny how things work out sometimes.

Hope you get the design flaw fixed to your satisfaction.

Also, hope you can get out and enjoy your JT.
Not really, the diagnosed it as a speaker issue so their tech was still wrong and considering this is a fairly common issue I'm surprised they did not know about it

Otherwise I'm loving my JT, it's amazing
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
So I empower people as the experts in their fields to give me solutions. If there’s a problem, then they know how to fix it 9 times out of 10.
Take the Ford pinto, the Ford pinto had major issues with their gas tanks exploding due to some bolts penetrating the gas tank in the event of an accident. The engineers who designed the car, had given not only the problem but the solution to the problem to include fiscal impact per unit. That is what I’m talking about.

Now in the previously mentioned case the leadership didn’t listen to them and people needlessly died and Ford was sued quite heavily because they failed to listen to their SMEs. But ifyou’re smart enough to find a problem, you can usually find a solution.
Boy, if that were true I'd have never been called in to resolve things over and over and over after experts of all sorts failed. I was known as the troubleshooter, the fixer, in more than one job. I fixed what others failed.

Compressor Controls Corp - login issues with the Netware network. It was either crazy slow or wouldn't respond at all to login attempts at certain times. They had expert consultants come in to troubleshoot, they brought in sniffers from a local network shop, they called experts, they paid like crazy, everyone walked away. I was on staff there and talked to my boss about it - naw, that's not it, we all know what we're doing. I contacted a Netware engineer in Novel headquarters and discussed my theories. He said I was likely right. I went to my boss's boss with my theories. He asked what it would cost to resolve it. I got him the numbers. I was told to pick as many people as I wanted - it had to be done over a weekend. Monday morning all issues were gone.
It wasn't even my job. I was designing and spec'ing computers for their turbo compressor controllers and doing desktop images and security.

Principal Financial Group - they were hit with Code Red after I had warned their web team. The experts said all was fine. Little ol' me was giving orders to company officers and the head of security for hours on how to resolve the issues the web team experts let in. I was put in charge of things that weren't even my job - the experts on the server team were at a loss, as were others.... it wasn't even my job.

State of Iowa - an agency had horrific issues with Outlook and Exchange. The Exchange experts said it was on the desktop end or the agency network. The head of central IT and the head of the agency network kept butting heads, experts even at Microsoft were not able to resolve it.
My boss was given a mandate - fix it in one week or else.
I went to him with my ideas - it wasn't one thing, it was about 4 things.
He was between a rock and a hard place - told me to do whatever (and it wasn't even MY job!) A week later it was all resolved and working fine.

Over and over - experts failed.

Often you need to bring in someone unattached to the project or issue.

kdfhuey

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Boy, if that were true I'd have never been called in to resolve things over and over and over after experts of all sorts failed. I was known as the troubleshooter, the fixer, in more than one job. I fixed what others failed.

Compressor Controls Corp - login issues with the Netware network. It was either crazy slow or wouldn't respond at all to login attempts at certain times. They had expert consultants come in to troubleshoot, they brought in sniffers from a local network shop, they called experts, they paid like crazy, everyone walked away. I was on staff there and talked to my boss about it - naw, that's not it, we all know what we're doing. I contacted a Netware engineer in Novel headquarters and discussed my theories. He said I was likely right. I went to my boss's boss with my theories. He asked what it would cost to resolve it. I got him the numbers. I was told to pick as many people as I wanted - it had to be done over a weekend. Monday morning all issues were gone.
It wasn't even my job. I was designing and spec'ing computers for their turbo compressor controllers and doing desktop images and security.

Principal Financial Group - they were hit with Code Red after I had warned their web team. The experts said all was fine. Little ol' me was giving orders to company officers and the head of security for hours on how to resolve the issues the web team experts let in. I was put in charge of things that weren't even my job - the experts on the server team were at a loss, as were others.... it wasn't even my job.

State of Iowa - an agency had horrific issues with Outlook and Exchange. The Exchange experts said it was on the desktop end or the agency network. The head of central IT and the head of the agency network kept butting heads, experts even at Microsoft were not able to resolve it.
My boss was given a mandate - fix it in one week or else.
I went to him with my ideas - it wasn't one thing, it was about 4 things.
He was between a rock and a hard place - told me to do whatever (and it wasn't even MY job!) A week later it was all resolved and working fine.

Over and over - experts failed.

Often you need to bring in someone unattached to the project or issue.
soooo it seemed to me that you had resolutions to your theories. Whether leadership takes action on your concerns is another story.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
soooo it seemed to me that you had resolutions to your theories. Whether leadership takes action on your concerns is another story.
Yeah, but I was not an expert in any of those situations other than when code red hit PFG - even then, I was a lowly underling handling desktop security - not servers, not web servers.

