India-ThreeZeroThree

India-ThreeZeroThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport, 1995 YJ Cummins R2.8
Occupation
Retired slug. Drive RVs to Alaska
My 2017 Silverado was just as easy to adjust, the driver side had the same basic screw adjustment that’s instantly accessible. The passenger side was the same as the driver only due to me running a cold air intake. If it still had the factory air box you would have to take off the radiator cover held by a bunch of push pins and loosen up the air box and move it out of the way just to be able to get to the adjustment screw.

Pretty happy it’s the same for the Gladiator. Haven’t gotten flashed yet, but I would bet that you wouldn’t be able to beat the random 2003 Ford Focus with the aftermarket LEDs that will literally melt your retinas even though it’s a giant rust bucket and driving on a donut. 😂
Yeah, no kidding. I had a few Chev trucks to drive to alaska pulling trailers. I had to do all that at a Love's parking lot with minimal tools. And in the manual it says "see dealer" for headlight adjustments. So yeah, thanks a bunch for that Chevy. If they had LED lights you pretty much had to adjust those lights
Sponsored

Last edited:

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
The other issue is having HID in a reflector housing instead of projector. That scatters light way more then an LED (which usually illuminates for to 3 and 9 o'clock). If ur gonna upgrade to LED/HID from halogen, PLEASE put it in a projector unless they're strictly for off road or dark highways. And turn off high beams when someone starts approaching.

As for adjusting after a lift of ANY kind, please do as OP stated. But make sure to be 20'-30' from the wall. If u didn't have a reference point before hand, measure from ground to center dome cover or projector, and duplicate it on the wall minus 1"-2". I read this once before and have used it since, works well with minor fine tuning. And be on level ground.

gladnewb

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition Rubicon
Occupation
Still figuring that out, but IT for now!
I get the most grief when pulling in or out of a parking spot at night. Especially when people are still in their cars. The people usually get a direct shot of LED lights to the dome. They always turn in horror like a vampires being exposed to sunlight. I can't help this as yes the Jeep is lifted and I have LED's. All I can do is wave sorry and move on. If I remember I will usually turn down to daytime running lights, but that happens only 20% of the time. One evening I had a guy get so mad he actually started walking fast towards me screaming. Not knowing what he was going to do, he noticed I motioned my hands under the steering column grabbing something. That something was firmly in my lap point his direction. I slowly shook my head to signal, this would not be a wise move. He walked back to his car and drove off. While I do get being upset (his right), but getting out of your car and wanting to force what could have been an altercation was madness. Yes we should all be polite even with something so trivial, but no matter the actions we take to be polite there's always going to be those who say it's not enough. For those willing to create an altercation I say, "This would not be a wise move!"

Last edited:
OP
OP
India-ThreeZeroThree

India-ThreeZeroThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport, 1995 YJ Cummins R2.8
Occupation
Retired slug. Drive RVs to Alaska
If u didn't have a reference point before hand
Yep. That's exactly what I did here. Glad I remembered to do that before I threw on the spacers. The chinese fog lights, yeah, that's another story for later. LOL

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
I had JW Speakers in my JKU, and I was burning peoples retinas, I did adjust them down, and it was much better, That was in Virginia,
Here in Florida every now and then I would get flashed, and I'd just hit them nice and quick, I actually got flashed by a lifted GMC with LED's, he was quick to change to low beams, I don't get flashed a lot in the JT, I do notice people change lanes as I come up behind them, and NO lift yet,
Jw headlights and TS4000 spot lights up front…
I am pretty disappointed we ordered the factory LED’s, I should have just put the heated JW’s on the JT. The color temperature was better and they filled in the lower sides better.

6D45718A-160E-4FBB-9A92-3F9F9CEA30D2.jpeg

Sponsored

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
Jw headlights and TS4000 spot lights up front…
I am pretty disappointed we ordered the factory LED’s, I should have just put the heated JW’s on the JT. The color temperature was better and they filled in the lower sides better.

Totally agree, better light, better pattern, Factory Lights aren't that great!

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
The other issue is having HID in a reflector housing instead of projector. That scatters light way more then an LED (which usually illuminates for to 3 and 9 o'clock). If ur gonna upgrade to LED/HID from halogen, PLEASE put it in a projector unless they're strictly for off road or dark highways. And turn off high beams when someone starts approaching.

As for adjusting after a lift of ANY kind, please do as OP stated. But make sure to be 20'-30' from the wall. If u didn't have a reference point before hand, measure from ground to center dome cover or projector, and duplicate it on the wall minus 1"-2". I read this once before and have used it since, works well with minor fine tuning. And be on level ground.
That's my biggest gripe. People that put HID and LED in halogen housings. So much light scatter. There's no adjustment that will fix it.

