Sponsored

Gladiator demographics POLL! Why did you buy a Gladiator?

What do you use your JT for?

• Total voters
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland Gladiator
Occupation
See my user name!! LOL!
Hello everyone, I'm new to the Gladiator forum! Just stopping by to say hi. Long time Jeep driver. I've had multiple jeeps over the past 40 years and have loved them all!

Why did I buy a Gladiator? Easy, because I had an 1981 Jeep Scrambler (CJ-8) that I drove for 25 years. I finally sold it to my brother in-law in 2009. I've missed it ever since. So when Jeep finally settled on their pickup design I was "all in". Bought our Overland Gladiator in March of last year.
Sponsored

Boz

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Sport S Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
We had a Ram 2500 diesel 4x4 to tow a 35' fifth wheel trailer, and sold the trailer a few years ago. Didn't need the Ram for towing anymore, and it mostly sat in the driveway. Finally bought a motorhome, sold the Ram, and bought the JT to tow behind it and for occasional use hauling stuff.

snide

First Name
Big Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator
Need a truck, want a convertible. Traded a '19 RAM 1500 Crew Cab and an '18 Camaro convertible for my JT Sport S with a soft top. I love this truck!

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
These kind of polls are interesting because the more I experience this vehicle (my first Jeep and first truck), the more I realize Jeep really "has something" here.

There was a Gator JT with Armory wheels and its tops were off at a local coffee shop yesterday and I said aloud, "man that thing looks f*cking awesome." It's just a breath of fresh automotive air when 85% of other vehicles on the road look the same. Going forward, I honestly can't imagine driving anything else.

Burton79

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT
Occupation
Federal Government
I wanted to finally get a truck that was not signed out to me by the government, but I also wanted a Jeep. Right when I was in the beginnings of thinking about the new truck Jeep Released news of “The Scrambler” so I just waited. Now I’m happy with what I’m building from the factory.

Sponsored

jenkij

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Always had 2 door wranglers, didn't like the unlimited at all but wanted extra room and tow capacity.

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
I prefer the 2 door Wrangler as well but family needs supersede what I want. Maybe when I win the lottery, I can have the 2 door Wrangler as my own fun car.

Bobbyfanman17

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep Gladiator
Love jeeps and love pickup trucks. Have had several of both through the years. Traded my 2015 truck in for a 2017 Wrangler. I missed having a pickup truck so I traded my Wrangler in for a 2018 pickup truck. Missed having a jeep, but knew I still needed a pickup, so the Gladiator was a no-brainer for me. Traded my 2018 pickup truck in for a new 2021 Gladiator the week after Christmas and absolutely LOVE it. So happy.

Chocolyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR Sarge Green MT
Occupation
Technical Sales / Security
Toyota won't sell the 70 series Land Cruiser here and I wanted a convertible too. 4 Tacoma's, 1 60 series LC and this will be my first Jeep. Can't wait, due early March.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator demographics POLL! Why did you buy a Gladiator? 1611017695169

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Love the look of the pick up lifted and wanted one ever since it was announced. The four door JLUR I had always felt temporary for that reason. Never missed it much and got rid of it the moment the diesel was available !

from a practical sense the gladiator is nearly unbeatable if you like the outdoors and are not a hardcore rock crawler. My $.02. If it wasn’t available I think I’d end up buying a power wagon. I love the fact it’s narrow — really let’s you get in tighter trails where the power wagon would have been an issue.

Sponsored

Broncosfan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 1992 Jeep Cherokee
I wanted a Jeep Gladiator since the article came out in JP magazine. We had a 94' Wrangler sold it too small for a family. Had a Cherokee and a Comanche that we still have. Liked the new Gladiator. Mom and Stepdad passed in 2020. Just looked like a way to spend some of my inherence on something that I wanted and now totally love driving! I'm really glad I did and got the Punkin. I get a lot of comments and there are very few around. So our Jeep family tradition continues.

betsy

First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 jk rubicon hard rock 2dr ,2020 jt gladiator
I wanted a truck when I retired, and I got one, I have had wranglers for over 20 years, missed having a truck

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
You left off "I wanted a convertible but also have a family"

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
You left off "I wanted a convertible but also have a family"
There are convertibles that'll hold a family but good luck carrying any luggage for a trip.
Sponsored