Sponsored

Gladiator demographics POLL! Why did you buy a Gladiator?

What do you use your JT for?

• Total voters

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Had an '18 JLU Moab edition that I built up and loved but we got a travel trailer and needed something to tow it. Couldn't give up topless and doorless and the gladiator is best of both worlds.
Yeah. but I had to talk fast to explain to my wife why I thought we should go out for a drive topless..... I don't think I'll even mention many drive their Gladiators naked.
Sponsored

Munkey Boy

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3, '79 CJ5, '21 JT Sport S manual.
Occupation
Camp Maintenance
I chose the JT because it's the pure LEGO truck. It does most everything, can be modded to suit any need, and doesn't mince words about it. It's a truck, gets gas mileage like a truck, and it makes no apologies for it. So, for me, it would be very difficult to NOT check "all of the above" to some extent. I won't haul a pallet of 5/8" x 12' drywall in the bed, but I can throw the dog in there without worrying about throwing the dog in there. And there's no denying the cool factor. Cool always trumps practicality, with the Gladiator, ya get both in spades.

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
Always wanted a wrangler because convertible, 4x4, winter vehicle and just plain cool. Always bought trucks because it seemed more practical. Gladiator checks all the boxes now and it can tow my boat or any other silly toy I might end up with. I came from a Tundra and appreciate that The Gladiator is more maneuverable and easier in and out of the garage too. most Of my home renovations are done and if the small bed li itā€™s me for something in the future Iā€™ll pay for delivery or buy something to insert in my tow hitch to carry longer stuff. Itā€™s all around awesome I just hope it remains dependable

Sponsored

JohnFinx

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1988 Cherokee , 1969 Plymouth Satellite Conv
Occupation
Telecom engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I needed a truck, wife and I also wanted a Jeep, we both like convertibles, mix thoroughly and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.....Gladiator. Ta Daa!

BRB Gladi8r

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Carpenter
Always wanted a Jeep, I'm a carpenter who works for a private contractor. Gladiator perfect for hauling most of my tools around and the our trailer. First Jeep

IamWardicus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently Driving: Sport S Max Tow Gladiator in Sting-Gray
Occupation
Management in a retail setting
I have wanted a truck as well as a convertible and the Gladiator was the all in one choice. Now I have a convertible that can do the occasional bit of hauling things in a topless vehicle from Costco without being ā€œthat idiotā€.

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
Wanted an off road capable rig that has more comfort for day and longer trips than my YJ. We also tow a Tentrax trailer on the trail.

Also had a Ram 3500 DRW that hadn't been really used in years for any serious loads, but still needed a pickup for the shop........

Did some building on a JTR for a client and thought it was pretty cool, just lacked low end torque. I thought to myself....should they ever put a more powerful Power Plant under the hood......might be the perfect rig.

Sold the Ram and ordered the JTRD!

AJ-MJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
I need a truck or I have had a truck for hauling stuff for a very long time. I also hunt & fish extensively......So I need a 4X4. I have driven the Gladiator a lot as a daily driver over the last year and a half. (but I am retired). My second vehicle is a Grand Cherokee. My wife has a sedan. I have wanted the Gladiator since the original concept. (like 2003). I have owned 7-8 jeeps so it just makes perfect sense to buy a Gladiator. I am pleased so far.

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Ditto "saw the green original and was waiting 15 years" crowd. I went resto on an old gladiator, best decision ever. Got the bench seat, long bed, 2dr jeep truck that I wanted. Set of fog lights and some sprinkler style wiper upgrade and I'm about done with the build. Oh, and a vintage wood frame for my sirius boom box hi-fi stereo system.

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
Same here, bought a brand new 87 Comanche short box Sportruck (their spelling) loaded with options and accessories, light bar, lights, you name it, it had it, T5 stick, then went to Cherokee for a while (got married again) and have had numerous Grand Cherokees, likely every model they made (still have two of those) and I saw a JT in a showroom and told my wife - I want one...... that was that.
SporTruck with a capital "T" in the middle.
and a 4.0 liter In-line Six that would pull you straight up a tree!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
SporTruck with a capital "T" in the middle.
and a 4.0 liter In-line Six that would pull you straight up a tree!
oops, yeah, forgot to hit the shift key when I hit the T. Charcoal gray metallic clear coat. I used that truck to pull anhydrous tanks into the fields in the fall. LOVED that truck, really wish I still had it. I also had a ton of Alpine high-end stereo equipment in it - 8 speakers plus 2 subs, 2 amps, etc.

I have a 4.0 in my 82 SX4 and a 4.0 in my 04 WJ
The 4.0 in my Eagle SX4, I shaved the head .024" and MOPAR performance springs, Harland-Sharp roller aluminum rockers, Comp Xtreme 4x4 cam, etc.
Sponsored