First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
not trying to start controversy, but wondering if the badges stick with the owner, or stick with the jeep? I can see people saying either.

Edit: i see you discussed this already. fair enough, I need to go start earning some badges!
Had a debate on facebook about it awhile ago. Both sides have merits, but The stay with the driver won out. It would be like running a marathon or tuff mudder, but never wearing a commemorative t-shirt unless you are wearing the same shoes you competed in. Either way, those are all easy trails, done this past year. i'll do them again at some point, and I'm sure the JT won't struggle.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Had a debate on facebook about it awhile ago. Both sides have merits, but The stay with the driver won out. It would be like running a marathon or tuff mudder, but never wearing a commemorative t-shirt unless you are wearing the same shoes you competed in. Either way, those are all easy trails, done this past year. i'll do them again at some point, and I'm sure the JT won't struggle.
i like the marathon and shoes analogy. i'll remember that.

SoonerDPT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon (sting-gray), 2013 Kawasaki KLR
Easy? I've done the alpine loop (Engineer and Cinnamon) and Imogene, but haven't done Black Bear. Those were pretty easy, but I'm a little scared of Black Bear. Do I have myself all psyched out for nothing?

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Easy? I've done the alpine loop (Engineer and Cinnamon) and Imogene, but haven't done Black Bear. Those were pretty easy, but I'm a little scared of Black Bear. Do I have myself all psyched out for nothing?
It's nice to have a spotter, definitely improves comfort level, (especially down the Steps) and 1 notorious switchback. But go slow and don't have an irrational fear of heights and you'll be fine.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
I would think the driver and vehicle are a mutual pairing that earned the badge.

Sponsored

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 50 Willys, 76 CJ
Build Thread
Link
not trying to start controversy, but wondering if the badges stick with the owner, or stick with the jeep? I can see people saying either.

Edit: i see you discussed this already. fair enough, I need to go start earning some badges!
Ultimately the vehicle is just a tool used by the owner to complete a task. If I build an epic tree fort for my kid I get the "best dad ever" title not the hammer :)

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Ultimately the vehicle is just a tool used by the owner to complete a task. If I build an epic tree fort for my kid I get the "best dad ever" title not the hammer :)
Lucky you, I built an epic 3 slide, 2 level playset with 6" wood chip bed, 6x6 sandbox, I get a "best dad for a week" award and they'd rather play with the hose. :facepalm:

But I do like your analogy. :movember:

tallentn

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
I do like the tool analogy; I almost think it would be fair to stick a badge on each rig. If you're military and qualify for a certain badge (airborne, combat, length of service, etc.) it goes on each uniform you wear. That's my two cents...

max toe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito, 1998 audi
then dude buys a suzuki samurai ,,,, they will look great on the suzuki

011Crmn

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Gator
I do like the tool analogy; I almost think it would be fair to stick a badge on each rig. If you're military and qualify for a certain badge (airborne, combat, length of service, etc.) it goes on each uniform you wear. That's my two cents...
That just sounds like a whole can of worms for the stolen valor douch bags to exploit

Sponsored

tallentn

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
then dude buys a suzuki samurai ,,,, they will look great on the suzuki
You know, that's actually what the family minivan has been lacking this whole time. Trail badges. Good call ;)

Seriously though, I don't remember badges being a thing when I used to off road. I've never seen them on a rig in person; never "earned" one myself. I just assumed they're bling for the Jeep, a conversation starter. Now, if Jeep is going to send them to me if I tell them I finished a certain trail that's pretty cool - I'll happily stick it on my Jeep. Unless my kids stick it on the fridge first!

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
That just sounds like a whole can of worms for the stolen valor douch bags to exploit
I agree, stolen jeep valor. lol

I'm gonna have to say the badges stay with the jeep while in that owners possession. If the owner sells the jeep, remove the badges and put them in your garage or mancave and not on your next jeep. Take your new jeep on all of those trails and get the badges again.

Example: Old jeep has 20 badges of honor from all over the country. Owner decides to put them on their new gladiator with less than 100 miles on it and then go to a jeep meet up... looks pretty suspect.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Agreed. The Jeep and the driver did it together. Or maybe add a decal of the JK with them, or whatever . . . I'd be proud of them, too!

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looks like I struck a nerve, lol.

While I get the tool analogy, i think i'm going to do what @jeepguy225 suggested. Whatever badges Gladys and I earn will be our memory. If i get a new Jeep, we'll create our own memories.

To each his/her/their own? lol...........I'm just fricken happy that Gator is out and I can't wait to see my first one in the wild!

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Meh I like stickers. Already have too many.
Anywy just got my coopers installed. I'm planning on AmericanAdventureLabs high line fenders to help them clear on the trail until my Metalcloak lift comes in. Also added the hothead headliners.

20191206_160419.jpg

20191206_160430.jpg

20191206_160440.jpg
Sponsored