Sponsored

Ford Announced The Ranger Raptor Today

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I really hope Jeep has a special edition / performance model of the Gladiator like Ford is doing

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
At least some type of Power Wagon like package would be cool. Only thing they will have an issue with is a high performance engine as there is nothing but V8s that FCA makes with any real performance. I guess they could use a Turbo out of one of the Alfas maybe.

Last edited:

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
At least some type of Power Wagon like package would be cool. Only thing they will have an issue with is a high performance engine as there is nothing but V8s the FCA makes with any real performance. I guess they could use a Turbo out of one of the Alfas maybe.
Whatever power the baby Raptor makes, the 3.0L diesel could match with proper tuning...

MuhThugga

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Pontiac GTO, 2008 Silverado, 1981 El Camino
^^It isn't solely about numbers. The 3.0L diesel and EcoBoost engines are going to have completely different powerbands and driving characteristics.

Sponsored

JeepinOutfitters

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepinoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
1995 XJ, 2016 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Outfitting Jeeps for adventures.
I doubt we'll see anything beyond what's currently available on the JK, and certainly not something along the lines of the Raptor - as much as I love the solid front axle, it's just not as well suited to high-speed bombing as IFS is, and FCA isn't going to be dropping a HEMI into the JT (or JL), as much as people might love them too. By all accounts the HEMI isn't long for this world anyway. Similar to the Power Wagon, I think the JT Rubicon (or whatever they call it) will be positioned as more of a "tool" than a "toy", for people that use their trucks vs play with them.

Of course I say all this while staring at a Mopar calendar that currently has a photo of a Power Wagon parked atop a misty mountain side/top with two camo-clad hunters beside it... But Jeep seems to like to keep their hotrod editions limited to a street-focused Grand Cherokee line, while making the Wrangler line the ultimate off-road explorer.

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Yea I agree. They will most likely do a special edition, maybe something even more hardcore then the Rubicon with factory winch, different bumpers etc.

MLPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Willys JK 6M
At least some type of Power Wagon like package would be cool. Only thing they will have an issue with is a high performance engine as there is nothing but V8s the FCA makes with any real performance. I guess they could use a Turbo out of one of the Alfas maybe.
Yea, I'd say the 503hp/440lb-ft 2.9L twin turbo V6 from the Alfa Giulia QV would do mighty well in propelling a high powered Jeep Gladiator model to take on the Ranger Raptor!

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, I'd say the 503hp/440lb-ft 2.9L twin turbo V6 from the Alfa Giulia QV would do mighty well in propelling a high powered Jeep Gladiator model to take on the Ranger Raptor!
That would be rad considering its part Ferrari motor :P
Sponsored