First Post From a Toyota Guy...

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Not MSRP, and your not getting a JT at launch for less the MSRP. Everything I have heard, and seen seem to point to 3k or so over JL.
Na, MSRP is for the uninformed and impatient. There will be plenty JTs sold for less than MSRP at launch through dealer orders at invoice or below. By late availability there will be dealers selling several percent under invoice.
Sponsored

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
Na, MSRP is for the uninformed and impatient. There will be plenty JTs sold for less than MSRP at launch through dealer orders at invoice or below. By late availability there will be dealers selling several percent under invoice.
THIS^^
Texas man is 100% correct
-Be patient
-Know that you should be able to get at least 6% under invoice
-Look around at various dealers until you get the 6% under.
-you may need to go far to find a dealer that will

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
Toyota’s have been in my family since I was a kid along with just about every other make of American auto. No other vehicle has ever even come close to the reliability of Toyota. Over the last thirty years or so, Ive had a lot of experience off-road with American makes through my job. Trust me when I say this is the only vehicle that could even make me contemplate another make of truck. Half of me says I’m crazy for doing it, but the stronger half is really liking what I’ve seen on paper regarding the Gladiator.

The only question still left unresolved is the price. If reasonably priced, I will for sure be driving one off the lot and leaving my Tundra behind. Not something I would’ve fathomed before this...
I also grew up with Toyotas. My brother, who's owned nothing but Toyotas since he started driving has a Lexus LX 470 and my dad is on his second Tundra, a 2010 which is th latest since his first, an '88 4Runner. I'm a union firefighter/paramedic and have owned American since 2002. I took a crew cab F150 in for service once and they gave me a Wrangler Unlimited as a loaner. My wife liked it and we never even had the Freedom panels off! When I found out that they were available with a manual transmission, I was sold. I bought a new one in Dec. '15 and I've already been told by my wife and kids that I can't get another vehicle unless it's a Jeep, so that's why I'm going Gladiator. I know it's not a real concern to you, but Wranglers have one of the best resale values of any SUV built today (67% in 5 yrs.). I never understood the fascination with Jeeps until I owned one. I haven't looked back since.

BlckJT

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC Altitude -=BlckWK2=-
THIS^^
Texas man is 100% correct
-Be patient
-Know that you should be able to get at least 6% under invoice
-Look around at various dealers until you get the 6% under.
-you may need to go far to find a dealer that will
Yup. there were multiple group buys below invoice for the JL's release. Same will happen here with the JT.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
I personally go the opposite on this. My choices on my next vehicle are a Jeep Truck or Tundra Platinum. The Tundra has not been redesigned and the power train is proven and is obviously more capable being a full size pickup and the platinum can be had around 50k. Now here comes the new Jeep pickup wicked cool looking and comes in stick but getting one in stick makes it worst in class towing. I truly enjoy driving stick which is why i am considering the gladiator in the first place. But the jeep is unproven and has a ridiculous start stop system on it which really turns me off from it. Its going to come down to price on which i choose, if the gladiator is significantly cheaper like 35k then i will take it over the tubdra but if its 45k then tundra here i come.
I think you can turn off the stop start system. Am I right?

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver