OP
Glad_Sconnie

Glad_Sconnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Did the new projector fix the high beams on the Super 7's? I am currently having problems with mine being very dim and flickering.
The new projector did fix my issue with the Super7s. One of the actuators was sticking so it wasn't switching from low to high...swapped it out and haven't had a problem since. I can't comment on issues with being dim or flickering, as I haven't had any problems such as that...hopefully you can get that resolved!

I also definitely cannot say/claim these are the best lights on the market, as I haven't tried all options...but after getting the actuator issue cleared up, these are much better lights than the JW Speaker Evo J lights I had on my JK - from beam pattern, output, etc. - not to mention comparison to the stock halogen lights on the JT or my old JK.
Sponsored

Moonridge

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass
Vehicle Showcase
The new projector did fix my issue with the Super7s. One of the actuators was sticking so it wasn't switching from low to high...swapped it out and haven't had a problem since. I can't comment on issues with being dim or flickering, as I haven't had any problems such as that...hopefully you can get that resolved!

I also definitely cannot say/claim these are the best lights on the market, as I haven't tried all options...but after getting the actuator issue cleared up, these are much better lights than the JW Speaker Evo J lights I had on my JK - from beam pattern, output, etc. - not to mention comparison to the stock halogen lights on the JT or my old JK.
I am loving these lights so far, they are super bright and don't have any weird missing spots in the beam pattern. I like how they stretch out to the sides of the road and that I really don't need fog lights because they cover so much ground. They are better than the stock LEDs in my opinion just because of how much light area they cover. Now I just need the high beams to match.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Haven't posted any pictures in quite a while...and have done a few upgrades along with a trip from WI to ID, and back.

• Added KC Hilites Flex Era 3 lights, and moved the Slimlite LEDs to the bumper with the Flex 3s.
  • Resolved the high beam issue with Headlight Revolution (they were good to work with, just waited a while for the replacement LED system to arrive).
  • Added the Bushwhacker Bug/Rock Guard to the nose.
  • Increased the perimeter/underbody lighting for backcountry needs/uses.
  • 20% tint on driver and passenger windows.
20201003_182103.jpg

20201003_183855.jpg

20200925_205259.jpg

20200925_205028.jpg
How do you like the KC Hilite Flex Era 3 lights? I have a set of 6-inch PRO6 Gravity LEDs on my bumper that are driving lights. I would like to add a set of pillar lights and am deciding between using the PRO6 or the Flex Era 3's.

The Build looks great!

OP
OP
Glad_Sconnie

Glad_Sconnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
How do you like the KC Hilite Flex Era 3 lights? I have a set of 6-inch PRO6 Gravity LEDs on my bumper that are driving lights. I would like to add a set of pillar lights and am deciding between using the PRO6 or the Flex Era 3's.

The Build looks great!
Thanks!

The Flex Era 3s are nice little lights...for the size of them, they put out a decent beam/pattern (I am running them as spots). I had not had the opportunity to see them in person prior to ordering - but I feel the advantage is they are more unique in their size/orientation/look (a little something different).

The Slimlite LEDs provide a lot more light for my set-up as compared to the Flex Era 3s (both distance and perimeter)...

I have the Slimlites relayed with the high beams (so the highs need to be on in order for them to be turned on as well). And I have the Slimlites angled considerably outward to help light up the roadsides/ditches better for wildlife. The Flex Eras are on their own switch and aimed directly forward...if I have the Flex Eras turned on with just my LED headlights (either high/lows - but without Slimlites on) they are definitely noticeable. If I have the high beams on and the Slimlites, when I turn the Flex Eras on, they are barely noticeable if on a straight road due to the amount of light/throw from the Slimlites.

I don't have any experience with the Pro6s, but I would assume they are more along the lines of the Slimlites as far as throw/output...Just an FYI

SquirrelNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
How are those Super7's holding up now that it's been a couple years? I'm looking at some right now, but a little worried about some of the issues I've heard and how they will stand up to a Minnesota winters...

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
How are those Super7's holding up now that it's been a couple years? I'm looking at some right now, but a little worried about some of the issues I've heard and how they will stand up to a Minnesota winters...
I wanna bump this, anyone with super 7 have issues with snow buildup and reliability?
Sponsored