Ranger Raptor Unveiled. Come on Jeep!!!

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
I long for the day that Jeep gets real and finally makes a Gladiator that runs on Mountain Dew and ball sweat and slathers it with body side graphics, so that, I too, can jump 1.6 feet through the air across protected sand dunes and shear off my motor mounts, while attractive young women look on in disgust at my fragile, perforative masculinity.
Sponsored

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
I long for the day that Jeep gets real and finally makes a Gladiator that runs on Mountain Dew and ball sweat and slathers it with body side graphics, so that, I too, can jump 1.6 feet through the air across protected sand dunes and shear off my motor mounts, while attractive young women look on in disgust at my fragile, perforative masculinity.
I long for the day that Ford makes an F150 that runs on anger and old World War 2 recruiting posters and slathers it in hood side graphics, so that, I too, can crawl at 2 miles per hour over delicate rock formations and snap my axle shafts, while a collection of grumpy old men look on in disgust at my fragile rock crawler.

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
I long for the day that Ford makes an F150 that runs on anger and old World War 2 recruiting posters and slathers it in hood side graphics, so that, I too, can crawl at 2 miles per hour over delicate rock formations and snap my axle shafts, while a collection of grumpy old men look on in disgust at my fragile rock crawler.
“Old World War 2 recruiting posters” 😂

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
I keeping with tradition, Ford will require you to remove the engine to perform an oil change and house the pcv canister in the tailgate requiring proprietary tools to take it apart. It will have a steering wheel from a Lincoln because they ran out of Ford steering wheels and they just grabbed something from the ol’ Ford parts bucket. The infotainment system will display random Windows CE error messages.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Those are the Eurooean numbers, which uses a different scale than our HP and torque ratings ...
The euro numbers are basically the same as they have listed as there is not a huge difference between PS and HP. The UK ranger raptor is absolutely neutered over there with 284 horses.

The US ranger is supposed to be 392 though so europe is actually going to be down 108 horses compared to ours due to emissions is what i read.

Sponsored

TurboHarley

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Ecodiesel
Occupation
Radioactive Waste
I'll stick with my 3.0L diesel and add some more goodies.

alpineovernappa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTSS 3.0 & 2006 LJ 6mt
Ive had a Rubi since May 2019 and have towed many trailers and it pulls just fine and has plenty of power. I mean it has as much power as old V8's. I think people here just don't like the fact its a higher revving engine to make power and associate that as being powerless compared to what we have been conditioned too with V8's and older engines that had the power down low. The fact it downshifts a lot shouldn't be viewed as negative as we have a ton of gears for it to go through with modern 8 and 10 speed transmissions. Would I love a Hemi in it? Absolutely but its not needed and frankly I don't want to pay for the fuel. I really hope the new 3.0 T6 engine makes it in though and im pretty sure thats where Jeep is going to have smaller displacement engines that meet more world emission regulations like the rest of the industry is doing.

You're right- It does have plenty of power and I should have worded it differently. I'm just uncomfortable with where the power band is on the 3.6- even with the JT re-cam. It seems to like to stay between 3-4k RPM to tow up at grade and I worry that the sustained stress of higher RPMs will significantly lower the lifespan of the engine.
Sponsored