Sponsored

GATOR-19...The JT Pandemic

Glad_Sconnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
For starters, I've been a "Jeep Guy" for a long time...owning/daily driving a TJ, XJ, JK, to FINALLY, the JT. Ever since the start of JT discussions, to renderings, to prototypes, I've known I would eventually buy a Gladiator. Living in small town/big woods WI, I spend the vast majority of my time in the outdoors, so while my previous Jeeps have always been well enjoyed, I'd always hoped for a Jeep with a bed in the back.

After finally biting the bullet and placing an order in March, with the thought of the pandemic *should* produce better pricing with not as many people wanting to buy, I waited patiently until June for my truck to be built. Once the plant opened back up, my JT rolled off the line in early June, and then sat in Toledo for over 2 weeks...so I did some digging, and reaching out to a few people resulted in my Gator Sport S (max tow) being delivered to my dealer on the 24th.

I had it home at 6:00pm that evening, and almost completely ripped apart by 8:00pm...I've never been one to leave anything "stock", always needing to make it my own. Even though I am far from some of the crazy builds out there, this JT will suit my needs well - a lot of time hunting/fishing the backwoods/waters on old run down logging roads and farm fields, towing a small/utility tractor every now and then for food plots, and (hopefully) throwing multiple critters/harvests in the back each year. My opinion is make your Jeep your own, whatever fits your style/needs, and makes you happy, should be what you do (or don't do) to YOUR truck!

Pretty much everyone knows what a stock Gladiator looks like...so I'll just skip that step and get right to the fun pictures...Feel free to let me know what you think!

Jeep Gladiator GATOR-19...The JT Pandemic 20200624_203515

Jeep Gladiator GATOR-19...The JT Pandemic 20200630_063407

Jeep Gladiator GATOR-19...The JT Pandemic 20200630_063339

Jeep Gladiator GATOR-19...The JT Pandemic 20200630_063312

Jeep Gladiator GATOR-19...The JT Pandemic 20200630_063648

Jeep Gladiator GATOR-19...The JT Pandemic 20200630_061022
Sponsored

morejeepsthanicancount

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great bud. I've been thinking about getting a softtopper to haul around my Newfiepoodle as shes growing quick. Does the top have the ability to roll up the window between the cab and top where the sliding hard top window is? I would love for her to get to stick her head in there while riding in the back, or maybe even get a little AC pushed in there for her.

OP
OP
Glad_Sconnie

Glad_Sconnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great bud. I've been thinking about getting a softtopper to haul around my Newfiepoodle as shes growing quick. Does the top have the ability to roll up the window between the cab and top where the sliding hard top window is? I would love for her to get to stick her head in there while riding in the back, or maybe even get a little AC pushed in there for her.
While I haven't rolled up anything other than the back yet, all four "sides" have the ability to be rolled up and run the softopper like a bimini/safari top. So I think it could work well for you - I plan to let my dog ride back there after she gets into some of the thick swamps we have around here, as I know that will happen!

I like what you've done with your truck as well! :like:

morejeepsthanicancount

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Vehicle Showcase
While I haven't rolled up anything other than the back yet, all four "sides" have the ability to be rolled up and run the softopper like a bimini/safari top. So I think it could work well for you - I plan to let my dog ride back there after she gets into some of the thick swamps we have around here, as I know that will happen!

I like what you've done with your truck as well! :like:
Thanks!

Sponsored

Scteal

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Looking good! What lights do you have on the windshield pillars?

OP
OP
Glad_Sconnie

Glad_Sconnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Looking good! What lights do you have on the windshield pillars?
Thanks!

I went with the KC Slimlite LEDs...for now...I'm still trying to decide if I want a little smaller light up there, and then put a group/set of lights on the front bumper. Always thinking, always looking at other options!

OP
OP
Glad_Sconnie

Glad_Sconnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I guess it wouldn't hurt to throw out the mods (upgrades in my personal opinion) I've done, since this is a "build thread" afterall...

