Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
With the full lineup out now, and their frequent mention of the Tacoma & Colorado in their presentation, I think the starting price on a Rubicon is going to match the TRDPro and ZR2 which is right around $43k. The ZR2 Bison will be an extreme end so I'll call it a well optioned Rubicon (bumpers, convenience, tow, Offroad+) and figure a price of $48-50k. The $3k+ for diesel will put a fully optioned diesel JTR just below $60k.
Sponsored

KA350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
With the full lineup out now, and their frequent mention of the Tacoma & Colorado in their presentation, I think the starting price on a Rubicon is going to match the TRDPro and ZR2 which is right around $43k. The ZR2 Bison will be an extreme end so I'll call it a well optioned Rubicon (bumpers, convenience, tow, Offroad+) and figure a price of $48-50k. The $3k+ for diesel will put a fully optioned diesel JTR just below $60k.
I think you’re probably pretty close

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
That's what I'm realistically starting to aim at, though I'm sure the Max Tow Package will be at least $1500 (hopefully not much more) so probably MY price will be closer to $38k... but if I can find a way to do this under $40k I'll be happy as a pig in... uh... slop.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
In the Ram for 2018 the Diesel option is $4500. I believe a fully loaded Ruby (with diesel) will fall between $60 and $63k.

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
In the Ram for 2018 the Diesel option is $4500. I believe a fully loaded Ruby (with diesel) will fall between $60 and $63k.
That sounds about right to me... I was leaning somewhat on the suggested $3k cost to go with diesel in the Grand Cherokee, but I don't know if it's the same engine so was just guessing it'd be more, and less than $6k but not sure of a good price. I'm not too invested, I'll be getting enough out the V6 gasser... if I'm not happy, I'll look into cold air or cat-back or aftermarket tuners, or all 3.

Breaktrack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I'm going to go with about 45,550.00.

I can only hope, eh?

Mac

Blacklab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 Wagoneer
I get it, it's a Jeep truck. I still don't see how they would price it out of the reach for the consumer. Not over 50k for loaded Rubicon.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
I get it, it's a Jeep truck. I still don't see how they would price it out of the reach for the consumer. Not over 50k for loaded Rubicon.
Well, price out a Rubicon on Jeeps site, and in all the major options and say colored top and see.... JT will be quite similar

Sponsored

MOPAR Boy

First Name
Mopy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Here's my personal rough estimate for my financial planning purposes:

I start with the fact that a Fully loaded 2019 Wrangler Rubi builds out to just under $60k. I'm planning on up to $10k over this for the Gladiator truck premium (especially while demand is fireball hot for the first year), then add up to an additional $10k for the diesel option (hopefully less). Then, I will want EFW, 10 yr/100k mi, so figure add about $10k for this. Finally, in my neck of the woods, our retail sales tax is 10%.

So, by the time I drive this baby off the proverbial lot, that will be $99k, plus license, so I will be right at, or near, $100k, total cost.

Now, hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised, and it will be less than this. That would be nice. Then again, my estimate is full MSRP, and I would guess for the first 6 months, these FCA dealers will want $10k to $20k over sticker for Diesel powered Gladiators, so this estimate could be low.

If I have to, I would be willing to go up to an extra $10k for a second sticker, but likely not more than this. In that case, I’d probably just wait it out. My limit will be about $110k for a fully loaded Gladiator, with diesel, and that’s it, and that is off the lot. Higher than this, I will look at alternatives, maybe something of the ilk of the new 7L V8 Ford Raptor.

I believe my Gladiator price is pretty realistic, though, as my son just bought a Ford F-350 Limited Edition with the Powerstroke diesel, and he was right up against $100k, total price, off the lot. He said a fully loaded F-150 is running about $80k to $85k, now so he figured for another $20k, he might just as well get a real truck.

It just ain’t no longer like the good ‘ol days, peeps. These things ain’t no longer cheap, particularly if you trick 'em fully out, and especially if you go with diesel, which I definitely intend to do.

KA350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Here's my personal rough estimate for my financial planning purposes:

I start with the fact that a Fully loaded 2019 Wrangler Rubi builds out to just under $60k. I'm planning on up to $10k over this for the Gladiator truck premium (especially while demand is fireball hot for the first year), then add up to an additional $10k for the diesel option (hopefully less). Then, I will want EFW, 10 yr/100k mi, so figure add about $10k for this. Finally, in my neck of the woods, our retail sales tax is 10%.

So, by the time I drive this baby off the proverbial lot, that will be $99k, plus license, so I will be right at, or near, $100k, total cost.

Now, hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised, and it will be less than this. That would be nice. Then again, my estimate is full MSRP, and I would guess for the first 6 months, these FCA dealers will want $10k to $20k over sticker for Diesel powered Gladiators, so this estimate could be low.

If I have to, I would be willing to go up to an extra $10k for a second sticker, but likely not more than this. In that case, I’d probably just wait it out. My limit will be about $110k for a fully loaded Gladiator, with diesel, and that’s it, and that is off the lot. Higher than this, I will look at alternatives, maybe something of the ilk of the new 7L V8 Ford Raptor.

