First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I don’t see why the ecodiesel wouldn’t be in and around $4500 upcharge when it was that much on the Ram?

Tbh I don’t see the Gladiator getting anywhere close to 100k loaded. This is a midsized truck with a v6 has and a v6 diesel. This isn’t going to be a hemi or Cummins powered truck.

That being said I can def’n see it hit 80k loaded with a diesel on the road after taxes.

My guess is that it will have a 3-5k premium on unlimited JL versions. But I’ve also heard from someone close to the project that they are trying to keep the price as close to JL pricing as possible.

Remember Jeep wants to make sure they sell and sell well. This is an adventure vehicle but not a premium truck. Premium trucks demand a premium price and are equipped as such. This truck isn’t premium, and it won’t demand close to 100k.

Holy Batmobile!

So, first off, I did not refer to a "Platinum" model Super Duty in my pricing reasoning post.

Your homework assignment for today is to re-read my post.

I said my son bought a "Limited Edition," which costs a lot more than the lesser priced Platinum, to the tune of almost $10k more. So, that is close to $85k, loaded. But wait, there's more! EFW 10/100k is another $8k on top of that, or $93,000, so far, and we’re not done. Next, even though so darn many buyers (for some bizarre unknown reason) forget that sales tax is a very, very real cost (for most, but not all, of course, states), don't forget about another 10% for sales tax. This brings the $93,000 subtotal to a whopping $102,300. Then, there is delivery and destination, plus licensing costs. Guess what?! By the time you cut your check to the SA, you're looking right down the barrel of a check of even more than $100k, for a Limited Edition Super Duty, of course.

Good luck on your efforts to get a discount on a diesel Gladiator, especially in the early going! I sure as heck wouldn't count on getting $12 to $15k "off," from MSRP. Realistically, as I mentioned in my original post, in the early heated line pushing and shoving emotions of initial Gladiator diesel buyers, we best plan for a sizable second sticker, baby, adding maybe another $10k to $20k on top of MSRP. The only pertinent question here is how big will that dreaded second sticker be for a diesel Gladiator? As I also stated in my post, I will go for an upcharge over MSRP of maybe $10k, give or take, but much more than that, I will wither choose to wait a year or so after the first diesel Gladiators hit the dealers’ lots, until some of the scorching "I gotta have it" heat subsides, or I will consider an alternate vehicle, like maybe a nice Ford Raptor with its all new 7L V8. Now, don't get me wrong, my first choice is clearly the Gladiator Diesel, but I for one, will not go for $20k over MSRP. Too high, that's where I either wait, or walk. We will just have to see how this all plays out.

Now, in terms of the fully loaded Gladiator Diesel, please do walk us through ALL of your estimated planning figures, as I did in my post, including ALL costs, so do not leave out sales tax, etc. You may arrive at a bit lower cost than my $100k, but I would guess the price may wind up somewheres in between your low ball estimate, and my high one. I just hope you don't go all unrealistic on us, and estimate you can snag a Gladiator diesel for an extra $4,500, or some such low ball figure. I put in an extra $10k for the oil burner, and hopefully, I have overstated it a bit, but I'd guess not by a whole lot. Ford snags a nice cool $9,300 upcharge for their big Powerstroke diesel. Yes, the Gladiator's V6 diesel is but a shadow of the behemoth 6.7L Powerstroke, but let's not forget that many (but certainly not all) of us Gladiator Diesel fanboys got the emotional heat of "needing" a diesel in our Wrangler Rubicons, after waiting for so many years now.

But, you know what, like my Daddy used to always tell me, it's a good policy to always plan and budget for something to cost more, not less, than what you estimate. This way, you will never get caught short of funds, as you write that big fat check, and better yet, you will have a pleasant smile happily planted across your face, as the real cost is less than what you planned and prepared for.

Words of wisdom, from the Greatest Generation.
Sponsored

MOPAR Boy

First Name
Mopy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
I don’t see why the ecodiesel wouldn’t be in and around $4500 upcharge when it was that much on the Ram?

Tbh I don’t see the Gladiator getting anywhere close to 100k loaded. This is a midsized truck with a v6 has and a v6 diesel. This isn’t going to be a hemi or Cummins powered truck.

That being said I can def’n see it hit 80k loaded with a diesel on the road after taxes.

My guess is that it will have a 3-5k premium on unlimited JL versions. But I’ve also heard from someone close to the project that they are trying to keep the price as close to JL pricing as possible.

