Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
I currently have the falcon 3.3’s sp2’s with my 3.5” Metalcloak lift. I love the adjustability. I currently run in the soft mode and then anywhere from 2.4 to 2.5 on road. I hardly ever go 3. 1 is awesome off road. I’ve had fox 2.0’s and been in wranglers and JT’s with the fox 2.5’s and 3.0’s … I say you pay for what you get, imo. I look at the 2.0 resi fox as a good upgrade and heard awesome things with accutune, if I went this way I’d only have the adjuster resi’s. The falcons would be right there in ride but that’s very subjective. The 2.5’s are a step up from the falcon 3.3’s because your adjusting both low speed and high speed of the shock so you can specifically tune it to your vehicle without “someone else” trying to tune it for you at a shop. The 3.0’s have more heat dispatation and larger fluid volume and larger Rod. I have heard good and bad things about the Rancho 9000’s. Yes they have adjusters and they are very reasonably priced. But since they are a steel shock, they will retain heat in the fluid and lead to shock fade very quickly. Vs the other mfg’s are aluminum to dissipate more heat(less shock fade) Also since they are steel you have to coat them to prevent rusting.
I hope this helps
Sponsored

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
I currently have the falcon 3.3’s sp2’s with my 3.5” Metalcloak lift. I love the adjustability. I currently run in the soft mode and then anywhere from 2.4 to 2.5 on road. I hardly ever go 3. 1 is awesome off road. I’ve had fox 2.0’s and been in wranglers and JT’s with the fox 2.5’s and 3.0’s … I say you pay for what you get, imo. I look at the 2.0 resi fox as a good upgrade and heard awesome things with accutune, if I went this way I’d only have the adjuster resi’s. The falcons would be right there in ride but that’s very subjective. The 2.5’s are a step up from the falcon 3.3’s because your adjusting both low speed and high speed of the shock so you can specifically tune it to your vehicle without “someone else” trying to tune it for you at a shop. The 3.0’s have more heat dispatation and larger fluid volume and larger Rod. I have heard good and bad things about the Rancho 9000’s. Yes they have adjusters and they are very reasonably priced. But since they are a steel shock, they will retain heat in the fluid and lead to shock fade very quickly. Vs the other mfg’s are aluminum to dissipate more heat(less shock fade) Also since they are steel you have to coat them to prevent rusting.
I hope this helps
I knew when I got my Mojave that it was setup for running the desert at “high speeds “ just not much of that here in the Houston area, just crappy roads. Lol. I’m looking at going with the adjustable Fox 2.5 so I can stiffen it up a touch for daily driving and then loosen it up off road. I live live close to the gulf and we always have a good breeze here. I think stiffening the shocks up with help with the side sway I get driving cross wind also?

Shadowmaker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer
I'm gonna suggest another direction.

Get an AEV 2.5 RT Dualsport lift or other quality lift that couples with a matched shock set. For the money you get rid of that spongy Rubicon setup and are good to go. One and done.

How many people truly have "shock fade" that need adjustable shocks. Sure I want em. Sure they are sexy. All the kids have them. But I can think of better money to blow my $$$ on at the moment.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
I knew when I got my Mojave that it was setup for running the desert at “high speeds “ just not much of that here in the Houston area, just crappy roads. Lol. I’m looking at going with the adjustable Fox 2.5 so I can stiffen it up a touch for daily driving and then loosen it up off road. I live live close to the gulf and we always have a good breeze here. I think stiffening the shocks up with help with the side sway I get driving cross wind also?
Yes, the shocks will definitely help with side sway and nose dive too

I'm gonna suggest another direction.

Get an AEV 2.5 RT Dualsport lift or other quality lift that couples with a matched shock set. For the money you get rid of that spongy Rubicon setup and are good to go. One and done.

How many people truly have "shock fade" that need adjustable shocks. Sure I want em. Sure they are sexy. All the kids have them. But I can think of better money to blow my $$$ on at the moment.
I have had “shock fade” many times… around town not so much but I’ve had it on trail and for the driving “that I do” (I drive 600-700 miles to work). The roads are not smooth as glass and having resi’s with adjusters really helps

Jeep Gladiator Falcon or Fox? 439AEE82-D2BD-4E31-9217-BED01B946260

Shadowmaker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer

It is more than the shocks... those coils are part of the issue too.
Yes, the shocks will definitely help with side sway and nose dive too

I have had “shock fade” many times… around town not so much but I’ve had it on trail and for the driving “that I do” (I drive 600-700 miles to work). The roads are not smooth as glass and having resi’s with adjusters really helps

Jeep Gladiator Falcon or Fox? 439AEE82-D2BD-4E31-9217-BED01B946260
That is a long haul and seems worthy of your investment.
1 any more?

Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
It is more than the shocks... those coils are part of the issue too.

