First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Private Security
My appointment for my alignment is tomorrow. I just got the adjustable LCA’s on took it for a ride around the block to make sure everything all was good. Still had the creaking and found my steering wheel to be off center. I got back under the jeep to adjust my drag link when I noticed one of the bolts on the sector shaft brace had moved from the paint mark from when it had been torqued on. I tightened the bolt and from what I can tell no more creaking noise.
Steve,

Has the creaking sound gone away completely? Also, which bolt in the brace was loose? Thanks in advance
Sponsored

SF_E60

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2010 BMW M5, 2023 Tesla M3
Occupation
Software Engineer
Installed a mopar lift with 1.5 teraflex level, yeti track bar,fox steering stabilizer and synergy sector shaft brace. Caster was definitely off pulls right and felt terrible going over bumps and a little bit of wobble. Put on a geometry correction bracket rides way better still pulls right slightly, but now I’m getting a creaking noise when turning steering wheel can’t quite pin point where it’s coming from definitely nothing rubbing. Taking it into the alignment shop today to see what they can do. Any ideas of what that could be?

B134BA16-7018-4A5D-801D-4074A747905A.jpeg
I also get a small creak when I turn my steering wheel but it only occurs when the vehicle is cold and I'm leaving out of my garage. When the vehicle is full warmed up I don't hear the creek anymore 🤷‍♂️ . I have the Mopar lift kit w/ the Tera Flex 1.5" performance leveling kit in the front. I've yet to pinpoint exactly where in the front the creak could be coming from.

The creak didn't start though until maybe 5-6 months after I installed the lift kit.

Last edited:

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
I have a creaking sound on my JKS lift. The shop replaced all the nuts with "all metal locking nuts". I am familiar with nylock nuts, but not some all metal locking nut. It stopped the creaking for a few days and then started again. Now they are talking about using red locktite to fix it. That is not an adequate fix in my opinion.
Sponsored