Remember Jeep wants to make sure they sell and sell well. This is an adventure vehicle but not a premium truck. Premium trucks demand a premium price and are equipped as such. This truck isn’t premium, and it won’t demand close to 100k.
You kmay not be far off estimate

I can't see a fully loaded 2020 Gladiator Rubicon diesel being less than $85k, off the lot, and here's my reasoning:

I just configured tonight a fully loaded 2019 Wrangler Rubicon gasser (no diesel) on Jeep's online build site, and it comes up to just a tiny smidge under $60k, not including taxes, delivery, and without any EFW. Now, let's add about $5k for the Gladiator (vs/ the Wrangler) upcharge, and another $5k for the diesel. This brings us to $70k. Now, add $8k for the EFW 10/100, so now we are at $78k. If you add sales tax at 10%, it is now at $85,800. Next, we need to add destination & delivery, plus licensing. My friend, now we are at probably $88k. So, here we are, just knocking at the door of $90k, off the lot. All's it would take now to hit a full $100k is a nice little $10k second sticker charge. Hopefully, these second stickers will not materialize to any wide spread extent, albeit I doubt we will see much of a discount, if any, off of MSRP list for the initial 6 months or more of Gladiator diesel sales.

So, we can argue all day long whether the 2020 Gladiator with diesel, in fully tricked out Rubicon cladding, will cost $88k, or $95k, whatever, but even if your glass is half full, by no means is this car going to be driven off the lot, fully loaded with diesel, for any $80k. She is gunna cost you a pretty penny, for sure. My point is this vehicle looks like it is going to drive itself right into Ford Raptor territory. I truly hope I am wrong, but I don't see where my numbers can be that far off. I'm looking at the simple arithmetic, and trying to keep this discussion as non-emotional as possible, and this is simply where these numbers fall. Too many ppl ignore, or otherwise don't factor in true hard costs, like sales tax, let alone EFW's like 7/70, or 10/100, so there are many reasons for false expectations. And, I really doubt most folks dropping $90k on a diesel Gladiator will turn around and unload it in 2 or 3 years, so unless they want to risk an enormous repair charge(s) on this somewhat redesigned Ecodiesel after the FW is expired, a wise buyer will opt for EFW, which I have factored into my numbers.

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I get what your saying but options will def’n be different amounts than on a JL. Just look on JLs between trim levels. Dual top options vary in cost. A hard top on a gladiator would be less as it’s smaller and less windows. The gladiator rubicon cones stock with a rear steel bumper, so steel bumper group will be less.

I guess I’m also looking based on Canadian pricing. In Canada JL Rubicon Unlimited cost 8,000 less then American JLs after exchange rates.

I have two friends that both picked up loaded JL rubicons recently and the pricing wasn’t as bad the website. Both around the 70 mark on the road.

I think we all will end up surprised with the Gladiator being not as big as a premium as everyone thought.

And I think with the amount of Gladiators that will be available the mark ups won’t be as high on them.

But either way I hope everyone in here comes out with the JT the want for what they were willing to pay.

My goal is a manual Rubi, led, Navi, HD towing, leather and dual tops on the road for 70k. I’ll be good with that.

You kmay not be far off estimate

I can't see a fully loaded 2020 Gladiator Rubicon diesel being less than $85k, off the lot, and here's my reasoning:

I just configured tonight a fully loaded 2019 Wrangler Rubicon gasser (no diesel) on Jeep's online build site, and it comes up to just a tiny smidge under $60k, not including taxes, delivery, and without any EFW. Now, let's add about $5k for the Gladiator (vs/ the Wrangler) upcharge, and another $5k for the diesel. This brings us to $70k. Now, add $8k for the EFW 10/100, so now we are at $78k. If you add sales tax at 10%, it is now at $85,800. Next, we need to add destination & delivery, plus licensing. My friend, now we are at probably $88k. So, here we are, just knocking at the door of $90k, off the lot. All's it would take now to hit a full $100k is a nice little $10k second sticker charge. Hopefully, these second stickers will not materialize to any wide spread extent, albeit I doubt we will see much of a discount, if any, off of MSRP list for the initial 6 months or more of Gladiator diesel sales.

So, we can argue all day long whether the 2020 Gladiator with diesel, in fully tricked out Rubicon cladding, will cost $88k, or $95k, whatever, but even if your glass is half full, by no means is this car going to be driven off the lot, fully loaded with diesel, for any $80k. She is gunna cost you a pretty penny, for sure. My point is this vehicle looks like it is going to drive itself right into Ford Raptor territory. I truly hope I am wrong, but I don't see where my numbers can be that far off. I'm looking at the simple arithmetic, and trying to keep this discussion as non-emotional as possible, and this is simply where these numbers fall. Too many ppl ignore, or otherwise don't factor in true hard costs, like sales tax, let alone EFW's like 7/70, or 10/100, so there are many reasons for false expectations. And, I really doubt most folks dropping $90k on a diesel Gladiator will turn around and unload it in 2 or 3 years, so unless they want to risk an enormous repair charge(s) on this somewhat redesigned Ecodiesel after the FW is expired, a wise buyer will opt for EFW, which I have factored into my numbers.

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
I get what your saying but options will def’n be different amounts than on a JL. Just look on JLs between trim levels. Dual top options vary in cost. A hard top on a gladiator would be less as it’s smaller and less windows. The gladiator rubicon cones stock with a rear steel bumper, so steel bumper group will be less.

I guess I’m also looking based on Canadian pricing. In Canada JL Rubicon Unlimited cost 8,000 less then American JLs after exchange rates.

