Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in Colorado Springs...nothing but hills everywhere. Hell there is almost a 1K elevation change in almost every direction from my place. I checked the average that I have been getting since I got it in November...I am at 21.5...and that is with remote starting anytime it's under 35 degrees.
We’re here in the springs too on 37’s, 2” Mopar lift, and getting 20 MPG. Coming back from Ouray, Co. a few weeks ago and managed a highway run, same setup and the picture don’t lie:
5D20257A-042D-4D53-9DA8-6A90D2A06E21.jpeg
7A875426-0E34-4B2A-BF03-40B4BC417670.jpeg
Sponsored

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
It will help but not a lot, check out this link.
http://tonneaucovers.org/increased-fuel-economy.htm
One time, my Daughter and I left a softball tourney to head home. She threw her bat bag in the back of my Ram 1500 and we hit the freeway. Soon after we got on the freeway, it started down pouring hard. My daughter kept looking back and saying her bag didn’t look wet. By the time we got home, the rain had stopped and her bag was bone dry. Tells me that a bed cover wouldn’t be of much assistance for fuel economy. The air distribution, at least on the Ram, was enough.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I have a Sport S, Max Tow with Rubicon LE wheels & 33” AT3 tires, Fox Rubicon shocks and front springs, Hard Top, Tonneau Cover. ODO @ 8k mi. - Avg 18mpg so far. Mix of freeway, country roads, Sandy jeep trails and hauling Dirtbikes around. Not too shabby.

JJL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Jeep Willy Pickup, 1983 Jeep Scrambler, 2015 Jeep Wrangler, 2016 Jeep Renegade
New Rubicon JT and was wondering about others mileage. Traded a JLU manual in for this and am getting about 4 miles less on the JT. Does having a tonneau cover help with mileage? Or is the JT Rubicon going to get about 14 per gallon?
My Rubicon is getting 14 MPG !!!! No joke. I purchased it last July, so I have a good amount of history. 14 MPG.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Sport S, Max Tow with Rubicon LE wheels & 33” AT3 tires, Fox Rubicon shocks and front springs, Hard Top, Tonneau Cover. ODO @ 8k mi. - Avg 18mpg so far. Mix of freeway, country roads, Sandy jeep trails and hauling Dirtbikes around. Not too shabby.
No cover and 35's on mine but I'm pretty close to your gas mileage as well. I see you got a Max tow as well. That's interesting to know. I also haven't been off road with mine yet.

Sponsored

Deleted member 28614

I have had two instances of something odd happening with my gas tank, Overland with 1200 miles and twice, I had a problem filling the tank. Yesterday, I was down at least 4 gallons, probably more like 5, and no matter what I did, couldn't get the tank to fill. Best I got was barely 2 gallons and that was squeezing it in. Then I started thinking that maybe I was reading the mileage wrong, but noticed that when I started it, the fuel gauge still showed room. I even shook the truck, in case it wasn't venting in the tank correctly but that did nothing. After I drove it about 130 miles, tried it again with no issue. Has anybody experienced an issue like this? This is my 5th jeep, 4 2 doors and this, never had an issue like this before.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I have had two instances of something odd happening with my gas tank, Overland with 1200 miles and twice, I had a problem filling the tank. Yesterday, I was down at least 4 gallons, probably more like 5, and no matter what I did, couldn't get the tank to fill. Best I got was barely 2 gallons and that was squeezing it in. Then I started thinking that maybe I was reading the mileage wrong, but noticed that when I started it, the fuel gauge still showed room. I even shook the truck, in case it wasn't venting in the tank correctly but that did nothing. After I drove it about 130 miles, tried it again with no issue. Has anybody experienced an issue like this? This is my 5th jeep, 4 2 doors and this, never had an issue like this before.
Not on my JT but on my JK I would was experiencing this issue and it ended up being a seal on the evape canister. A little small seal on the inside of the sensor that attaches to it. After I replaced that I didn't have any issues with again. A bad purge valve can cause it as well. You can replace both for under $30. I would wait and see if it happens on a regular basis.

BrichJeepUtopia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I've tracked a total of 5,319 miles and 31 fill-ups, i'm averaging 14.8 mpg. 60% city stop and go in the mostly flat Dallas, TX metro. Max Tow Sport S, mopar 2" lift, premium soft top, mopar soft tonneau (I always have it in use), 35" BFG KO2's, 17" black rhino overland wheels (matching spare) and about 160 lbs worth of front bumper and rock rails. best i've ever seen with it so far was 20.1 mpg going 70 on the highway with about a 25 mph tailwind pushing me home. In addition to the added weight of the bumper, rails, wheels/tires...I wonder if the soft top might actually be bringing it down a bit due to its higher profile vs. the more flat profile of the hard top. either way, its better than the 11 mpg I was getting with my '07 JKU!

JT_Ollie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LBB BMW M2, SG Jeep Gladiator
Man kudos to those getting decent mileage. Best I could get on highway was 17mpg. I think my city driving will be 15mpg.
37s, mopar lift, steel stubby bumper

Sponsored

ids318

First Name
Ira
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
14-15 in my JTR. The worst mileage is running above 70 MPH on the highway. Needs a taller 8th gear...

wooderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
14-15 in my JTR. The worst mileage is running above 70 MPH on the highway. Needs a taller 8th gear...
Is that stock? Cause that is what I get at 70mph. Would make me feel better If m not the only one.

Stock JTR AT tires

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Is that stock? Cause that is what I get at 70mph. Would make me feel better If m not the only one.

Stock JTR AT tires
I have still stock JTR w/MT tires and anything above 70mph...especially using cruise control puts me at 13-14

First vehicle ive had where I do better on MPG in town(~18-19) than on the highway(~13-14).

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
my rubicon with the tonneau cover is getting 16. Its a manual and about 2/3 driving is freeway so that has to be a big part of it. I think i have 9k miles on it so its broken in. Honestly i expected much better. i'm pretty disappointed with having to fill up 2x a week.

ChicagoJeeper

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Just did about 300 miles on the highway with the cruise set at ~75 the whole way, and got 16.4. Basically stock rubicon, hard top, and the only mod (so far) is a 12k winch added to the front. About 900 miles total on it now as well.
Sponsored