Sponsored

Gladiator demographics POLL! Why did you buy a Gladiator?

What do you use your JT for?

• Total voters

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
You left out for a choice "I just love Jeeps but also needed a truck and always wanted a Wrangler, too......."
Sunriver.

That's me, but already had a wrangler.
Sponsored

GEETCH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Navy
Vehicle Showcase
I personally got the truck for a few reasons, as most have here as well. Itā€™s my first jeep, I had a Tacoma that I used for hunting, camping and off roading. However I wanted to get on some more serious trails, but I knew my Taco in its current form couldnā€™t handle where I wanted to take it.

I developed a build plan for the Taco, researching gears, axles, beefing up the IFS etc. by chance before a deployment I picked up a off roading magazine in Aug 2019 and seen an article about the Gladiator. To be honest at first I thought it was a joke.

Got online and started researching, developing that into a full blown obsession lol. Sold the Taco and ordered the Gladi. Canā€™t wait to pick her up this March. Itā€™s been a very anticipated delivery. Also with my pops garage filling up with parts canā€™t wait to start the build, and Iā€™ll create my build thread starting in April.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve always wanted a Jeep. I remember being a young boy obsessed with drawing Jeeps rolling over various stuff - hills, mountains, and of course, other vehicles. I used to draw Evil Kenivel jumps too (he was big back in those days).

As I grew up, raising kids and such, getting a Jeep never made sense. Similarly, having a pickup truck would have been great, but it just wasnā€™t practical at the time.

Well, enter the Gladiator... a Jeep AND a truck?!? So, here I am in my early 50s... loving a vehicle like no other (well, my Challenger was a close second).
Me the same, except here I am in my early 70's

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve always wanted a Jeep. I remember being a young boy obsessed with drawing Jeeps rolling over various stuff - hills, mountains, and of course, other vehicles. I used to draw Evil Kenivel jumps too (he was big back in those days).

As I grew up, raising kids and such, getting a Jeep never made sense. Similarly, having a pickup truck would have been great, but it just wasnā€™t practical at the time.

Well, enter the Gladiator... a Jeep AND a truck?!? So, here I am in my early 50s... loving a vehicle like no other (well, my Challenger was a close second).
At this stage of my life I wanted to fulfill my dream of owning a Jeep and with the big dog, I wanted to have a camper shell to cover the bed to give him the ride he deserves. So the Gladiator Rubicon was the perfect fit. I am on the build now (awaiting missing JRCOffroad upper brackets for the left side) before venturing into the wild world of AEV Front Bumpers and Rock Hard rear bumpers.

Glad Build 1.jpg

Glad Build 2.jpg

Glad Build 3.jpg

Glad Build 4.jpg

Atticus on wall.jpg

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
At this stage of my life I wanted to fulfill my dream of owning a Jeep and with the big dog, I wanted to have a camper shell to cover the bed to give him the ride he deserves. So the Gladiator Rubicon was the perfect fit. I am on the build now (awaiting missing JRCOffroad upper brackets for the left side) before venturing into the wild world of AEV Front Bumpers and Rock Hard rear bumpers.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator demographics POLL! Why did you buy a Gladiator? Atticus on wall

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator demographics POLL! Why did you buy a Gladiator? Atticus on wall

For those who use the bed for thier big dog, I put a Black Armour (heavy recycled tire) pad under the Bed Rug over pad for added comfort. Atticus loves it.

Sponsored

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(ordered) 2021 Gladiator Willys
My Outback is the best damn winter vehicle I have ever owned, but if I'm being honest with myself.... it's also the most boring vehicle ever. I wanted a summer toy, and was weighing whether or not I buy a truck for offroading and hauling, or a Miata for weekend top-down driving..... then BAM! Jeep announces the Gladiator! I get to have it all in one purchase!

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I have wanted a truck as well as a convertible and the Gladiator was the all in one choice. Now I have a convertible that can do the occasional bit of hauling things in a topless vehicle from Costco without being ā€œthat idiotā€.
Ditto.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer

bolingde

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladitor
I'm retired and live at the beach so "daily driver" is kind of a reach. I've had it over a year and only have a little over 7k on it.

But it is the one i take if not in the golf cart or wife's vehicle.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I'm retired and live at the beach so "daily driver" is kind of a reach. I've had it over a year and only have a little over 7k on it.
Retired and living on an NC beach? Man, a hard life, I feel for you. ;)

Sponsored

Toadster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
I wanted a Jeep to tow behind my motor home, and to use as a daily driver. Having never had a Jeep before, I was surprised at how hard it would be to get passengers in the back seat. That got me looking at four door Jeeps, then I saw the Gladiators, and I was sold on the idea because I havenā€™t had a pickup in over twenty years.

NightFog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
The GF saw a red Gladiator and said "I want one". I tried dealing on a few red ones and now she changes her mind and said she wants Punk'n one. After searching for a month I finally stuck a deal on Punk'n Rubcon, in May. Because of covid, the Gladiator being at my other house in the Pacific Northwest, and me being stuck in the Midwest with no desire to fly, I've yet to even see the Gladiator. At least, I still have my Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. lol

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I saw the Gladiators, I was sold on the idea because I havenā€™t had a pickup in over twenty years.
I had a pickup for the last 16 years, and a convertible for the 4 years prior to that. Now both together!

foxwalkhq

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Software Engineer
Curious as to what everyone is doing with their JT?
Obviously I haven't bought mine yet but I say all of the above except work truck. I've always wanted a Jeep but also a pickup truck is very useful, but I am not rich so I can't really afford to get both a Wrangler and a pickup truck so there ya go.

Also love nature and camping so the rooftop tent idea of being always able to camp anywhere you need/want to is pretty cool.

I'm gonna be getting a Mojave because I prefer to go fast. Every one of my cars has always been a sports car and so I think with my Jeep I would rather go fast rather than have a Jeep that is tuned to go slow. I plan to add sway bar disconnects and a front locker if needed to do better at the rock crawling, but I see rock crawling more as "when needed" rather than on purpose for fun..
Sponsored