- Bilstein 5100 Rear shocks
- Terra-flex 3.5” coils with upgraded sway links
- Fox Racing Stabilizer
- RPM 2” aluminum steering kit
- Synergy adjustable Front track bar with relocation bracket
- Synergy Sector Shaft Brace
- Front Upper & Lower Terraflex Alpine adjustable control arms
- Metal cloak correction pads

I am having an issue with the my front springs they are bowing heavily forward (see photos) I just recently installed correction pads & got my truck aligned. My bump stops are now hitting my springs.

Any thoughts?

3241F1DC-C7E7-462E-87FE-93056E9DA446.jpeg

42E4808B-C549-4533-B59E-AD6D4BA11260.jpeg

848DF781-279C-4397-BA08-A8A7F2A79C31.jpeg

3295D3F8-D69C-4C89-A5F2-B5DC8510DB46.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Are you sure the springs are seated correctly? And is the axle properly centered under the truck? Something isn't aligned right.
they are seated correctly on the correction pad. Maybe they are not seated correctly on the adjustable bump stop. How would I be able to confirm?

I was told it is properly seated from the alignment shop

Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
You might want to give yourself some more caster and increase your pinion angle. In addition, you can use Rusty's off road products -
RUSTY'S JL/JT BOW CORRECTION LOWER COIL SPRING ISOLATORS
$45.00
Part Number: RC-9179

Here is a pic of me installing mine.

Jeep Gladiator Front Springs bowed!! 20E4T

Jeep Gladiator Front Springs bowed!! 0k6Xam

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLUR, S5
The alignment shop adjusted this yesterday.
Well it’s either that or increase the caster more. Do you know what the numbers are?
Some shops don’t know and try and set it back to factory settings but a lifted Jeep will not have the same factory alignment numbers

Last edited:

Sponsored

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
As others have noted, your axle is not centered properly. When you lift any vehicle, as the axle drops, it essentially tilts forward at the top and more backwards at the bottom. It's essentially traveling in an arc. This isn't a Jeep, but hopefully you get the idea:

Jeep Gladiator Front Springs bowed!! Screen Shot 2023-02-16 at 6.50.46 PM

With a 3.5" lift, the tilt of the axle is more pronounced. The way to correct this is to either shorten the upper CA's or extend the Lower CA's. To keep the axle properly centered with a 3.5" lift you may need a little of both. If you just extend the lowers, the arc will be lessened, but the wheel will sit farther forward in the wheel well. If you reduced the uppers, the wheel sits farther back

This is a rear wheel, but just to visualize what "not centered" looks like:

Jeep Gladiator Front Springs bowed!! 1676591734830

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Looks like the ACOS bump stops are adding at least 2" of spacer lift, have you tried putting the springs in without the ACOS and see if they still bow?

OP
OP
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I have not, they are currently about a 1/2” dropped from being completely bottomed out. Also as a side note. Before the alignment my bump stops were hitting the springs but my springs were not hitting the bump stops

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
As others have noted, your axle is not centered properly. When you lift any vehicle, as the axle drops, it essentially tilts forward at the top and more backwards at the bottom. It's essentially traveling in an arc. This isn't a Jeep, but hopefully you get the idea:

With a 3.5" lift, the tilt of the axle is more pronounced. The way to correct this is to either shorten the upper CA's or extend the Lower CA's. To keep the axle properly centered with a 3.5" lift you may need a little of both. If you just extend the lowers, the arc will be lessened, but the wheel will sit farther forward in the wheel well. If you reduced the uppers, the wheel sits farther back

My gut told me - caster was set using either just uppers or just lower and they didn't level the axle. It's tipped or - shifted so it's not directly under the top spring seat. It really looks like the axle is shifted, like you describe, and not right straight below the upper spring seat.

OP
OP
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon

Thank you for the detailed post. It was very easy to follow.

Another member just brought up my bump stops, they are about a 1/2” from being bottomed out (meaning they are currently adjusting the ride height by 1/2” lift). I left it with a 1/2 spacing due to the fact we had to cut the original bump stops off.
Sponsored