Sponsored

General question for fairly new member -- does anyone make aftermarket lockers?

Paul DuPre

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Roadside assistance driver
Getting ready to take possession of my brand new '21 jeep gladiator sport s in about a week. As you can imagine I am pretty excited about getting it & doing some mods to it. One thing I had the dealer do to it is I added the " Max Tow Package " when I ordered it. My question is does anyone make aftermarket lockers for it yet if not equipped.
Sponsored

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Getting ready to take possession of my brand new '21 jeep gladiator sport s in about a week. As you can imagine I am pretty excited about getting it & doing some mods to it. One thing I had the dealer do to it is I added the " Max Tow Package " when I ordered it. My question is does anyone make aftermarket lockers for it yet if not equipped.
Interested as well
Watching.

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
The rear axle will have a trac-lok(limited slip) since you ordered a max tow package. As for the front there is an ARB locker that will fit it. There is a thread on here where someone explained what is required with the max tow on doing the front.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Paul DuPre

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Roadside assistance driver
The rear axle will have a trac-lok(limited slip) since you ordered a max tow package. As for the front there is an ARB locker that will fit it. There is a thread on here where someone explained what is required with the max tow on doing the front.
Thank you

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Your local transmission shop could install a locker.

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
The ARB Air Lockers are the top end of aftermarket lockers and are what many people swap to when they are replacing a broken or worn out factory locker.

They are very simple in design and use air pressure to lock in. They are also very strong and, if you keep the gear oil clean, have a long service life.

All JT Sports would use the RD245 front and rear: https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/lockers/rd245-arb-rear-air-locker-m220-32-spline

It is also a great time to upgrade to the larger 35 spline axle shafts, especially if you are upgrading to larger tires and going to spend time off-road. Unfortunately there are not many companies offering replacement 35 spline shaft yet.

35 spline RD246: https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/lockers/rd246-arb-front-rear-air-locker-m220-m210-35-spline
Sponsored