Sponsored

Gladiator at Vancouver BC car show

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE GCM
Hey Gobistick thanks for your reply. Did you happen to see the rear bumper side steps on this truck? They were supposed to be on this truck as per the equipment sheet. Love to know. And no surprise about the missing hard tonneau cover. For some very strange reason Jeep does not ever show that cover anywhere.
I’d say they don’t show it, because they think everyone wants to see the bed, and it’s something else they have to be responsible for. At least inAtlanta. They weee very protective of the truck. They only allowed people inside on a very limited basis.
Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
They could still have it folded all the way forward and people would still be able to see the bed. Heck they show this truck at shows all the time with the soft, roll up cover. Very strange to me why they hide this thing from the public. Same thing with the rear, side bumper steps. Why do they post signs at shows saying that the displayed trucks have the hard tonneau covers in them and the rear side bumper steps on them and they are not in fact on the trucks shown? Someone at a show should grab a Jeep rep, point this out to them that the sign says that they are on them and ask them where’s the cover and where’s the side bumper steps? I would love to know what the Jeep rep has to say about these missing items that they advertise that they are there that are clearly missing. Where’s the beef????

And still nothing at all is shown on the Mopar site.

pilotpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7 & 2020 Bright White Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator :)
I know, but the picture that the comment was referencing was a hardtop. Many have said the hardtop rear is removable and I don't think that is true.

I don't think it rolls since it no longer uses zippers and they are replaced by ridge plastic strips. If it did roll why not leave it hanging in place rolled up across the top like my YJ? You could even fold top all the way down with the rear window still attached and rolled up.

like this:
207921-add2-lg.jpg
I spent a whole week in a JK and I could've done this to the rear window rather than keep taking it on and off all the time! Ugh! Im such a noob.

pilotpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7 & 2020 Bright White Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator :)
Does the Canadian JT come with a case of maple syrup? Mopar branded of course.
Every time I read one of your posts I laugh out loud and my wife asks "What's so funny?" I say "nothing dear" and then she says "Oh you are reading the Forums Thingy again....."

You can't make this stuff up....

Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
They could still have it folded all the way forward and people would still be able to see the bed. Heck they show this truck at shows all the time with the soft, roll up cover. Very strange to me why they hide this thing from the public. Same thing with the rear, side bumper steps. Why do they post signs at shows saying that the displayed trucks have the hard tonneau covers in them and the rear side bumper steps on them and they are not in fact on the trucks shown? Someone at a show should grab a Jeep rep, point this out to them that the sign says that they are on them and ask them where’s the cover and where’s the side bumper steps? I would love to know what the Jeep rep has to say about these missing items that they advertise that they are there that are clearly missing. Where’s the beef????

And still nothing at all is shown on the Mopar site.

Let help out with what I think is a pretty obvious alternative to all of these rants. I know you are really excited to see the hard tonneau cover. If I were getting a cover I would go with the hard cover over the soft cover as well so I see why. Now so many post wondering where it is. I might suggest that there was delay with the supplier. Won't that be a bit more straight forward then Jeep is worried about it being lost/stolen/damaged at the auto show? Think about they can keep track of 60k trucks and let the public crawl all over them you really think they are worried about a $800 (guess) cover? "Oh they want people to see the bed, yeah but what about the soft cover?" Stop with the conspiracies, I bet dollars to donuts the thing just isn't' ready yet. Don't worry however, these are not like building a nuclear reactor, there will be options for your hard tonneau cover soon enough. There will be a mopar option, just like there is for dodge trucks and there will be plenty of aftermarket options just like there are for every other pickup on the road.

Also just so you can sleep at night I will personally promise you that the trail rail package will not be a requirement to install a cover. How do I know this? I don't, but again tonneau covers, both hard and soft have been around for decades, name one that requires a factor option be chosen to install an aftermarket cover.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
No rants homerun, just curious to see what they look like and just asking folks to take a picture of them if they see them.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
No rants homerun, just curious to see what they look like and just asking folks to take a picture of them if they see them.
Got it, the real questions is why the delay and how long do they anticipate before it will be resolved. Those are harder to answer.

Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
2F5A8779-978B-4D9E-9EE1-6EBD578C0D43.jpeg
Hey Jeepers please see my post from yesterday about this, attached picture. I was able to connect the dots. If this truck really did have a hard trifold tonneau cover as the specification sheet said it did (may have been stored somewhere other then on display) and since this one did not have a trail rail system on it then logic tells me that the trail rail system is not needed after all for that hard tonneau cover.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I highly doubt it, looks like a normal Gladiator rear bumper.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Every time I read one of your posts I laugh out loud and my wife asks "What's so funny?" I say "nothing dear" and then she says "Oh you are reading the Forums Thingy again....."

You can't make this stuff up....
Funny, my wife and I have the same dynamic. I'll laugh, and she'll say "what's funny on that forum now?". I usually say, "nothing, you had to read the whole thread" She was really thrilled when I showed her the remote controlled lego YouTube videos of wranglers rock crawling.

She thinks I have a problem...... I married captain obvious.

Sponsored