Sponsored

First Post From a Toyota Guy...

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
Lol, I’m almost exclusively a catch and release guy but I’ve been known to sneak one or two into a frying pan on occasion... :angel::giggle:
Me too! I don't eat fish often enough to keep em so I usually catch and release. Sometimes I keep (usually just raindows or steelheads) because I like to eat fish.
Sponsored

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
I wish I could shoot and release deer. lol, dudes with bad shots I guess could be considered shoot and release.
I've only shot 5 times in my life. Killed all 5 deer though.:punch:
Well when the season is over and I'm bored I go hiking with camo and scout for next season.
I have missed once, I hit the cheek bone of a deer then it ran for a half a mile then by the time I got to it some ass loaded it into their truck and sped off.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Well when the season is over and I'm bored I go hiking with camo and scout for next season.
I have missed once, I hit the cheek bone of a deer then it ran for a half a mile then by the time I got to it some ass loaded it into their truck and sped off.
well at least it was eaten (presumably)

wentwest

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1st Gen Toyota Tacoma
After I get mine - and I’m about 99.999% sure I will - I’ll post plenty of pics. This is the perfect truck for me. I’m convinced of that now that I’ve been perusing the site more and have a better idea of what I’m getting into. Even if they price the Rubi into the stratosphere, I’m pretty sure I can build one with just the bare necessities. Failing that I’ll just work up from a Sport till I get what I need. Unless they make that one ridiculously expensive as well a which point this whole project will probably fail.

Based on many of the posts I’ve seen In my short time here, there seem to be quite a few of us fly fishers on this forum. I think I’m going to enjoy it... :clap::like:
Flyfisherman here... both fresh and salt water. Also a bow hunter for deer. First post, and looking forward to a Rubi Gladiator this year to replace my 2003 Toyota Tacoma, which has been the best vehicle I’ve ever owned. The Rubi Gladiator has definitely piqued my curiosity though. I saw it at the LA Auto show and I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it since.

I’m looking forward to some great adventures with it. Camping, hunting, fishing... you name it.

OP
OP
Dryfly24

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Flyfisherman here... both fresh and salt water. Also a bow hunter for deer. First post, and looking forward to a Rubi Gladiator this year to replace my 2003 Toyota Tacoma, which has been the best vehicle I’ve ever owned. The Rubi Gladiator has definitely piqued my curiosity though. I saw it at the LA Auto show and I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it since.

I’m looking forward to some great adventures with it. Camping, hunting, fishing... you name it.
I’m also a bow hunter and a gun hunter and spend a lot of time at the range. Another thing I really enjoy is riding my Indian Springfield, but when I get this truck I’ve got some plans for a whirlwind, multi state fly fishing safari. I just wish they’d hurry up with production already...

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004

LOOK LIKE WE ARE STARTING TO SEE THE 'FLIES" COME OUT OF THE BUSHES, like Caddis toward evening for their "sex-dance," ha ! SHOW & TELL . . . gonna be a GREAT THREAD someday . . . perhaps all us fly fishers will have to start a "Greet & Meet Fly-Fishing Venture ! ? Coming to a Great Outdoorsy location . . . sometime in the future ? :clap: :like:

OP
OP
Dryfly24

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
LOOK LIKE WE ARE STARTING TO SEE THE 'FLIES" COME OUT OF THE BUSHES, like Caddis toward evening for their "sex-dance," ha ! SHOW & TELL . . . gonna be a GREAT THREAD someday . . . perhaps all us fly fishers will have to start a "Greet & Meet Fly-Fishing Venture ! ? Coming to a Great Outdoorsy location . . . sometime in the future ? :clap: :like:
How cool would that be once we all get our trucks?! :idea: :clap::rock::like::handsinair::fist bump::party::dance::beer:

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I'm in. Location? And, remember your internet dating etiquettes, no saying you have a larger set of JT's than you have in real life

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

Mall crawling? Or Lowes crawling?

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
How cool would that be once we all get our trucks?! :idea: :clap::rock::like::handsinair::fist bump::party::dance::beer:
Yup, I was dreaming that just last night after doing the post . . . it would be very cool indeed to see a Line - of - JT's heading to "Who-knows-Where" ? JK Jeep Cluber's do it all the time !

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

I'm into all of that but the hunting . Don't hear much from Salt Fly Guys, but, ha - #MeToo ! East Coast, West Coast, all around . . . including off a Navy Ship in the Pacific (Yellowfin, Wahoo, Mahi Mahi) I only have the "M&M" shot . . . with my (then) Sage RPLXi2 10wt. ! Near the end of the "Cruise" I hooked into a Sailfish (trolling speed) and it quickly broke off after Jumping (wow) far away and destroying my reel, ending fishing time ! ENJOY . . . then back to regular news !

P1000331.JPG

P1000330.JPG

Professor57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2020 Gator Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I’m in too! That’s one reason for the JT, to get to those spots most only dream of.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not MSRP, and your not getting a JT at launch for less the MSRP. Everything I have heard, and seen seem to point to 3k or so over JL.
Can't you order one under invoice at time of launch? Like from the Idaho guy?

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Not MSRP, and your not getting a JT at launch for less the MSRP. Everything I have heard, and seen seem to point to 3k or so over JL.
It’s possible you won’t see any under MSRP for a little while, but not likely based on recent history. JLs were Pre-selling at 5% under *invoice* almost as soon as order banks opened, and before anyone ever took deliver of one. I’d be shocked if we didn’t see the same scenario repeating itself here.
Sponsored