• 35x12.50 Nitto Exo Grappler tires
  • 17" Pro Comp Predator wheels - "custom" painted them Bronze when I had them on my JKU
  • Softopper - will be on/off a lot depending on mood and what I'm planning to haul around
  • Bushwacker Flat Flares
  • 1" Teraflex level up front - might add the other 1/2" spacer in now that I see it all together
  • Morimoto Super7 LED headlights - painted Gator and Black
  • Headlight Revolution Yellow V.4 LED fog lights
  • Oracle Lighting Sidetracks - part of the pre-order "deal" that cost more than buying them now
  • KC Hilites Slimlite LED pillar lights
  • LED rock pods for reverse lights
  • LED Bulb Conversion to stock tail lights - waiting for aftermarket options to come out
  • Stubby Antenna
  • Black Bedliner on pinch seam/rocker panels
  • Black Plastidip on hinges, door locks, and Trail Rated Badge
  • Bulletproof solutions phone/camera mount
  • CMM Ball/Ram Mount on passenger handle
  • JTopsUSA Tan sunshade...hopefully shipping soon...

I do have more plans for it, again, fairly reserved compared to a lot of builds on here...but it'll fit my needs (and my wife's suggested budget...for now), while I can still look at upgrades others have done and dream about how crazy of a direction to take mine in the future!

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Looks good, I like it! The fenders I like a lot. I'm tempted to do slim fenders on my gator as well but I have the painted fenders so I'm torn a little from taking them off.......

Sponsored

OP
OP
Glad_Sconnie

Glad_Sconnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good, I like it! The fenders I like a lot. I'm tempted to do slim fenders on my gator as well but I have the painted fenders so I'm torn a little from taking them off.......
Thanks! I am a big fan of Gator, and while I do like the full painted trucks (tops and flares), I decided I wanted to go with more of the black and gator since I was going to run with the softopper (and because I didn't step up to the Rubicon)...that's the great part about Jeeps/JTs, so many options/styles to make them personal and looking good!

OP
OP
Glad_Sconnie

Glad_Sconnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Figured I might as well add a couple new pics after some additions...

Jeep Gladiator GATOR-19...The JT Pandemic 20200715_072144

Jeep Gladiator GATOR-19...The JT Pandemic 20200720_113114

Jeep Gladiator GATOR-19...The JT Pandemic 20200724_073858

And I'm working thru an issue with the high beam on the Morimoto Super 7 LEDs from Headlight Revolution...they're sending me a replacement projector to install for resolution.
Jeep Gladiator GATOR-19...The JT Pandemic 20200714_062946

OP
OP
Glad_Sconnie

Glad_Sconnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't posted any pictures in quite a while...and have done a few upgrades along with a trip from WI to ID, and back.

• Added KC Hilites Flex Era 3 lights, and moved the Slimlite LEDs to the bumper with the Flex 3s.
  • Resolved the high beam issue with Headlight Revolution (they were good to work with, just waited a while for the replacement LED system to arrive).
  • Added the Bushwhacker Bug/Rock Guard to the nose.
  • Increased the perimeter/underbody lighting for backcountry needs/uses.
  • 20% tint on driver and passenger windows.
Jeep Gladiator GATOR-19...The JT Pandemic 20201003_182103

Jeep Gladiator GATOR-19...The JT Pandemic 20201003_183855

Jeep Gladiator GATOR-19...The JT Pandemic 20200925_205259

Jeep Gladiator GATOR-19...The JT Pandemic 20200925_205028

Moonridge

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't posted any pictures in quite a while...and have done a few upgrades along with a trip from WI to ID, and back.

• Added KC Hilites Flex Era 3 lights, and moved the Slimlite LEDs to the bumper with the Flex 3s.
  • Resolved the high beam issue with Headlight Revolution (they were good to work with, just waited a while for the replacement LED system to arrive).
  • Added the Bushwhacker Bug/Rock Guard to the nose.
  • Increased the perimeter/underbody lighting for backcountry needs/uses.
  • 20% tint on driver and passenger windows.

Did the new projector fix the high beams on the Super 7's? I am currently having problems with mine being very dim and flickering.
Sponsored