At CCC - I didn't know much about network protocols at that time. I knew Netware - but not much about routing, switching, and the finer points. I didn't even know what a "network sniffer" was at that time. Experts failed left and right.

At the state - I knew almost nothing about Exchange. I was far from an Outlook expert. They had people that were 3, even 4 levels above my status who did that full time. They were lost - month after month. Management relied on and listened to experts time after time. Experts said "we know what this is" and in each case, management relied on them - and in each case, they were very wrong. They tended to look at things only from their own background and expertise.

All cases, management relied on experts. In all cases, experts failed them.

pcrawfordpt

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
PT
I think most people misunderstand the role of the JeepCares team/staff.
Their purpose isn't to "run it up the chain" or find someone who knows more or help diagnose.

It all must go through the local dealers - JC can't put anyone in contact with someone who can diagnose or troubleshoot.
The dealership is supposed to work with the STAR team when they are stumped.
Then they need to make that a little more clear. I was made to understand they would help me “run it up the chain”…

Sponsored

kdfhuey

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, but I was not an expert in any of those situations other than when code red hit PFG - even then, I was a lowly underling handling desktop security - not servers, not web servers.

At CCC - I didn't know much about network protocols at that time. I knew Netware - but not much about routing, switching, and the finer points. I didn't even know what a "network sniffer" was at that time. Experts failed left and right.

At the state - I knew almost nothing about Exchange. I was far from an Outlook expert. They had people that were 3, even 4 levels above my status who did that full time. They were lost - month after month. Management relied on and listened to experts time after time. Experts said "we know what this is" and in each case, management relied on them - and in each case, they were very wrong. They tended to look at things only from their own background and expertise.

All cases, management relied on experts. In all cases, experts failed them.
I’m sorry you’ve had that experience but that’s not my experience. Leadership takes many forms and quite often the leaders aren’t the experts in all fields.

let’s not hijack a thread on opinions on leadership characteristics though.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I’m sorry you’ve had that experience but that’s not my experience. Leadership takes many forms and quite often the leaders aren’t the experts in all fields.

let’s not hijack a thread on opinions on leadership characteristics though.
Hey, don't apologize to me - it made me out to be a hero almost every place I worked and at the state I even leapfrogged over others (like my son has done with his jobs - he's a problem-solver/troubleshooter in the tech field)

Few leaders exist today and management generally has little experience in the field they manage in. Shame, but that's the modern world. Not how it used to be.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Then they need to make that a little more clear. I was made to understand they would help me “run it up the chain”…
I’m with you. I’m a little lost as to what “Jeep Cares“ is supposed to be if they aren‘t there to help and are powerless to do so even if they wanted to.

If I need a sympathetic ear I’ve got plenty of friends who can step in for that…

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
One more comment to all this. Does the owner of the Jeep Dealership know what's going on? Some owners/leaders are way too trusting of subordinates that are masters at ass kissing but total pricks to everyone else.

Leadership can't fix problems they're unaware of. If they chose not to listen then the outcome of poor ratings/reduced income etc are on them.

Does the guy who owns Adamson Motors know about how poorly his dealership is run? And how much money and his personal reputation that he is throwing away because of these idiots? Based on everything written [others saying it's common knowledge among the locals to never go to them] I would think he probably does. But to be fair I always try to make sure the guy who's name is on the building gets informed of patently obvious screw ups like this.

Off on a rant---stop reading now unless you're bored and have nothing better to do :ontheloo:

I've seen time and time again how one guy in a leadership position can completely ruin or make an organization succeed. To have both a shitty General Manager and Service Manager---little chance the dealership will ever have a good reputation. And bad attitudes roll downhill catching others along the way.

One of the worst things about my 30+ years in the Marine Corps was watching Marines of all ranks from Privates to 4 Star General Officers having absolutely no idea what loyalty is. And I've watched the same guys get burned time and again because of their misguided sense of loyalty.

At the lower ranks it's almost always due to covering up for a guy who isn't following the rules---sure as shit the guy is ultimately going to get caught and he'll turn on everyone of his "loyal" brothers and tell me they knew all about it and were covering for him.

The worst is the guys who get killed [and usually cause innocents to get killed also] through drunk or reckless driving. Everyone in the barracks knows who the out of control drunks or crazy bikers/drivers are---but almost no one has the balls to show real loyalty and let the leadership know---we want to get the guy help but by the time it comes to our attention it's usually way past not affecting a career. We're still going to get him help but he's usually going to get tossed from the Corps.

I can't tell you how many times the killed guy's best friend ended up in my office just bawling his eyes out and telling me he wished he had told us how off the rails the guy was going.

