Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Thanks mate.
That's kinda how I expected it too. Would be a little dangerous to cover that with Aluminum. I suppose it could be done, but the scribing required to make it thin enough to bend out of the way, without smacking the passenger in the face, would probably be a headache.

I might expirement with something when I get my grubby hands on my jeep.
Yeah I cringe when I see posters on here with stickers all over those panels. I don't know what would happen when the airbag deploys, but I imagine it would be less than ideal.

Here's my unsolicited horror story: My generation of truck came with infamously brittle top dash panels that would literally shatter into bits after getting cooked by the sun for a few years. I kinda just let it go until I realized that some of those plastic shards had fallen into / around the passenger side airbag. Can you imagine getting into a fender bender and having a bunch of jagged plastic rammed in to your face? oooof. I ended up taking apart the entire dash to get rid of the debris and replace the plastic.

Staphylococcus0

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Diesel Gecko Gladiator, aka Ostentatious.
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Machinist
How hard would it be to just change out dash panels?
Well there's a thread or two around about repainting the dash. It's actually quite a job to remove these panels from the look of it.

Here's a YouTube video on it:

Sponsored

Kez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JL Sport
Wife and I ordered a Gladiator from Gupton today; our JL will have a new garage buddy soon! Well, hopefully soonish... we shall see how quickly this goes.

Willys sport; 6-speed
Aux switch group
Trailer tow package
Spray-in bedliner
Oh, and Limited Edition Gecko Clear Coat, of course :D

Godzilla

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I wonder why Jeep will not add the Gecko color to the Build and Price feature for Gladiator? I just want to get a rendering of what one will look like. They have it for the Wrangler, is it too much to ask to add it to the Gladiator?

OP
OP
TheSolarWizard

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Did you look at the first page of this thread?

Godzilla

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Did you look at the first page of this thread?
Yes, the first one almost looks like half the vehicle is a mirror green wrap, and the second one is the guy who did the acid green wrap. I still haven't seen a legit Gecko Gladiator.

OP
OP
TheSolarWizard

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Yes, the first one almost looks like half the vehicle is a mirror green wrap, and the second one is the guy who did the acid green wrap. I still haven't seen a legit Gecko Gladiator.
the renderings rarely match the jeeps

Sponsored

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
Far as I know nobody has seen one. The JLs that people are starting to get in are as close as you are going to get right now. Check out the gecko thread in the Wrangler forum.

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
im starting to wonder if Gecko for the gladiator is going to the be the same color. Did anyone see the post Jeep had on instagram of the gecko and gladiator? Was a totally different green.

Godzilla

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
im starting to wonder if Gecko for the gladiator is going to the be the same color. Did anyone see the post Jeep had on instagram of the gecko and gladiator? Was a totally different green.
Yeah, I don't know where they got that color. Maybe a bad photoshop or something. But it's the same paint code, so it should be the exact same that's on the Wrangler. I'm just wondering if anyone that has ordered a Gecko Gladiator has even started the build process yet.

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
Really bad photoshop. Australia let's you build with the Gecko color. It looks Gecko. There's no reason for them to have two different colors with the same code and name between the JL and JT.

https://www.jeep.com.au/gladiator.html

EDIT: Apparently it's only available on the Night Eagle trim down there. Photo of Not a Gladiator.
Jeep Gladiator GECKO GREEN Gladiator Club FB_IMG_1628471235372

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
man, im torn on this color. Green is my fave. I really like this and want a mojito. I honestly dont want to go up in what I owe and get rid of my Gobi....BUUUTTTT its sooo tempting. I also have a nag on seeing what 22my has in store. GRRRRRR
Sponsored