That is a long haul and seems worthy of your investment.
1 any more?
yes I do agree on the coils sir. :like:

OP
OP
Tim

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Figured I'd drop back in here with an update. I got the Falcon SP2 3.3s installed just in time for an 1,800 mile road trip. I played around with settings and ended up set at 2.6. Road vibrations and bounciness are gone. Body roll and brake dive has become almost nonexistent. The ride is controlled yet still comfortable. I didn't get to play off road as the weather kept the ORV Park we were planning on wheeling closed for the weekend but based on the performance and adjustability on-road I think these shocks will be great. Overall, I am impressed.

cmb396

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have both, Fox on our JTR with mopar lift, Falcon 3.2 on our JLUR with Synergy lift.
Fox is more plush for daily driving, too plush in fact imo.
I prefer the feel of the Falcon better. Stiffer at low speeds, softer than the Fox on the interstate.
Both perform about the same off road, but this is with slow WV trails.
The falcons make our JLUR feel much more stable driving around.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I hope this helps
plush ride is the only way to go so fox all day everyday!

2kXJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 XJ
Figured I'd drop back in here with an update. I got the Falcon SP2 3.3s installed just in time for an 1,800 mile road trip. I played around with settings and ended up set at 2.6. Road vibrations and bounciness are gone. Body roll and brake dive has become almost nonexistent. The ride is controlled yet still comfortable. I didn't get to play off road as the weather kept the ORV Park we were planning on wheeling closed for the weekend but based on the performance and adjustability on-road I think these shocks will be great. Overall, I am impressed.
sorry to resurrect an old thread but I’d like to know how the sp2’s have been for you, specifically on really rough surface streets?
I just picked up a 2020 overland with the mopar lift already installed. The ride is pretty stiff. When driving on a really rough city street yesterday the rear end felt like it was hopping side to side and out of control. I was only going about 25-30, accelerating to get up to speed after a turn.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tim

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
sorry to resurrect an old thread but I’d like to know how the sp2’s have been for you, specifically on really rough surface streets?
I just picked up a 2020 overland with the mopar lift already installed. The ride is pretty stiff. When driving on a really rough city street yesterday the rear end felt like it was hopping side to side and out of control. I was only going about 25-30, accelerating to get up to speed after a turn.
I can’t speak to the Mopar lift because my truck doesn’t have one, but my understanding is that Mopar lift springs are stiffer than stock springs. I also understand the shocks are valved pretty soft. What I think you are experiencing is shocks that aren’t stiff enough to control the springs.

I run my SP2’s pretty stiff, at setting 6 in the adjustable range of the shock, with stock Rubicon springs (I have a 2” AEV spacer lift). So that’s 3/4 of the way to full stiff on pretty soft springs. I am a believer that controlled suspension performs better than a soft suspension. So, rough streets are…well…rough. That said, my truck doesn’t bounce all around. I think a suspension that is too soft leads to that uncontrolled bouncing and hopping. Seems counterintuitive but I’m convinced it’s true.

I am still 100% percent happy with my purchase of the Falcon shocks. My truck still rides great and none of the issues I had prior to swapping out the Rubicon Fox shocks have returned. At some point I will swap the spacers with true lift springs, most likely from Clayton, but I don‘t expect to have to change the shocks.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Is anyone running the Falcon 3.1 on an Ecodiesel?

Kristian13

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Occupation
Lineman
I have a Clayton 3.5 lift. I bought some Mohave Fox 2.5 takeoffs and EVO shock extensions. I made a shock bolt sleeve with thin sheet metal for the shock bolt size difference. I don't have the extended length that the lift would allow but I'm not out at full flex with the wheeling I do so I'm not too worried about it. The ride is amazing with the Clayton springs. Best of both worlds.

couple months later now, Let me ask.. How do you like the ride? This is my plan.. How is the on road ride

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I have the Falcon SP2 3.3 on my JTR for about 40K miles now. Lots of off road and badge of honor trails at 13 psi or so. So far, I am very pleased. they have been bullet proof, and the change in every setting can be felt. I am running 37" tires with a 3.5" Clayton lift. I like setting 2.1 off-road (Rock crawling) and 2.6 setting on road, with the SP2 set to "cold/soft".

No sway on the road, and I am running the light duty Rock Jock sway bar in the rear. In addition, the rear shock for the Gladiator was the longest piggy back shock I could get for my lift at the time - 32.3" extended length. So, with these shocks, the rear will give you more articulation that most other shocks. This is much needed for the long Gladiator in the Rocks. Because of this great rear articulation, I am also running the Teraflex Spring clamps on my rear coil springs.

I would buy these Falcon shocks again.

Note: Extreme cold and Extreme hot weather will change the feel of the settings because the viscosity of the fluid changes. So, I dial it up one or two settings in the Summer and dial it down when it is very cold.

Note: I do not run much off-road high speed stuff, mostly mountains and rocks in 4WD low. We also have lots of desert here, and when I do get into 4WD High and 35 mph, I dial up the settings and do not bottom out the bump stops.

Jeep Gladiator Falcon or Fox? IEEci7
Jeep Gladiator Falcon or Fox? Falconshocklengths2
Sponsored

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: mog