On the leadership side it's usually by "taking care" of someone they know or like. Senior Staff NCO's or Officers who are fucking up left and right or treating junior Marines like shit. These "leaders" love to justify their lack of leadership by saying the guy served with them somewhere, or he's only got a few more years until retirement etc etc. That these losers are absolutely ruining the new Marines who come in and destroying the camaraderie of the team isn't even considered. Then when the Inspector General finally gets brought in---it's everybody who gets burned---all because of a lack of loyalty to the Marine Corps instead of to individuals who don't deserve it.

I'd tell all my guys during their in-brief,

"Everyone here, regardless of rank gets hammered for not toeing the line---because to look the other way for guys we like, or who are war hero's, or senior personnel is actually punishing you guys who do follow the rules. So if some prick is asking you to cover for him--perhaps it's time to tell him your really pissed for him asking and putting you in this no win situation."

It's also doing nothing more than reinforcing the belief a lot of Marines and Sailors already have that the system isn't fair.

Love our military personnel and especially the Marines---Oh the stories I could tell....

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
One more comment to all this. Does the owner of the Jeep Dealership know what's going on? Some owners/leaders are way too trusting of subordinates that are masters at ass kissing but total pricks to everyone else....
Doubt it is a one off situation that ownership would be ignorant of.

Lip Service is given to most customers concerns and issues if overall sales and business goals are being met.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Does the guy who owns
Look up dealership ownership. Most is public record.
"The guy who owns" is fading fast and likely only about 3/4 of all dealerships if even that. Yes, about 3/4 or so are "family owned" but even those are corporations and not "one guy".
The corporation that owns the dealership I bought through owns all of the competition in this area as well. About 13 dealerships in our area alone - plus they own dozens in Texas, Utah, California and Michigan. "Guy" - hardly.

I see some have gone through "Lithia" - guess how many dealerships that corporation owns in how many states.......I read something like 130 dealerships in several states but that was a few years ago. They have dealerships right here in central Iowa.

Luckily many if not most are still at least "family corporation" owned, some family owned. If you had a problem with Motor Inn in Iowa, you can bet your sweet Aunt Bippy that you could contact someone and get a response.
But have an issue with Stew Hansen's in Iowa - good luck with that. You'd have to contact some CEO and he'd like ask "so which store was that again?"
The dealerships owned by Ken Garff (Stew Hansen's, Dewey, etc.) all do that bull crap "I have to go check with my manager" shit and then the "manager" comes out with a truck load of BS and tries to be your friend and talks up a big story about how his family came here, blah blah. The one at Dewey is so full of blarney he turns green when he starts talking and trying to tell jokes to get you loosened up. Every dealership owned by Ken Garff, inc is the same way. They do the old-school bs talk to manager and "we can't give discounts as we'd lose money" stuff.
(Garff owns 30 of the dealerships in Utah - good luck if you live in that state

If you want a Jeep here you deal with a dealership owned by a corporation somewhere else - unless you go to Granger Motors or Motor Inn.
I'd also trust Deery Brothers - those guys are big and still do a few songs and dances but their shop is fantastic, their parts people great and they paid me thousands more for my truck outright than Stew was willing to give in trade. Too bad they are a Chevy dealer unless I want to drive a long ways.
If I buy another Jeep - I'll likely to through Spencer @ Motor Inn.
No BS, simple, fast. He may be a day's long round trip but........... he's FAIR and very family.

Anyway, the bit about "the guy who owns" - I'd be really curious to see if the dealership in question here was owned by person, a family, a corporate giant, or whatever.

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
Look up dealership ownership. Most is public record.
"The guy who owns" is fading fast and likely only about 3/4 of all dealerships if even that. Yes, about 3/4 or so are "family owned" but even those are corporations and not "one guy".

Thanks much for the update. It's amazing to me that the old school way of doing business still exists with all the information available---but I guess the clueless masses would rather follow Kim Kardashian than take the time to learn about the second or third most expensive purchase they'll have.

SuperJ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Meeting Attender and Email Responder
That sucks that the dealer chose to handle the issue the way they did. You have a legit complaint with them. But since life is short, here's what I'd do: buy a pair of aftermarket 3.5" speakers to replace the factory dashtop speakers. I paid around $40 for a pair of Pioneers that sound way better than the factory units. Those grills just snap off too and the speakers are held in by two easily accessible screws. That will put the problem in the rear view and give you better sound too.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Plastic trim tools to avoid scratching - the speaker grills stick in snug but it's just a snap-in fit, about 4 clips or so. Stubby phillips. Press tab to release the wire connection which then just pulls apart.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
That sucks that the dealer chose to handle the issue the way they did. You have a legit complaint with them. But since life is short, here's what I'd do: buy a pair of aftermarket 3.5" speakers to replace the factory dashtop speakers. I paid around $40 for a pair of Pioneers that sound way better than the factory units. Those grills just snap off too and the speakers are held in by two easily accessible screws. That will put the problem in the rear view and give you better sound too.
Link?
Sponsored