First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
What's the real benefit for these powerful engines for an off road vehicle? Just sit back and let these clowns drive around in these things. It will all blow over eventually.
Yes, wanting more horsepower is totally a fad.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland Diesel
But the Mojave looks so much better
The only difference is the Ranger raptor will out perform the Mohave in every way. Except maybe in big rocks. Even thenā€¦..
Iā€˜m not a Ford fanatic. Iā€™ve owned Jeeps for 40 years. I would own the ranger before the F150 Raptor. The Mojave does look much better. My wife owned the new Ranger back in 2019. It was a very nice truck, quiet and comfortable and pretty capable with a crap load of power. I canā€™t imagine the TT 3.0.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just watched the video. Has the Ranger always used a Watts linkage rather than a Panhard rod / track bar??

Jeep Gladiator Ranger Raptor Unveiled. Come on Jeep!!! Watt's_Linkage_Rear_Suspension

Sponsored

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
Yes, wanting more horsepower is totally a fad.
A very long running fad sense like idk early 1900s. Ya got people that want 1000hp and those that want pure EVs I mean ya canā€™t have both right ?? Oh waitā€¦ if only there were enough chargers and it didnā€™t take two hrs to top offā€¦

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A very long running fad sense like idk early 1900s. Ya got people that want 1000hp and those that want pure EVs I mean ya canā€™t have both right ?? Oh waitā€¦ if only there were enough chargers and it didnā€™t take two hrs to top offā€¦
Yup. Those issues will sort themselves out. Fewer than 10 years before battery tech supports a 15 minute charge.

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
If it comes with that piece of crap Ford/GM 10speed, even more reason to stay away.
Good point ... I had a new F150 for about a month as a rental when my JT was hit and being repaired. Overall the truck was nice, but that 10spd trans was not tuned properly. It shifted like total garbage ... my Ford buddies told me I was high. I told them you should not notice the trans. I've since driven the older Ford 6 spd and it felt fine. That 10 spd is possessed.

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S
Occupation
EHS
Good point ... I had a new F150 for about a month as a rental when my JT was hit and being repaired. Overall the truck was nice, but that 10spd trans was not tuned properly. It shifted like total garbage ... my Ford buddies told me I was high. I told them you should not notice the trans. I've since driven the older Ford 6 spd and it felt fine. That 10 spd is possessed.
The one in my Ranger was terrible. I could list 20 things about that trans alone which weren't right. Tons of issues reported with them.

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
I think Ram should be the branch that competes with ranger
My wife has the new Bronco and I havenā€™t noticed any issues with that trans. They say it learns your driving style. So maybe your loanerā€™s trans wasnā€™t in tune with your driving? I donā€™t know.

Sponsored

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
I have a 10 speed 5.0 F150 and I like how it drives.

It does skip gears sometimes when I wish it wouldn't, but you can shift to sport mode to prevent this.

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
It's still a Ford Ranger. I've never been impressed with the Ranger in general. I think some people, even here, are just obsessed with the latest, shiny new thing.

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
I think Ram should be the branch that competes with ranger
Well, after 2023, they won't be putting a Hemi in the Ram TRX, so they can just put the V6 in that and tell everybody they're competing with the Ranger Raptor. :giggle:

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
It's still a Ford Ranger. I've never been impressed with the Ranger in general. I think some people, even here, are just obsessed with the latest, shiny new thing.
While I do like the Ranger, I think the word you were looking for is "most"... most people like the shiny new thing.

Jeep People(TM) love the classic things that define a Jeep. You know who buys probably 80% or more of Wranglers/Gladiators? Not Jeep people, just people who like Jeeps, and those people can be swayed to whatever is more appealing. I'm saying that as one of them and someone who only bought the truck because it had the best payload and the only solid front axle.

For the people here shitting on it beacuse it's not a JEEP and they only like JEEPS because they're JEEP people, nobody really cares other than other JEEP people who circlejerk how JEEP purist they are. The truck isn't for you and that's fine, but I can guarantee it will sell out just as fast as the Bronco no JEEP person would ever buy because it's not a JEEP.

It's competition in the market and I hope to fuck that the response is better than the 392 bullshit they pulled with the Wrangler.
Sponsored