Sponsored

Gladiator Competitor pricing all brands

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
You think the JL is much better than the JK?
For Sure! I think there is night and day difference b/t them. I like both of the JK's I had but the JL is just a step above in every way to me. Got my wife a JLUR with leather, cold weather package (heated seats and steering wheel) infotainment upgrade (alpine and 8.4" screen), Body color fender flares and remote start/ proximity. Best jeep I have ever driven and would take on a road trip anywhere.
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
For Sure! I think there is night and day difference b/t them. I like both of the JK's I had but the JL is just a step above in every way to me. Got my wife a JLUR with leather, cold weather package (heated seats and steering wheel) infotainment upgrade (alpine and 8.4" screen), Body color fender flares and remote start/ proximity. Best jeep I have ever driven and would take on a road trip anywhere.
I like hearing that. I know nothing about the JK or JL, except the JL is newer, so i assume the JT will be similar in interior feel and equal or better ride quality.

Proximity unlock and start is surprisingly amazing. Just keep the keys in my pocket, open up, start, steering wheel toasty warm. Makes for an enjoyable drive in the winter.

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like hearing that. I know nothing about the JK or JL, except the JL is newer, so i assume the JT will be similar in interior feel and equal or better ride quality.

Proximity unlock and start is surprisingly amazing. Just keep the keys in my pocket, open up, start, steering wheel toasty warm. Makes for an enjoyable drive in the winter.
I agree 100% about the proximity not having to keys out to get in and start is great. Funny how the smallest thing can have a big impact.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I agree 100% about the proximity not having to keys out to get in and start is great. Funny how the smallest thing can have a big impact.
There was a post about these trucks becoming theft magnets, but i'm curious. How easy is it to steal one of these vehicles with proximity ignition? Is it easier or harder?

I would assume harder, as you cant just be a meathead with a screwdriver, hammer and vice grips (not sure how many vehicles that worked on). You have to be somewhat of a techie to steal modern cars, no?

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There was a post about these trucks becoming theft magnets, but i'm curious. How easy is it to steal one of these vehicles with proximity ignition? Is it easier or harder?

I would assume harder, as you cant just be a meathead with a screwdriver, hammer and vice grips (not sure how many vehicles that worked on). You have to be somewhat of a techie to steal modern cars, no?[/QUOTEIUt

For sure harder to steal with it. Not impossible but harder or more expensive.

Sponsored

K enny

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

I would assume harder, as you cant just be a meathead with a screwdriver, hammer and vice grips (not sure how many vehicles that worked on). You have to be somewhat of a techie to steal modern cars, no?
It is proximity lock and push button ignition and you need the fob to be in proximity to unlock/start it even with whatever gadget thieves are using to steal them.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Prices came right off of fords website, and the fx4 would compare to rubi. If your looking for offroad package.

Do you really think the FX4 package compares to the Rubicon?? Not even close.

The numbers I quoted (off the Ford website) is a more apples to apples comparison based on capabilities.

OP
OP
Epb1981

Epb1981

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2011 corolla
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant
Do you really think the FX4 package compares to the Rubicon?? Not even close.

The numbers I quoted (off the Ford website) is a more apples to apples comparison based on capabilities.
I understand where you are coming from, but The purpose of my original post was to give base price for each midsize truck in the segment that has 4x4 and the full size crew cab. Because TBH that is what many of us really want in our truck ( 4x4, Crew Cab). Unfortunately The other brands don't offer 4x4 without automatic transmission and power windows. So that is their base with the min. configuration that some of us want.

I think The FX4 package compares directly to the Rubi in the sense that is the marketing on both brands and the Specs on the Rubi will crush that comparison. If Ford ever brings the Ranger Raptor over to the States that will compare to The Hercules ( If the Hercules ever makes production, both only exist in fantasy land right now). The extra's (Soft Top, MPG, Payload, Towing, Storage, Reliability, springs , shocks) that come with each brand will help determine what we buy along with price.

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
I think starting pricing for all trim levels of the Gladiator is going to be within $4k to $5k of the Wrangler Unlimited. So under this prediction the starting MSRP for a Gladiator Sport will be in the range of $35,445 to $36,445. Based upon the pricing of the JL (of which I own a 2018 Rubicon 2 door) it is my opinion that Jeep is transitioning the Wrangler to an upscale SUV/off-road brand. The 2018 Rubicon is a gorgeous, well-designed and built vehicle. The fit and finish on my Rubicon is first-rate - this no longer just some off-road utility vehicle - the on-road handling and ride is vastly improved and amenities offered are bordering on luxurious. Basic impression is this vehicle costs more than JK and its predecessors but it is well-worth it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Epb1981

Epb1981

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2011 corolla
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant
I think starting pricing for all trim levels of the Gladiator is going to be within $4k to $5k of the Wrangler Unlimited. So under this prediction the starting MSRP for a Gladiator Sport will be in the range of $35,445 to $36,445. Based upon the pricing of the JL (of which I own a 2018 Rubicon 2 door) it is my opinion that Jeep is transitioning the Wrangler to an upscale SUV/off-road brand. The 2018 Rubicon is a gorgeous, well-designed and built vehicle. The fit and finish on my Rubicon is first-rate - this no longer just some off-road utility vehicle - the on-road handling and ride is vastly improved and amenities offered are bordering on luxurious. Basic impression is this vehicle costs more than JK and its predecessors but it is well-worth it.
I agree jeep has already moved to take the jl into a more expensive market. At 200k + units a year they can certainly price them out of the first time buyer market. I'm curious if they will bring something for the 20 something year olds who could never afford a 35k vehicle. Seems they are missing a big market. Especially considering they have no competition in that market to just throw the white flag in. I wonder if they could just slap a soft top on the renegade trailhawk and call it a day.
for the JT Sport with zero amennities to start between 35 and 40k. Does not scream luxury to me.... More like Base Work Truck. At that price , Would it be your belief that Jeep only intends on selling the JT to jeep loyal customers? Because to me if they price it out of midsize market then they really have no intention on selling many of these.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
So the JT Sport offered above 33 thousand would be the most expensive base model ever offered by Jeep, priced above the base Grand Cherokee. I can't get there. I'm still thinking JT starts at 29K.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree jeep has already moved to take the jl into a more expensive market. At 200k + units a year they can certainly price them out of the first time buyer market. I'm curious if they will bring something for the 20 something year olds who could never afford a 35k vehicle. Seems they are missing a big market. Especially considering they have no competition in that market to just throw the white flag in. I wonder if they could just slap a soft top on the renegade trailhawk and call it a day.
for the JT Sport with zero amennities to start between 35 and 40k. Does not scream luxury to me.... More like Base Work Truck. At that price , Would it be your belief that Jeep only intends on selling the JT to jeep loyal customers? Because to me if they price it out of midsize market then they really have no intention on selling many of these.
Wouldn't it be a huge blunder to just make this vehicle to canibalize sales from Wrangler? To be effective and pay for retooling, they have to pull sales from other midsize brands. Price it too high and people stick with their base colorado/ranger/canyon/tacoma. Price too high might sway some ridgeline owners that aren't afraid to buy something different.
Sponsored