How much for the base price Rubicon Gladiator. No options

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bitchin' Schwinn
So you have an order placed for JL 3.6 with BSG? Or you are waiting for the it to be an option to place your order?

Truthfully I go back and forth a lot. While the idea sounds great and is not new tech I am hesitant of the added complications and things to break, especially coming from FCA. That said, nobody buys these for MPGs but I would love a little boost around town and while it may be small I don't think anyone would complain about more low end torque.
Yeah, I'm in it for the boost/seamless integration of the ESS system. I'm all for any help on the mpg side, and the BSG engines actually have beefed up internals to deal with the stop-start cycle better over time. No alternator, less wear and tear on the starter and battery, 70hp boost off the line and better mpgs all add up to a win (at a certain cost).
The only real "extra thing" is the 48v battery/voltage converter, but I'm not too concerned as those components are becoming less expensive by the day.
No order in yet, as there is no way for a dealer to even configure a JL with this engine until it is officially available. I've been given widely varying timelines for its implementation (as soon as they clear out inventory of the current 3.6 and its components/waiting on Trump-era CAFE amendments/waiting for the JT/waiting for the diesel/waiting for the EPA all the way to "Never"), but no one on the retail side has anything definitive, kinda like the JT pricing. At this point, I'm content to wait for Gladiator prices to be revealed and to get a chance to drive the 2.0 before I have to make a decision. I'm minimum 30 to maximum 60 days away from my ideal ordering window, so we'll see how things shake themselves out by then.
Sponsored

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
So what info do they include in there clam that the Gladiator Rubicon will be $5k under the price of the JLUR and $1.5K under the JL Rubicon?
That was probably based off of the industry standard. Toyota, Ford, and Chevy all pretty much have their SUV version of their trucks at $5k-$7k more.

Nearly everyone on this site is a Jeep enthusiast, and I think that might cloud are judgment on what the Gladiator is going to cost. More Wranglers are sold to just "SUV owners" than to enthusiast. The same should hold true for the Gladiator and I don't see Joe Mid Size Truck spending $5k more for it than any one of its competitors.

I'm also starting to wonder if Jeep will allow the Gladiator to become their top of the line off road vehicle. For some reason, I don't think that will be the case. For brand identity I think the Wrangler has to stay at the top. That would mean the Gladiator would need to be slightly cheaper.

So, brand identity and market standards could very well see to it that the Gladiator is slightly less expensive than the Wrangler. I'm personally starting to feel as if the Gladiator will be with in several hundred dollars of the Wrangler.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
That was probably based off of the industry standard. Toyota, Ford, and Chevy all pretty much have their SUV version of their trucks at $5k-$7k more.

So, brand identity and market standards could very well see to it that the Gladiator is slightly less expensive than the Wrangler. I'm personally starting to feel as if the Gladiator will be with in several hundred dollars of the Wrangler.
Well that question was directed at my post, and I didn't note the sub heading on the poll which specified the Rubicon.

The site I was referring to is actually reporting that they're hearing $37k base.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Well that question was directed at my post, and I didn't note the sub heading on the poll which specified the Rubicon.

The site I was referring to is actually reporting that they're hearing $37k base.
$37k base for what?

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
That's 40K+ OTD ish. They do that and it would fit my definition of 'intentionally' expensive.
Sponsored