John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator, '10 commander
Occupation
Steel
Vehicle Showcase
I'm temporarily at a house with no garage 6-12 months. Does anyone know of a free standing top removal/reinstall product or idea. I cannot remove it on my own and don't always have help available. Likewise for the reinstallation process.
Sponsored

Gladijave

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GC, 2021 JTR
I'm temporarily at a house with no garage 6-12 months. Does anyone know of a free standing top removal/reinstall product or idea. I cannot remove it on my own and don't always have help available. Likewise for the reinstallation process.
Iā€™m interested to hear the answers to this. We live pretty rural, long gravel road, and no garage. Iā€™d love to be able to get the top off and on myself, and cover it somehow when itā€™s in my driveway.

Sponsored

GCoop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave ( Ģ¶OĢ¶nĢ¶ Ģ¶oĢ¶rĢ¶dĢ¶eĢ¶rĢ¶)
I know not everyone lives out in the woods/rural areas like I do but for those of us that do maybe something like this could be an option. Heck even the right tree limb with a couple ratchet straps could work.

Jeep Gladiator Free standing top removal system 1623005936757

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have the option to purchase a soft top? If so, you could get someone to help And store it in a public storage unit. Or depending on where you live you could probably sell the hard top or trade it with cash to you.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
It's pretty light. I'm 5'4 148lbs and I can remove mine on my own. It weighs 80lbs or less, feels user to 60 to me though

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
It's pretty light. I'm 5'4 148lbs and I can remove mine on my own. It weighs 80lbs or less, feels user to 60 to me though
I took mine off without help for the first time the other day after following your tips on the other thread. It's not too bad at all. It can be done alone. Just open the window in the back and grab on.

OP
OP
Ankh

Ankh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator, '10 commander
Occupation
Steel
Vehicle Showcase
I took mine off without help for the first time the other day after following your tips on the other thread. It's not too bad at all. It can be done alone. Just open the window in the back and grab on.
Some of us may have physical/medical conditions that do not allow us to do it on our own. I dont like using excuses, but I can't do this task on my own.

Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Some of us may have physical/medical conditions that do not allow us to do it on our own. I dont like using excuses, but I can't do this task on my own.
Understood. I'm hoping you find a solution that works for you.

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales