Gladiator Bed - Topper/Cap

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
Jeep/MOPAR needs to come out with one that continues the body lines and replicates the back of the cab. It would look like an extended Wrangler.
Sorry, too hard and out of the box for anyone to do ever.
Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
This is the ARE CX top, lines look good. More truck cap than adventure rack which isn't bad really.

001-are-top-gladiator.jpg

002-are-top-gladiator.jpg

003-are-top-gladiator.jpg

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Sorry, too hard and out of the box for anyone to do ever.
I feel you have never seen the work of Jeff Scherb. Look upon his works and despair.

The real problem is the split body and bed tubs. I suppose is you were in a mood to cut out the front and back bulkheads and make a filler it would make the whole single roof to rule them all easier and cleaner at the risk of looking like a grand wagoneer or suburban. Not bad but it would require some shenanigans to remove.

Bobs85Reny

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ7 Renegade, 81 Cj8 Scrammler, 84 CJ8 Scrambler, 89 YJ Laredo, 06 Wrangler LJ, 86 CJ7, 02 Liberty, 16 jeePatriot
I feel you have never seen the work of Jeff Scherb. Look upon his works and despair.
I look at his work and get inspired! I just wish I had the free time to actually do a portion of what he has done. He is a master of his craft.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Being a self employed freelancer working from home helps his game for sure but the real edge is his minds eye, pretty much builds what he sees.

His industry connections don't hurt either.

Sponsored

CookieSoup

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
ARE, ALuCab, RLD all have conopys now (or at least preorders by the end of the summer i think all 3 will be out

MikeMora

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
I orderd the A.R.E. and it's gonna take 2 months! ugh

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
No offense taken as I agree 100%. Just a stop gap measure until a better solution is found.

I think the topper you posted is a custom built unit? I think I came across it before. If so could you share the link? I believe there were many pics.

Thank you!
Sorry, I fell out of the Gladiator build mode when I decided to wait for a year for finances and first run design flaws to all correct themselves. I'm happy to say my 2021 Gladiator is sitting in OH waiting on a train to CO and I picked up a Softopper last week. Since I posted this a year ago I only see that it looks like there are several options (I got these URLs from the Softopper guys, haven't checked them all out):
  • Datinfab.com
  • usrack.com (truck cap rack)
  • Dissentoffroad.com
  • mobtownoffroad.com
  • rackitinc.com (3000 series)
The image I shared was from a TacomaWorld forum post from DissentOffroad (listed above) here. I still REALLY like it.

Hazmar

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S
  • Datinfab.com
  • Dissentoffroad.com
  • mobtownoffroad.com
These appear to be all rack manufacturers. Anyone found any gladiator specific caps other than ARE and Leer?

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
These appear to be all rack manufacturers. Anyone found any gladiator specific caps other than ARE and Leer?
My response was from a year ago to a someone asking about having a rack over a softopper.

There is a different thread on here about where people keep their dogs that has a few mentions. Or there are some sponsors. ARE for sure, then a several aluminum caps. Just scroll up, lots listed in this thread.

Hazmar

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S
My response was from a year ago to a someone asking about having a rack over a softopper.

There is a different thread on here about where people keep their dogs that has a few mentions. Or there are some sponsors. ARE for sure, then a several aluminum caps. Just scroll up, lots listed in this thread.
Thanks. Searched pretty extensively and finding very little on the body matching style caps- hard to believe.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Thanks. Searched pretty extensively and finding very little on the body matching style caps- hard to believe.
Yah, I feel like A.R.E. is the only fiberglass option out there... but if you saw Leer then those are all I've seen. Otherwise there seems to be a lot of steel/aluminum toppers... or tonneau covers, omg so many tonneau covers. (Personally I'm not a fan.)

My plan is to use the Softopper as a place for my dogs to hang out until I can afford, justify, wait out the order time to get a GoFastCamper.

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, I fell out of the Gladiator build mode when I decided to wait for a year for finances and first run design flaws to all correct themselves. I'm happy to say my 2021 Gladiator is sitting in OH waiting on a train to CO and I picked up a Softopper last week. Since I posted this a year ago I only see that it looks like there are several options (I got these URLs from the Softopper guys, haven't checked them all out):
  • Datinfab.com
  • Dissentoffroad.com
  • mobtownoffroad.com
The image I shared was from a TacomaWorld forum post from DissentOffroad (listed above) here. I still REALLY like it.
So I looked on the Dissent Offroad website and they say they are working on a Gladiator version of the one at the link you provided. Someone provided a gladiator for them to come up with a prototype, and let them work off for fabrication, so it might be a reality sooner rather than later. Like all things it does take time and not holding my breath as other manufacturers have made promises on this site and have yet to follow through with production release. Be interesting to see when available

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
So I looked on the Dissent Offroad website and they say they are working on a Gladiator version of the one at the link you provided. Someone provided a gladiator for them to come up with a prototype, and let them work off for fabrication, so it might be a reality sooner rather than later. Like all things it does take time and not holding my breath as other manufacturers have made promises on this site and have yet to follow through with production release. Be interesting to see when available
I actually submitted a comment to them on their website, but never heard back from them. Of everyone on that list (I went and double checked each of them), they are far and away the best looking product... ESPECIALLY if they create the over-cab rack to go with it. I hope they're having some success in their prototype. and that it'll be here sooner than later... though technically i'm not in the market for another 6-8 months anyway.
Sponsored