Foam cannon anyone?

jo.jacques

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Willys - Sting Grey
Foam cannons are cool. I use mine intermittently . Remember, to avoid swirl marks, the most important thing is to religiously use a two bucket system and constantly rinse your soft wash sponge/rag in the clean water and then dip back into the soap bucket. If you do this for each quarter panel, door, fender, etc..., you will avoid a ton of swirl marks. The dirtier the truck, the more you need to rinse and re-soap your rag. You will be amazed how dirty the water bucket gets and how much you avoided grinding dirt into your paint.
I personally use the inserts for the bottom on my bucket and that allowed me to trap all dirt at the bottom of the bucket. But agreed that 2 buckets is always better ;)
Sponsored

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE

bsd103

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 Gladiator Sport S 6spd manual, 2013 Abarth 500, 2012 charger SRT
I tried Chemical Guys Honeydew. Was not impressed.
hmm I use chemical guys honeydew with a modified foam canon and it comes out like shaving cream. Works great. Something isn't right with your setup

Bantam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
B2D9D55F-829A-4501-A42C-0ED1A7FED510.jpeg
D1C14DB1-1720-419C-BB4C-02074CB917B3.jpeg

It’s a soap applicator, so expectations shouldn’t exceed that.

I like it, but wasn’t expensive. Still don’t feel like I’m getting that real thick suds, but not bad.

Might have to pull the pressure washer out and do some work today, come to think of it. 🤔

Boogerman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk
I bought a cheap one off of Amazon. Does Ok. I'm not convinced these things do any better than hand washing. I mean unless it's just light dust you are still going to have to do some hand washing. This just puts a base of soap and rinse off some of the dirt. It's not a spray and done by any means.

MATCC Foam Cannon

Jeep Gladiator Foam cannon anyone? D1C14DB1-1720-419C-BB4C-02074CB917B3
You need the proper soap. Check out chemical guys foam cannon honeydew. I love it. Plus washing with this method (presssure washer and foam cannon) protects the paint from swirls. Over a year with mine and she’s never been touched by a mitt or a touch car wash

Sponsored

cort43202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave (Wife's)
Occupation
Mgr
I think of the foam cannon as a way to protect the paint from scratches. The way I do it does add time and another step but I believe it's worth it if you want to minimize the chance of scratching the paint. I rinse with a pressure washer, spray soap from the foam cannon, let it sit a couple minutes, rinse with pressure washer and then I hand wash using a two bucket method with a mitt.

I agree with others, that alone, the foam cannon won't clean your car perfectly. I've even had ceramic coated cars that I felt needed to be hand cleaned even after I used the foam cannon.

I still use mine every time I wash any of my cars.

BigC1066

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
EMS
I use the Griots Garage boss cannon little pricy but worth it no measuring out soap or anything plus they have a Gloss that looks amazing

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
You need the proper soap. Check out chemical guys foam cannon honeydew. I love it. Plus washing with this method (presssure washer and foam cannon) protects the paint from swirls. Over a year with mine and she’s never been touched by a mitt or a touch car wash
That is honeydew I was using.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.

Sponsored

NeilsD

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Occupation
Travel, Camping, Hiking
I use an PF22 foam cannon - https://www.amazon.com/MTM-Hydro-PF22-2-Auto-Detailing/dp/B083QTGTBM with Adams soap (or you can chose some else https://carhelpo.com/best-foam-cannon/ etc. ). I am satisfied. My car is completely clean.

Like "hjdca" said:

"Remember, to avoid swirl marks, the most important thing is to religiously use a two bucket system and constantly rinse your soft wash sponge/rag in the clean water and then dip back into the soap bucket."

For what it`s worth, I`ve gotten very good foam from Griots Surface Wash, MTM Perfoamance Soap, Chemical Guys Honeydew, Masterson`s Mystic snow Foam and Jay Leno`s Garage Vehicle Wash.

Biggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
I think of the foam cannon as a way to protect the paint from scratches. The way I do it does add time and another step but I believe it's worth it if you want to minimize the chance of scratching the paint. I rinse with a pressure washer, spray soap from the foam cannon, let it sit a couple minutes, rinse with pressure washer and then I hand wash using a two bucket method with a mitt.

I agree with others, that alone, the foam cannon won't clean your car perfectly. I've even had ceramic coated cars that I felt needed to be hand cleaned even after I used the foam cannon.

I still use mine every time I wash any of my cars.
This is the proper way to use a cannon.
Sponsored