First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired
I’m going to go with the 813 Fabrication mount for the side of the bed, along with there optional goodies to mount an ARB twin.
Sponsored

Gunlovebirds1024

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I got that kit off Amazon and I did remove the engine cover. Mounted that on my garage wall so I still get to see it. I did have to slightly modify the mounting plate to fit it to the engine cover bracket. Otherwise, this has been a good option for me. It stays clean and it is convenient. I am running it off an Aux switch, but that is why they are there and I don't have other needs so that is fine. You can wee I opened up by fake hood vents as well, but I am not sure that is necessary to keep it cool. I haven't had any duty cycle issues, but I just use it for airing up.

20211009_014647.jpg
I tried this same mount and having heat issues. There is burn marks in the hood liner from the compressor from a ~40 min drive. Compressor did not have power hooked to it. I am going to take it out; don’t recommend hooking it there.

Anyone had luck with the fire wall under the break booster on the drivers side?

Jeep Gladiator First timer looking into on onbard air B41C171A-4B8B-4944-8852-E623A2B87FFA

Iamstubb

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Is that a burn mark or just where it pressed up against the insulation. Mine still good and working even after 7 hour drivethen used to fill tires and camping stuff like air mattresses.

Gunlovebirds1024

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
It is both. Under the plastic faster is a push mark where I didn’t have the compressor turned and lowered enough. To the left is a cleaner hole, un frayed, unlike the push/rip mark. This is my best guess. It would need to get very hot to do that. Lines up with the silver bolt on top of the compressor.

Does anyone know the actual clearance differences in the different hoods?

Sponsored

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
i just have a viair in a bag in my bed. easy. chuck it in when needed.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Anyone had luck with the fire wall under the break booster on the drivers side?
Personally not a fan with the catalyst right there. Yeah you can shield it but that's still a pretty hot area. The bed or somewhere inside seems to be the best solution but the bed required a pretty hefty power run to cover the distance.

Gunlovebirds1024

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
That is what I should do… wife thinks everything else is excessive and frivolous. She might be right but where is the fun in that.

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
I do the same, except I've run Anderson Connectors to the battery and out to the bumper, and set-up the compressor with Anderson Connectors, so I don't even have to pop the hood to get power.

amoyer_01

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys
Anyone running the single ARB compressor under the passenger seat? If so what bracket are you using. I like the Innovative AT Product but they haven't gotten back to me if it will work.

Sponsored

Gunlovebirds1024

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Mounting directly to the fire wall didn’t work well. Pushed the liner too far forward and would hit if the wheel flexed too much. So far no problems with mounting just above the frame on drivers side.

Gunlovebirds1024

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Mounting directly to the fire wall didn’t work well. Pushed the liner too far forward and would hit if the wheel flexed too much. So far no problems with mounting just above the frame on drivers side.
Jeep Gladiator First timer looking into on onbard air C2A1698D-BD66-4D7B-AA23-2C74A2529C9A

gotswap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
ARB Dual under the passenger seat and you can run floor AC to help keep it cool. /endthread
Sponsored