First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
no, keep the rails of the bed same height so the rear window is same height, just raise the bed level 4 inches. Then the bed wall will be 17" tall with a 3" cubby for plywood underneath it.

I should call "decked", they can make a full width one drawer slide pull out thingy for all the plywood people will be hauling. 3" of plywood is plenty for 90% of Gladiator buyers....PER TRIP.
Wrong ! The BED "DEPTH"/BED RAIL HEIGHT IS 17 1/2" -- as is specked Currently prior to any "STEFFing" around with it ! SO, minus 4 inches would be a Catastrophe (13 1/2") . You know this RIGHT ?
Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
BD22E004-1515-410C-9CFA-55F0B3A6F7E4.jpeg
F5521CA5-195F-493E-8708-60226872A350.jpeg
Look what I found on this Jeep. https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=1C6HJTFG1LL100303

It has s KPH speedo. It’s Canadian, eh?
Well this seems like the Wendy’s commercial all over again. We all know that the little old lady is asking: Where’s the beef?

And I am again asking where’s the Mopar hard trifold tonneau cover and where’s the Mopar rear side steps? It clearly shows that this truck has both and they are both clearly not on the truck.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
no, keep the rails of the bed same height so the rear window is same height, just raise the bed level 4 inches. Then the bed wall will be 17" tall with a 3" cubby for plywood underneath it.

I should call "decked", they can make a full width one drawer slide pull out thingy for all the plywood people will be hauling. 3" of plywood is plenty for 90% of Gladiator buyers....PER TRIP.
Wrong again - unless your joking. You kidding ? DECKED design eliminates too much side space, never work unless you cut the ply's in half & make them 2x8's !

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
A3854059-B1B4-4880-A899-D47948473117.jpeg
It does slide out. And I know that it is zipperless. Here’s a picture of a rag top version with the top off, with the rear plastic window removed but with the rear 2 side sections still on the truck. And FYI I have never seen a picture of the rear window of a Gladiator rolled up like JTRUBI mentions.
This would be way cool with HALF DOORS !

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This one confuses me. This is the soft top with the top still on, but... !? why is this different from @Jake 's picture? So in that picture above they removed the top and the glass, but left the side sections? Huh? Maybe it has to do with the doors not having been removed in that picture, but they were in this one?

2019-03-23_16-31-01.png

This too, with HALF DOORS !

Sponsored

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE GCM
BD22E004-1515-410C-9CFA-55F0B3A6F7E4.jpeg
F5521CA5-195F-493E-8708-60226872A350.jpeg

Well this seems like the Wendy’s commercial all over again. We all know that the little old lady is asking: Where’s the beef?

And I am again asking where’s the Mopar hard trifold tonneau cover and where’s the Mopar rear side steps? It clearly shows that this truck has both and they are both clearly not on the truck.
I’d venture to say, the tonneaucover is off camera, safe in the back somewhere, as for the step bumper, is there a clear photo of the entire rear bumper with the tail gate up?

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
964C0DB7-2650-44C9-B406-A8DB185DA3A4.jpeg
Hey Gobistick FYI Jeepzthingz asks a great question. I just again clicked on the link that Jeepzthingz posted and checked the listings for the equipment that the silver truck you posted pictures of and it does not show that the trail rail system was included. That is something I commented on earlier, that this is the first time I had seen a Gladiator without the trail rail system in the bed. And the equipment listing shows that it’s supposed to have the hard trifold tonneau cover on it. If it really was somewhere away from the truck and was just not on the truck then this means that you don’t have to get the trail rail system in order to mount the hard trifold tonneau cover. That’s great news and a big mystery now solved. Did you see that hard tonneau cover put away somewhere close by? If yes then did you get a picture of it by chance? Love to see that.

And finally do you have any other pictures of the rear bumper other than this one? This truck is supposed to have the rear bumper side steps. That’s what’s shown on the equipment listing from the link Jeepzthingz sent us. So please post any additional pictures of the rear bumper if you have them. Thanks much.

And Jeepzthingz thanks for your great suggestions. Much appreciated.

Last edited:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrong ! The BED "DEPTH"/BED RAIL HEIGHT IS 17 1/2" -- as is specked Currently prior to any "STEFFing" around with it ! SO, minus 4 inches would be a Catastrophe (13 1/2") . You know this RIGHT ?
No i was talking about the ram 1500 you were talking about that was 21" bed depth......lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gobistick

Gobistick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landrover 110 and Gladiator Sport S
OP
OP
Gobistick

Gobistick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landrover 110 and Gladiator Sport S
964C0DB7-2650-44C9-B406-A8DB185DA3A4.jpeg
Hey Gobistick FYI Jeepzthingz asks a great question. I just again clicked on the link that Jeepzthingz posted and checked the listings for the equipment that the silver truck you posted pictures of and it does not show that the trail rail system was included. That is something I commented on earlier, that this is the first time I had seen a Gladiator without the trail rail system in the bed. And the equipment listing shows that it’s supposed to have the hard trifold tonneau cover on it. If it really was somewhere away from the truck and was just not on the truck then this means that you don’t have to get the trail rail system in order to mount the hard trifold tonneau cover. That’s great news and a big mystery now solved. Did you see that hard tonneau cover put away somewhere close by? If yes then did you get a picture of it by chance? Love to see that.

And finally do you have any other pictures of the rear bumper other than this one? This truck is supposed to have the rear bumper side steps. That’s what’s shown on the equipment listing from the link Jeepzthingz sent us. So please post any additional pictures of the rear bumper if you have them. Thanks much.

And Jeepzthingz thanks for your great suggestions. Much appreciated.
Sorry guys those are the only photos I took. I can say that there was definitely no tonneau cover stashed anywhere on or in the truck. Wish I'd taken more pictures.

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
So the gray Gladiator speedo is in KPH, very interesting, so we could say it’s the metric version of the Gladiator......How big is a sheet on plywood when it based on the metric system?
mmm... a sheet of plywood is still the same size. haha, I know what you meant.

Hopefully using metric plywood will be a workaround for the plywood notch.

Capture.PNG

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Sorry guys those are the only photos I took. I can say that there was definitely no tonneau cover stashed anywhere on or in the truck. Wish I'd taken more pictures.
Hey Gobistick thanks for your reply. Did you happen to see the rear bumper side steps on this truck? They were supposed to be on this truck as per the equipment sheet. Love to know. And no surprise about the missing hard tonneau cover. For some very strange reason Jeep does not ever show that cover anywhere.
Sponsored