I have astigmatism in both eyes. When these YaBro's with their LED's in halogen housings are coming towards me it pretty much blinds me.

At least the cops around my area have started ticketing for it. Much like the chodes that run a carolina squat on their trucks.

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
I had people flashing at me literally on the drive home from the dealer when I bought my JT. I put a lift on and did adjust them but I think sometimes people are just overly sensitive to modern headlights. I never flash at others, even when I'm sure their brights are on. I just look at the lines on the road and keep trucking. :like:

But yeah other than my completely off topic story I agree!
Same here when I upgraded to Oracle LEDs. I adjusted them to cut off at the same height as the factory halogens but I still get the occasional high beam flash from on coming drivers. LEDs head lights (not bulbs) are a lot brighter and whiter which on coming drivers perceive as mal adjusted headlights.

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
Same here when I upgraded to Oracle LEDs. I adjusted them to cut off at the same height as the factory halogens but I still get the occasional high beam flash from on coming drivers. LEDs head lights (not bulbs) are a lot brighter and whiter which on coming drivers perceive as mal adjusted headlights.
Yes, I admit this is me, guilty!

But its a real problem, I have super light blue eyes, all light irritates the Jesus out of them, reflective light gives me migraines, high powered strobes are painful, police cars with LED's downright painful!, and I live in Florida! I have many pairs of sunglasses all polarized lens all high dollar brands, and I'm always looking at more! I'm never outside without sunglasses, When I get a vehicle 1st thing done is window tint, good tint, not junk,

Had to go to the eye doctor, as a teenager, Dr. walked into the waiting room looked at me and said "tell me you wear sunglasses everyday of your life" yes I do!!!

So yes I my be a flasher, but its for a good reason, so many people drive around with there high beams on with LED's, but, I also live in Orlando, where a certain groups of people turn there headlight on at night and then go right to "high beams' SMH,

peterpilot379

First Name
Star
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Pirate
Pardon my ignorance in advance. 2021 Mojave owner with LEDs. I went from 33s to 35s. Do I need to re-aim my headlights? I do get flashed from time to time without my high beams on. Is there a dummy’s guide to doing this?

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
That's my biggest gripe. People that put HID and LED in halogen housings. So much light scatter. There's no adjustment that will fix it.

I have astigmatism in both eyes. When these YaBro's with their LED's in halogen housings are coming towards me it pretty much blinds me.

At least the cops around my area have started ticketing for it. Much like the chodes that run a carolina squat on their trucks.
The cops have the feds on their side because any modification to headlights is technically illegal, though rarely enforced, partially for the reasons you state.

Pardon my ignorance in advance. 2021 Mojave owner with LEDs. I went from 33s to 35s. Do I need to re-aim my headlights? I do get flashed from time to time without my high beams on. Is there a dummy’s guide to doing this?

https://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/a257/how-to-adjust-lights/

Sprinkler-Fitter

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Installed fire sprinklers (retired)
I had people flashing at me literally on the drive home from the dealer when I bought my JT. I put a lift on and did adjust them but I think sometimes people are just overly sensitive to modern headlights. I never flash at others, even when I'm sure their brights are on. I just look at the lines on the road and keep trucking. :like:

But yeah other than my completely off topic story I agree!
Why wouldn’t you flash someone knowing they have their high beams on? Maybe they don’t know they have them on.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Why wouldn’t you flash someone knowing they have their high beams on? Maybe they don’t know they have them on.
You might be doing them a favor. A quick flash can be a reminder to a driver who didn't realize or was otherwise perhaps distracted. That light on the dash isn't always obvious. A quick flash and most people will quickly respond. The others may just be jerks. (so easy to know them from another vehicle)

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Where I used to live in VA it is redneck country and every pick up is lifted and many run with aux lights which really annoyed me As it’s against the law. Particularly one particular dude who ran his cheap Chinese lights 24/7.

I ended up getting a Baja Design light bar for my F-350 because the lights in these truck really suck and I used the truck when Overlanding off-road. So here comes this dude in full daylight shining his lights in everyone’s faces so… I flick on the BD’s and he almost drives off the road! Never had a problem from him after that!

dajudge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, 2001Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Network/Server Admin
Someone mentioned the fog lights in an earlier comment. They aren't really fog lights. They are way too high. When you are in a car they are blinding, especially on a lifted Jeep. I have 2 Jeeps and a car, those "fog lights" are blinding to people in cars.
Sponsored