Sponsored

Gladiator demographics POLL! Why did you buy a Gladiator?

What do you use your JT for?

• Total voters

jenkij

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I missed my JKR that I got rid of for a truck, then JT comes along
Sponsored

Bantam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Had to get rid of my JKU to get a full-size truck (went with an F150) while the wife and I were renovating our house. At this point, for those following the Jeep news and forums it was well known that the Wrangler was getting redone for 2018 and there were pretty strong notions that there would be a truck sometime after, but still a rumor.

Decided to swap the JKU before the JLU was common knowledge and get the best resale, and was hoping to keep the F150 only until the Jeep Truck was officially announced...which took longer than Iā€™d have liked but glad it did come to fruition.

The JT tows my camper better than the JKU and I also have a bed to haul lumber and bulkier items when I need to.

it_trailblzr

First Name
Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO
Occupation
Social Extrovert
I wanted a truck, and my wife pointed out the "fun factor" of the JT, so I was sold AMERICAN!

Abnmarine

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland
Occupation
Retired
Love Jeeps and recently purchased a RPod camper that weighs 3,500 lbs loaded. My 2020 JLU Willys with the 2.0 turbo towed it fine but I knew that I was at its limits and had concerns of towing long term.
My wife always loved the Gladiator and initially I didnā€™t like them but they grew on me. I also wanted a ecodiesel so when I found a Overland with over 5k off in discounts I decided to get my feelings hurt with what they would offer me for my trade in. Surprisingly they gave me $34k for the JLU. I bought it for $39k and put over 20k miles on it. They also let me remove all of my added parts which I transferred to the Gladiator.
I was pretty happy with the deal and absolutely love the Overland/diesel combination.

Rubi_Rhod

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR 6MT, '55 Manx Clone Bug
Build Thread
Link
I couldnā€™t find else thatā€™s as fun and as practical as a convertible 4x4 with a bed. And it matches the open top outdoor fun of my buggy too. Which also had to be gotten because it too has a mini pickup bed. And as a hobby wrencher, itā€™s a primo platform to mod.

The price for all this was quite dear, but itā€™s half the price of the Brute, which I dreamed of for years, so itā€™s almost a bargain!

FBB7C86A-FA11-415D-83FF-6701A64AC9F9.jpeg

Sponsored

MadManMoheenid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE & 1958 Chevy Apache
Jeeps are basically a member of our family. Even my wife grew up driving a CJ-7, as her daily driver. I had been following the fact that jeep was supposed to come out with a truck for about 5 years (listening to rumors, supposed spy photos, etc) so I was all about pulling the trigger as soon as I heard about the Launch Edition. I use it as a work truck, daily driver, weekend warrior, I have pulled our 22' Airstream about 20k miles back and forth across the US, with it and I am currently getting it kitted-out for an overlanding vehicle.
Sponsored