Sponsored

Fox, Falcon, or ?

Punkn_Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I am wanting to order some good shocks asap without spending $3K but finding them for a 6" lift and availability have been my biggest issue.. Who has pros/cons with Fox, Falcon, etc.. I had planned on ordering Falcon 3.3's this weekend but they only offer them for up to 4.5" lift.. I would love some feedback on Brands and experiences..

https://www.quadratec.com/p/fox-rac...r-shocks-wrangler-jl/4-6-inch-lift-885-24-187

https://www.quadratec.com/p/fox-rac...ir-shock-gladiator-jt/4.5-6in-lift-985-24-230

Those are available to ship tomorrow I am just not sure if they are worth the money.. I want good stuff and don't mind spending upto $2K for a set just can't justify spending $3K..
Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Here are the falcon lengths
 you can match them up to the fox lengths.

So the fox shocks you linked are just are just resi’s with no adjustments. They do have that version with adjusters but they cost around $90-$100 more per shock. These would be a big upgrade over your stock shocks. The fox shocks have a 2” diameter.

Now going to the falcons, you would increase the diameter of the shock to around 2.25” inch and going 3.3’s give you adjusters.

I’ll make a suggestion to go to the fox 2.5 series. They go up to the 2.5” body shock and not only give you adjustment on high speed but also low speed
 the only issue is the length of shock for the amount of lift your going to get.

I personally went with the falcon 3.3’s due to the lengths matched the lift I was doing with the recommended shock lengths the mfg gave.

but if money is an issue the fox 2.0’s with resi’s will be
good.

4612A4F6-3023-498D-8328-3368EEB3C458.jpeg

OP
OP
Punkn_Gladiator

Punkn_Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Here are the falcon lengths
 you can match them up to the fox lengths.

So the fox shocks you linked are just are just resi’s with no adjustments. They do have that version with adjusters but they cost around $90-$100 more per shock. These would be a big upgrade over your stock shocks. The fox shocks have a 2” diameter.

Now going to the falcons, you would increase the diameter of the shock to around 2.25” inch and going 3.3’s give you adjusters.

I’ll make a suggestion to go to the fox 2.5 series. They go up to the 2.5” body shock and not only give you adjustment on high speed but also low speed
 the only issue is the length of shock for the amount of lift your going to get.

I personally went with the falcon 3.3’s due to the lengths matched the lift I was doing with the recommended shock lengths the mfg gave.

but if money is an issue the fox 2.0’s with resi’s will be
good.

Jeep Gladiator Fox, Falcon, or ? 4612A4F6-3023-498D-8328-3368EEB3C458
I just didn't really want to spend $3K on shocks but at the same time I would rather not get junk..

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
It depends. Fox and King are linear trending progressive which means they're solid for higher speed things but might bottom out more on hard hits like dropping off a rock shelf. Falcon and Icon and similar are digressive which means they're great for hard hits but might bottom out over deep soft hits like higher speed travel in the dirt. It also makes them more stable on road.

So which is better will be specific to what you need. If you just need shocks then all of them will do, they're all high quality parts even if Fox is probably top of that heap.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Punkn_Gladiator

Punkn_Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
It depends. Fox and King are linear trending progressive which means they're solid for higher speed things but might bottom out more on hard hits like dropping off a rock shelf. Falcon and Icon and similar are digressive which means they're great for hard hits but might bottom out over deep soft hits like higher speed travel in the dirt. It also makes them more stable on road.

So which is better will be specific to what you need. If you just need shocks then all of them will do, they're all high quality parts even if Fox is probably top of that heap.
75% daily driving 25% trails

The 1

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
I am wanting to order some good shocks asap without spending $3K but finding them for a 6" lift and availability have been my biggest issue.. Who has pros/cons with Fox, Falcon, etc.. I had planned on ordering Falcon 3.3's this weekend but they only offer them for up to 4.5" lift.. I would love some feedback on Brands and experiences..

https://www.quadratec.com/p/fox-rac...r-shocks-wrangler-jl/4-6-inch-lift-885-24-187

https://www.quadratec.com/p/fox-rac...ir-shock-gladiator-jt/4.5-6in-lift-985-24-230

Those are available to ship tomorrow I am just not sure if they are worth the money.. I want good stuff and don't mind spending upto $2K for a set just can't justify spending $3K..
if you decide on the Falcons, understand that it’ll be at least 6 months before you get them. I ordered mine in July and am still waiting.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
if you decide on the Falcons, understand that it’ll be at least 6 months before you get them. I ordered mine in July and am still waiting.
Last I heard 
 kings are a year out.

OP
OP
Punkn_Gladiator

Punkn_Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I found a set of Fox in stock ready to ship so i bought them.. Damn near impossible to find Fox, Falcon or Kings and was told the wait times could be anywhere from 30 days to 365 days

Sponsored

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
What did you order? I ordered Falcon SP2 3.3s directly from Teraflex right around Christmas and just got them this week. That’s 6 weeks from when I ordered to when they showed up at my door.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I ordered a set of King's back in 11/20. Got them in May of this year. That was 6 months. Now I heard it's 6 to 9 months now.

The 1

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
What did you order? I ordered Falcon SP2 3.3s directly from Teraflex right around Christmas and just got them this week. That’s 6 weeks from when I ordered to when they showed up at my door.
That’s incredible. I wonder if it’s because you ordered with them directly? I ordered through a reseller. I’ve been calling them routinely every 3-4 weeks asking for an update and the last thing I heard was they were waiting on a shipment of aluminum. Based on your experience, I’m wondering if they may be leading me on. I ordered the SP2 3.1’s
Sponsored