MCATDT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Caveat about the Sunrider....

IF you have a one piece, sunshade that goes up and over the sound bar, then you can't run with a Sunrider for hardtop..
My one piece spiderwebshade works perfectly with my sunrider.

MCATDT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
@MCATDT

If your sunshade goes up and over the sound bar, how are you able to bolt down the backside of the Sunrider?

Do you have a pic of this sunshade installed with the SR.
Spiderwebshade makes a model specifically for use with freedom panels and sunrider with a cut out section to access either the freedom panel latches or allow you to secure the sunrider. Check it out on their website.

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
There is certainly a cultish following for the Sunrider, but that isn't what you wanted to know.

I remember seeing that post you're talking about but don't have the time right now to look for it. I will take a look tomorrow.

That being said, the storage bag is the perfect width to clip to the tie downs behind the rear window. There are loops in the corners of the bag. With a normal sized caribiner for $2 ea you can just clip it to the tie downs. I would avoid hitting any jumps with them in the bag but I don't see how they would get damaged outside of a wreck or having other stuff in the bed on top of them.

Now that I have a bedliner and tonneau cover I don't even clip them in. Just put them in the bag and close the tailgate.
Cultish following? Maybe so. It’s deserved, and good advice for someone in the NC mountains like myself.

Regardless of where you store the Freedom panels - you and your interior (and loved ones if with you) will be soaked before you can pull over - let alone get them out of the bed. Trust me - I know this from experience.

If you don’t live in the NC mountains it’s impossible to understand how it can go from sunshine to downpour in a matter of seconds. The mountains hide the incoming rain clouds so you can’t see them until they’re on top of you, and to make it worse - rain storms can instantly develop right over you from nothing. That’s why I sing the praises of the Bestop Sunrider. The first big drops and within a couple of seconds we’re closed up and dry. That’s priceless.

GrubbyBaja

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 6-speed
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I have a Smartliner bedliner which is a thick, fairly soft, rubber compound. I put my freedom tops in the case and just lay them down in the bed. The rubber bedliner coupled with the freedom top case provides enough friction to keep them from moving around.
Jeep Gladiator Freedom top storage in truck bed IMG_0203

Sponsored

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
The 2x4 solution is interesting, but seems to take up most of the bed. For a regular day out in the sun, throwing them in the back (in their case) seems to be working fine for most people.

But like the OP and some others, I would really love to see a more designed mounting type system. Perhaps some metal brackets that could mount to the trail rails, Molle panels, or a bed rack. I'm thinking something along the lines of the brackets that hold plastic tables on some of the overland rigs. Has anyone seen anything like this? There's a machine and welding shop in town that I might contact to see if they could whip up an easy solution.

@RebelOffRoad @JcrOffroad have you guys considered making a mount for the freedom panel case?

Jeep Gladiator Freedom top storage in truck bed 1616678248489

Last edited:

Jsmalls273

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Paramedic
I have a tonneau top on my bed, and keep the freedom panel back there at all times so I can store them. Girly protective, haven’t had any issues yet.

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
Cultish following? Maybe so. It’s deserved, and good advice for someone in the NC mountains like myself.

Regardless of where you store the Freedom panels - you and your interior (and loved ones if with you) will be soaked before you can pull over - let alone get them out of the bed. Trust me - I know this from experience.

If you don’t live in the NC mountains it’s impossible to understand how it can go from sunshine to downpour in a matter of seconds. The mountains hide the incoming rain clouds so you can’t see them until they’re on top of you, and to make it worse - rain storms can instantly develop right over you from nothing. That’s why I sing the praises of the Bestop Sunrider. The first big drops and within a couple of seconds we’re closed up and dry. That’s priceless.
When I Lived in Guam with my TJ-I Had the Top down All of the time and just learned to pull the plugs, get wet, dry off and smile at All the Locals laughing when they passed. Warmer than Carolina to be sure (spent alot of time at Camp Lejeune as a kid)

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up one of those recently after a member recommended...
Can't order online-Have to go to store in Eugene-2 Hrs sucks

TD3

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler Sahara two door
Occupation
College baseball coach/retired police officer
@Blue Ridge

Rather then spending $ on a holder for the Freedom Panels, I encourage you to consider a @Bestop Sunrider for hardtop, for use during the Summer.. Buy the Twill offering...

You'll be able to pen and close it in seconds. You can open and close without even getting out of the JT. No worries about someone stealing your Freedom Panels from the back of the JT or you or your lady damaging a panel when taking it off...putting on...

I know... $800+ but do know that in a few years when you say by bye to your JT, you will easily be able to sell the Bestop Sunrider , here on the forum, etc., for about half of what you paid for it.
Do you switch back and forth from the sunrider to the freedom panels for winter? If so how hard is it and do you ever have any leakage? Thanks

Sponsored

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara
Jeep Gladiator Freedom top storage in truck bed 1616678248489

I took a screenshot at the time, thought it was a clever idea. Page 657
I use a 2"x10" cut at 57" and then my organizer (amazon) behind that. My freedom tops really don't slide around in the bag.

Gladiator Bed Organization.jpg

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara
Spiderwebshade makes a model specifically for use with freedom panels and sunrider with a cut out section to access either the freedom panel latches or allow you to secure the sunrider. Check it out on their website.
I have the 2-piece shade (ShadeIdea from Amazon) - works great and i leave it on year round. It stretches out of the way to un-fasten the freedom top latches

Chieftodd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electronics Tech
@Blue Ridge

Rather then spending $ on a holder for the Freedom Panels, I encourage you to consider a @Bestop Sunrider for hardtop, for use during the Summer.. Buy the Twill offering...

You'll be able to pen and close it in seconds. You can open and close without even getting out of the JT. No worries about someone stealing your Freedom Panels from the back of the JT or you or your lady damaging a panel when taking it off...putting on...

I know... $800+ but do know that in a few years when you say by bye to your JT, you will easily be able to sell the Bestop Sunrider , here on the forum, etc., for about half of what you paid for it.
Just

saltydog955i

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mohave
Occupation
Transport
@Blue Ridge

bye in a few years...that's funny

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
True, I drove my last truck for 21 years and it was 4-5 years old when I got it. I plan on driving this one to the nursing home.
Sponsored