Sponsored

ARE Bed Cap Topper weight requires upgrading to taller rear springs / spring spacers?

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Seems like most guys posting have lifts already. I have a mostly stock Mojave no lift , RSI cap, some small skids, and light weight winch setup on front. The factory springs were soft and there was a little squat, Chris,( “White Rabbit” RIP) helped me figure out that Max Tow springs with 1 3/8” spacers to make up for the shorter springs set me up great, ride is not rough as the Max Tow Springs have some weight on , has a firm feel and less bouncing while towing . I went with Icon aluminum anodized spacers, very happy with how it rides and sits. Remember I have a Mojave that has a bit taller springs already……Jack
Sponsored

OP
OP
cwilliamson

cwilliamson

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Ok thanks I already have the mopar 2 inch lift with the teraflex 1 1/2 spacers on the front

MattK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator (JTR)
I did not have to do anything to the stock Rubicon suspension(pretty soft). I ran it like this for a year and it never dropped because of it. They only weigh about 175 lbs.
Jeep Gladiator ARE Bed Cap Topper weight requires upgrading to taller rear springs / spring spacers? BC190FBE-583F-497F-B202-CB9BAA622069

After AEV 2.5” lift:
Jeep Gladiator ARE Bed Cap Topper weight requires upgrading to taller rear springs / spring spacers? D2650FE9-C931-46CC-A9E7-342F1D3F2A06

Alaskantinbender

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch edition
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
I did not have to do anything to the stock Rubicon suspension(pretty soft). I ran it like this for a year and it never dropped because of it. They only weigh about 175 lbs.
Jeep Gladiator ARE Bed Cap Topper weight requires upgrading to taller rear springs / spring spacers? D2650FE9-C931-46CC-A9E7-342F1D3F2A06

After AEV 2.5” lift:
Nice looking truck. Rubicon springs are pretty soft. I hauled 900 pounds of bricks and bottomed out pretty good on my driveway lumps and bumps.

MDV Hank

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I had the same issue to the point I had to slow down to get it to stop. I run an ALU-CAB canopy, CVT RTT, and plenty of gear in the back. I can tell you the Sumo Springs (Black) are a game changer. I have put 15k miles since I added them and its night and day. The install took my 20 minutes, 15 to get the jack out and raise the rear enough, 5 mins to pull the old bump stops, place the Sumo springs in place lower the truck and watch the Sumo Springs pop in place.
https://www.etrailer.com/p-SS62XR.html?hhyear=2020&hhmake=Jeep&hhmodel=Gladiator

Sponsored

Alaskantinbender

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch edition
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
I had the same issue to the point I had to slow down to get it to stop. I run an ALU-CAB canopy, CVT RTT, and plenty of gear in the back. I can tell you the Sumo Springs (Black) are a game changer. I have put 15k miles since I added them and its night and day. The install took my 20 minutes, 15 to get the jack out and raise the rear enough, 5 mins to pull the old bump stops, place the Sumo springs in place lower the truck and watch the Sumo Springs pop in place.
https://www.etrailer.com/p-SS62XR.html?hhyear=2020&hhmake=Jeep&hhmodel=Gladiator
Looks like a pretty good option. Are they longer than the factory bump stops?

ckgjt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Max ToE
mine sits level with the shell on...Teraflex 2.5 front springs, arms etc- stock Max Toe rear springs and spacer- I do get a very slight squat when fully loaded down for camping but never hit the bump stops.
Jeep Gladiator ARE Bed Cap Topper weight requires upgrading to taller rear springs / spring spacers? tempImageSkuN71
Jeep Gladiator ARE Bed Cap Topper weight requires upgrading to taller rear springs / spring spacers? tempImageQCqUzE

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
Mine didn’t need any leveling after the cap was added. Rubicon on stock suspension with Tera flex leveling.

55FA506F-5B84-4DE4-85B4-3A54C12F3961.jpeg
664222E1-CF99-4C8A-915D-3B88B0F3C5A4.jpeg

Sponsored

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
Sorry to hijack….

how are you guys mounting your canopies? The leer/century mounts suck in my opinion….Washboard roads- even when going fast enough to “smooth” out the bumps, leaves me with having to recenter the canopy tighten down the mounts etc.

I might be going with through bolts here soon… (through the canopy and through the bed rails…..)

just curious if anyone has come up with a better solution before I resort to a crude but simple answer.
Thanks! 🍺👍🏼

edit- photo added. If I could do my top over again I would go with the go fast racing camper setup…. Will likely go this rout next year anyway…

22C31461-E221-46A0-ACBF-8CB987E75E5B.jpeg

Last edited:

Alaskantinbender

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch edition
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Sorry to hijack….

how are you guys mounting your canopies? The leer/century mounts suck in my opinion….Washboard roads- even when going fast enough to “smooth” out the bumps, leaves me with having to recenter the canopy tighten down the mounts etc.

I might be going with through bolts here soon… (through the canopy and through the bed rails…..)

just curious if anyone has come up with a better solution before I resort to a crude but simple answer.
Thanks! 🍺👍🏼
I have some wide foam weather stripping 1/4 thick and 4 aluminum trail rail clamps from amazon on each side. No movement yet.

Jeep Gladiator ARE Bed Cap Topper weight requires upgrading to taller rear springs / spring spacers? IMG_5180.JPG

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
One nice thing about the topper (Alu-Cab here), is that the extra weight leveled out the height in the rear to match the front. No need to purchase a leveling kit here (stock JTR). Or it was an overpriced leveling kit…depends on how you look at it, lol.

Armsbearer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, 2021 JL Willys, 2014 MB GL63 AMG
Occupation
Software Design Engineer
The ARE cap plus approx 65 lbs rack did not affect the rake on my stock everything Mojave at all. Thank God the front is still an inch lower than the rear.

Jeep Gladiator ARE Bed Cap Topper weight requires upgrading to taller rear springs / spring spacers? 5348757E-2DAD-4D34-88D9-0C58E6A7B42A
Sponsored