I have two friends that both picked up loaded JL rubicons recently and the pricing wasn’t as bad the website. Both around the 70 mark on the road.

I think we all will end up surprised with the Gladiator being not as big as a premium as everyone thought.

And I think with the amount of Gladiators that will be available the mark ups won’t be as high on them.

But either way I hope everyone in here comes out with the JT the want for what they were willing to pay.

My goal is a manual Rubi, led, Navi, HD towing, leather and dual tops on the road for 70k. I’ll be good with that.

For those that are wondering $70k Canadian is around $52,270.00 American give or take.

MOPAR Boy

First Name
Mopy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
For those that are wondering $70k Canadian is around $52,270.00 American give or take.
All of my stated prices in my posts were expressed in USD$, and were taken directly off the Jeep USA site, where you can build and price a 2019 Wrangler Rubicon.

Now, in terms of attempting to extrapolate re: a guestimate (and it’s nothing more than this, just my opinion) of the upcharge of a Gladiator Rubicon model over a Wrangler Rubicon, and what the diesel option might cost, these are strictly just my opinion, based on the reasons I mentioned in my posts.

I totally agree that obviously none of us can possibly know the actual Gladiator costs until the dealer order guides, with pricing, are released. Just a ton of speculation right now, on all of our parts.

Sponsored

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Have you guys ever wondered why it cost you guys more for a Rubicon then it does in Canada ? It you take the base pricing it works out to a lot less

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
For those wondering this is the price difference on base model JL Rubicon Unlimiteds. Our price works out to just a bit over $37,000 USD

5374A034-BA62-4D71-994F-161A5C61CA55.png

190F7A33-98F1-4C95-B895-D085689A90F1.png

1E130E8F-6E2D-42FE-A27F-B4B05255E722.png

KA350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
For those wondering this is the price difference on base model JL Rubicon Unlimiteds. Our price works out to just a bit over $37,000 USD

5374A034-BA62-4D71-994F-161A5C61CA55.png

190F7A33-98F1-4C95-B895-D085689A90F1.png

1E130E8F-6E2D-42FE-A27F-B4B05255E722.png
Wow, that’s interesting.

I wondering what’s stopping someone from buying one there and bringing it back to the states?

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Over at Eric Peters Autos, he's saying that his sources are indicating a base price around $38,000.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Over at Eric Peters Autos, he's saying that his sources are indicating a base price around $38,000.
So what info do they include in there clam that the Gladiator Rubicon will be $5k under the price of the JLUR and $1.5K under the JL Rubicon?

If true I need to order my new camper to go along with my new truck.

Sponsored

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Damn, that was for a Sport. Did a search for pricing thread, rather than start a new one, and didn't notice this was for the Rubicon.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bitchin' Schwinn
Base Rubicon Gladiator: $49,395+destination.
Base Sport(S):$42,495+destination. (I think they will combine most of the Sport/Sport S specs into one Sport version)
Yikes...
Diesel will be a $5500 option (only because it will require an automatic: $3500 diesel+$2000 auto).
The JT will launch with the 3.6 BSG version, which is why it's been delayed until late second quarter (still waiting on EPA approval/testing to be complete).
Mic: dropped.:movember:

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Base Rubicon Gladiator: $49,395+destination.
Base Sport(S):$42,495+destination. (I think they will combine most of the Sport/Sport S specs into one Sport version)
Yikes...
Diesel will be a $5500 option (only because it will require an automatic: $3500 diesel+$2000 auto).
The JT will launch with the 3.6 BSG version, which is why it's been delayed until late second quarter (still waiting on EPA approval/testing to be complete).
Mic: dropped.:movember:

Lots of big claims here, especially the BSG statement. Sure we have all been guessing at prices all over the board but I have not heard a thing about BSG for almost a year. I too expected it in the JT but I think that FCA abandoned the idea on the 3.6. Do you have a source, or are you just talking out your a$$ while we wait?

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bitchin' Schwinn
Lots of big claims here, especially the BSG statement. Sure we have all been guessing at prices all over the board but I have not heard a thing about BSG for almost a year. I too expected it in the JT but I think that FCA abandoned the idea on the 3.6. Do you have a source, or are you just talking out your a$$ while we wait?
Oh, this is pure ass-speak. I'm just hoping for that BSG to come soon, because it's holding up my JL order.
Pretty good ass-speak, though, right? Sounds authoritative...

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Oh, this is pure ass-speak. I'm just hoping for that BSG to come soon, because it's holding up my JL order.
Pretty good ass-speak, though, right? Sounds authoritative...
So you have an order placed for JL 3.6 with BSG? Or you are waiting for the it to be an option to place your order?

Truthfully I go back and forth a lot. While the idea sounds great and is not new tech I am hesitant of the added complications and things to break, especially coming from FCA. That said, nobody buys these for MPGs but I would love a little boost around town and while it may be small I don't think anyone would complain about more low end torque.
Sponsored