I believe my Gladiator price is pretty realistic, though, as my son just bought a Ford F-350 Limited Edition with the Powerstroke diesel, and he was right up against $100k, total price, off the lot. He said a fully loaded F-150 is running about $80k to $85k, now so he figured for another $20k, he might just as well get a real truck.

It just ain’t no longer like the good ‘ol days, peeps. These things ain’t no longer cheap, particularly if you trick 'em fully out, and especially if you go with diesel, which I definitely intend to do.
Holy crap.

I think you’re grossly over estimating many figures in your post. A new F350 Platinium goes for like 75k loaded. Not 100k. Full sive offering from Ford and GM never sell for MRSP, most advertise 12-15k off.
A new F150 Raptor just shy of 70k for an 802A and most dealers aren’t able to move them for MRSP.

100k for a Jeep Gladiator! Lol!
The SRT8 Hellcat Grand Cherokee doesn’t even sell for that!

I’m glad you have the cash to throw 110k for a jeep, but this simply won’t be the case.

Thanks for your input, but you’re way out in left field with this post.

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Has anyone ever noticed how high of a price premium you guys pay for a Wrangler in the States compared to pricing in Canada ?

I remember I was close to trading my JK in for a JL and the dealership advised me that my jeep would go to the states as they make about 8-10k on the exchange rate.

I worked out the pricing difference on a brand new JL Rubicon Unlimited and we pay about 8 grand less than you guys for the same jeep. I wonder why considering it’s built in the states ?

MOPAR Boy

First Name
Mopy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Holy crap.

I think you’re grossly over estimating many figures in your post. A new F350 Platinium goes for like 75k loaded. Not 100k. Full sive offering from Ford and GM never sell for MRSP, most advertise 12-15k off.
A new F150 Raptor just shy of 70k for an 802A and most dealers aren’t able to move them for MRSP.

100k for a Jeep Gladiator! Lol!
The SRT8 Hellcat Grand Cherokee doesn’t even sell for that!

I’m glad you have the cash to throw 110k for a jeep, but this simply won’t be the case.

Thanks for your input, but you’re way out in left field with this post.

MOPAR Boy

First Name
Mopy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Holy Batmobile!

So, first off, I did not refer to a "Platinum" model Super Duty in my pricing reasoning post.

Your homework assignment for today is to re-read my post.

I said my son bought a "Limited Edition," which costs a lot more than the lesser priced Platinum, to the tune of almost $10k more. So, that is close to $85k, loaded. But wait, there's more! EFW 10/100k is another $8k on top of that, or $93,000, so far, and we’re not done. Next, even though so darn many buyers (for some bizarre unknown reason) forget that sales tax is a very, very real cost (for most, but not all, of course, states), don't forget about another 10% for sales tax. This brings the $93,000 subtotal to a whopping $102,300. Then, there is delivery and destination, plus licensing costs. Guess what?! By the time you cut your check to the SA, you're looking right down the barrel of a check of even more than $100k, for a Limited Edition Super Duty, of course.

Good luck on your efforts to get a discount on a diesel Gladiator, especially in the early going! I sure as heck wouldn't count on getting $12 to $15k "off," from MSRP. Realistically, as I mentioned in my original post, in the early heated line pushing and shoving emotions of initial Gladiator diesel buyers, we best plan for a sizable second sticker, baby, adding maybe another $10k to $20k on top of MSRP. The only pertinent question here is how big will that dreaded second sticker be for a diesel Gladiator? As I also stated in my post, I will go for an upcharge over MSRP of maybe $10k, give or take, but much more than that, I will wither choose to wait a year or so after the first diesel Gladiators hit the dealers’ lots, until some of the scorching "I gotta have it" heat subsides, or I will consider an alternate vehicle, like maybe a nice Ford Raptor with its all new 7L V8. Now, don't get me wrong, my first choice is clearly the Gladiator Diesel, but I for one, will not go for $20k over MSRP. Too high, that's where I either wait, or walk. We will just have to see how this all plays out.

Now, in terms of the fully loaded Gladiator Diesel, please do walk us through ALL of your estimated planning figures, as I did in my post, including ALL costs, so do not leave out sales tax, etc. You may arrive at a bit lower cost than my $100k, but I would guess the price may wind up somewheres in between your low ball estimate, and my high one. I just hope you don't go all unrealistic on us, and estimate you can snag a Gladiator diesel for an extra $4,500, or some such low ball figure. I put in an extra $10k for the oil burner, and hopefully, I have overstated it a bit, but I'd guess not by a whole lot. Ford snags a nice cool $9,300 upcharge for their big Powerstroke diesel. Yes, the Gladiator's V6 diesel is but a shadow of the behemoth 6.7L Powerstroke, but let's not forget that many (but certainly not all) of us Gladiator Diesel fanboys got the emotional heat of "needing" a diesel in our Wrangler Rubicons, after waiting for so many years now.

But, you know what, like my Daddy used to always tell me, it's a good policy to always plan and budget for something to cost more, not less, than what you estimate. This way, you will never get caught short of funds, as you write that big fat check, and better yet, you will have a pleasant smile happily planted across your face, as the real cost is less than what you planned and prepared for.

Words of wisdom, from the Greatest Generation.
Sponsored