Sponsored

Gladiator cloth seats comfort and overall?

chestercp

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Jeep JKU
Hello all. I'm shopping around between a 4runner, Tacoma, JLU and Gladiator. I had a '16 JKU for a few years, loved it but I'm moving on.

I'm looking for some feedback on the comfort of the Gladiator cloth seats. I'm looking at the Sport S and noticed both the Gladiator and JLU don't look to have much adjustability. Mainly adjustment under the knees, I read the JLU has a pretty flat seat for the most part. I did sit in a JL and could see what others were claiming.

Does anyone have any opinion/feedback to share on general seat comfort during their Gladiator ownership?

Thanks all!
Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I have the leather seats but find them very supportive and comfortable.
We’ll be taking a 7 hour trip in it tomorrow.

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I am happy with it and feel its probably more comfortable than my JK (07 and 011) but I have drove nothing but wranglers and motorcycles for the past 13 years so my idea of comfort may not be the same as others. My other jeeps were cloth but I have the leather seats in the JT so I can't speak to the cloth.

nlicalsi91

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara Tank Green
Depends on your height. I went from a 2014 4runner to a 2015 JKU, The JKU was hands down more comfortable. After sitting in the new JL/JT the seats are much more stiff, just like the 4Runner. The tacoma was too small for me, not enough knee room under the steering wheel. The 4runner will last you 15 years, but if you're already tired of your 2016 JKU, you'll be bored with the 4runner in a few months.

Sponsored

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
Hello all. I'm shopping around between a 4runner, Tacoma, JLU and Gladiator. I had a '16 JKU for a few years, loved it but I'm moving on.

I'm looking for some feedback on the comfort of the Gladiator cloth seats. I'm looking at the Sport S and noticed both the Gladiator and JLU don't look to have much adjustability. Mainly adjustment under the knees, I read the JLU has a pretty flat seat for the most part. I did sit in a JL and could see what others were claiming.

Does anyone have any opinion/feedback to share on general seat comfort during their Gladiator ownership?

Thanks all!
Compared to my F-250 and Ford Raptor there is a lot less adjustability but.... the seating position in the Gladiator for me is near perfect. It`s not like a sports car where you sit in the car in the Gladiator you sit higher and can look over the front hood, very helpful off road and you have a feeling that you have control over the truck, combined with the good seats both cloth and leather i feel that the truck is inspiring and comfortable at the same time. I have a 34 inch inseam and have plenty of leg room i have a deadman pedal and can fully extend my leg or have my leg bent without hitting anything. Some complaining about the lack of headroom do not realize that the seats can be lowered.

Dwosgood

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2000 TJ
I’m at about 1600 miles in my Sport S and have no complaints about the seats. They are comfortable enough for me and they don’t feel too stiff or too soft. If you’re used to or want seats with 400 directions of adjustability, you won’t find that in the JT seats.

Thomas Nace

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2011 Ford Escape, 2002 Honda GL1800
Occupation
Retired
I have the JT Rubicon with the cloth (my preference over leather) and it works fine for me. I'm 5'7" with a 29" inseam. The only thing I need to do due to mobility issues, especially when getting out, is slide the seat back. True I'm sure other vehicles may have more movement and adjustability, bolstering, etc, but for me the seats in the Rubicon are fine.

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
I have the JT Rubicon with the cloth (my preference over leather) and it works fine for me. I'm 5'7" with a 29" inseam. The only thing I need to do due to mobility issues, especially when getting out, is slide the seat back. True I'm sure other vehicles may have more movement and adjustability, bolstering, etc, but for me the seats in the Rubicon are fine.
Cloth all the way for me with the heat and sunlight in SC. Leather is unbearable in the summer here

Sponsored

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
Cloth or leather shouldn't matter from a seating position standpoint

I'm 6'3 with a 32" inseam. I have to drop the seat all the way down but that's true in anything I drive. Lumbar is adjustable to a pretty incredible degree, something my very long back needs.

So far I've driven almost 4 hours non stop and have no complaints. The seats are a bit firm but that may break in, I just crossed 1,000 miles last weekend.

Racer_X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I prefer the seating configuration of the Jeeps in general. I like to sit upright, not leaning back. I didn't get leather seats because I was planning on a seat cover. However, now I'm planning on wearing out the seats and getting new seats since the price of good quality seat covers is only $500 less than getting new leather seats or the seats recovered.

JohnFinx

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1988 Cherokee , 1969 Plymouth Satellite Conv
Occupation
Telecom engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I sat in my overland for the first time and said "Oh yeah...this fits!" I never even adjusted it from the factory. We were made for one another.... Comfy.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
My JT is the first vehicle we've owned that has had cloth seats in probably 20 years. Our other vehicle is a 2018 Acura MDX and although the MDX has power/more adjustment capability, I find the Jeep seating just as comfortable. I'm a thick 6'1 with wide shoulders and don't always sit well in a driver's seats from the back up to the shoulders. I fit great in the Jeep.

Also, I love the cloth...we have our top off all of the time and the cloth doesn't burn your legs like leather can. Spills, however, from our 2 boys are easier to wipe up with leather.
Sponsored