First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator willy
Occupation
Utility worker
Installed a mopar lift with 1.5 teraflex level, yeti track bar,fox steering stabilizer and synergy sector shaft brace. Caster was definitely off pulls right and felt terrible going over bumps and a little bit of wobble. Put on a geometry correction bracket rides way better still pulls right slightly, but now I’m getting a creaking noise when turning steering wheel can’t quite pin point where it’s coming from definitely nothing rubbing. Taking it into the alignment shop today to see what they can do. Any ideas of what that could be?

B134BA16-7018-4A5D-801D-4074A747905A.jpeg
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
My money says something with the Teraflex 1.5" Level lift stacked on the Mopar 2" lift. People generally do not stack coil spacer lifts on full coil suspension lifts.

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
My money says something with the Teraflex 1.5" Level lift stacked on the Mopar 2" lift. People generally do not stack coil spacer lifts on full coil suspension lifts.
Nice looking rig but I would agree with this. Not sure what could be creaking but with the Mopar lift and 1.5" spacers you probably put the front of your rig almost 5" in the air. That much is bound to put some stress on stuff.
I don't think the Mopar lift LCAs can compensate for that much lift so the caster being off is not surprising.
What did the alignment shop find?

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S “sold”, 2022 JTR
Occupation
Gov
Hootbro may be on to something. I have a daystar puck on the front along with the mopar lift as well and it creaks every time I accelerate. Like backing out the driveway, or just moving so the front suspension is flexed. Been doing it for a year now and Ive had every thing greased that can be. For me, it is what it is.

OP
OP

Steve D

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Utility worker
I didn’t start getting the creak until after I put the geo bracket on so I’m not entirely convinced that’s what it is I agree the control arm isn’t sufficient for the lift which is why I threw that bracket on I got to take it to a different alignment shop to see what they can do I got a printout from the shop I took it too but it was a bunch of young kids working and they weren’t wanting to actually work on a non stock car for whatever reason

B1B30256-5D1B-4307-B298-462F9D76EBAF.jpeg

Sponsored

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S “sold”, 2022 JTR
Occupation
Gov
I have geo brackets as well...interesting. I also had my suspension completely reinstalled by a reputable suspension shop due to a cluster from the local dealer install...I made a post a while ago about that CF. It would be cool if you end up finding the issue. Ill certainly be watching this thread.

OP
OP

Steve D

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Utility worker
Soonest appointment I could get is next Tuesday so hopefully I’ll have some answers in a week

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
The Mopar 2.5" lift upper and lower control arms barely make limits and now you added more lift??? You need adjustable CA's and get it back to the 5.0 range for castor. Even with the Mopar lift, my castor was out on the right(castor L5.1, R4.5). Added adjustable LCA's and got both 5.0. After that if it still pulls to the right its more than likely the tires. That happens after 33's!

TomH

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
IT
Did you install a longer track bar? Something adjustable? I did not see that in the write up.

OP
OP

Steve D

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Utility worker
I still only have the stock 32 inch tires been waiting on 35s that have been back ordered for the last month and a half I did order some adjustable LCA’s to help dial it in better. I’m more worried about the noise than the pull though. It sounds a bit like stepping slowly on a loose floor board kind of creak. Idk if something is straining or what. The only fitting for grease on the truck as far as I can tell is the sector shaft brace and that’s fully packed

Sponsored

OP
OP

Steve D

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Utility worker
Did you install a longer track bar? Something adjustable? I did not see that in the write up.
Yeah I have the steersmart yeti adjustable track bar on there

OP
OP

Steve D

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Utility worker
My appointment for my alignment is tomorrow. I just got the adjustable LCA’s on took it for a ride around the block to make sure everything all was good. Still had the creaking and found my steering wheel to be off center. I got back under the jeep to adjust my drag link when I noticed one of the bolts on the sector shaft brace had moved from the paint mark from when it had been torqued on. I tightened the bolt and from what I can tell no more creaking noise.

CallMeJoe

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Occupation
Retired
Not sure if this applies here, but my jtr has made a little noise when turning since I installed my Iron Rock 2" spacer lift. It's not very obvious and doesn't bother me at all. It only makes sense that if one stuffs a heavy spacer in between the spring and frame, it's going to rattle around occasionally. I'd be a lot more worried about "clunks". Loose control arm bolts....

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I have the very same "creak" in the front end after installing my lift. I've been over all the bolts 3x's and it's still there. I have all Clayton hardware, Evo springs, Falcon SS, and the Synergy brace. I also have a loud popping noise when I turn, which I've determined to be the drag link rubbing on the plastic "skid plate" under the bumper.

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
The Synergy brace is causing the creaking sound on mine. I just received my 2nd gen version of it that has a gasket to seal the sector shaft part if the brace. It can get sand/debris in the 1st gen version and causes that noise. I forgot his name on the forum but Tewl Talk has a very good YT video on the new version.
Sponsored