First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Max Tow
Occupation
Operations tech
All North American spec Gladiator hoods are aluminum. All Export spec are Steel (euro, Middle East and Australia) due to pedestrian safety laws.

also the Mojave hood is Aluminum, I have a damaged one at work and it’s 100% aluminum.
All North American spec Gladiator hoods are aluminum. All Export spec are Steel (euro, Middle East and Australia) due to pedestrian safety laws.

also the Mojave hood is Aluminum, I have a damaged one at work and it’s 100% aluminum.
JTRUBI,

Would you be able to advise where I could purchase a American hood that is aluminum? Most of the sites I look at say steel.

Sponsored

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
JTRUBI,

Would you be able to advise where I could purchase a American hood that is aluminum? Most of the sites I look at say steel.

Hey,

So I work at a dealership and when our body shop ordered a new hood it was an aluminum replacement. The hood was pretty light to lift so I’m not sure if steel was used in other Mojave hoods but I know this one was aluminum for sure and when they ordered the new one it was aluminum.
My buddy who is reusing the damaged hood is repairing it right now.
Honestly I haven’t seen a single steel Mojave hood yet but we have a few coming in the next month so I can check if the hood has been changed.

MHayes

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 1952 VW Beetle 11G
I have a 2021 Mojave built on 12/21/2020......the hood is steel.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
I think the Mojave and 392 Wrangler hoods are steel to support the weight of the Hydroglide air intake system which is currently on the 392 Wrangler and hopefully coming to the Mojave someday!
I live in the woods with an 800 foot drive up hill to my home, my wifes JL Wrangler and my Aluminum Ford F-250 company truck both have dents in hood from acorns or hickory nuts, so I do like the steel hood!
The reason for a steel hood sounds good to me , I am waiting to see a 392 hood to see what the air system loojs like, supposed to be neato!.....Jack

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
My JK hood got pretty dinged up from acorns, pretty sure it was steel. PDR was able to get them all out pretty easily.

Sponsored

REDBEAST

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2017 Jaguar F-Type SVR
Occupation
Retired
The rubicon hood is steel. The shipping weight of the hood is 29lbs. That does not seem real heavy to me.

there are a ton of aftermarket hoods available. Google search will give you lots of options.
I have a 2020 LE Rubicon and that hood is definitely aluminum. In fact, all the body panels forward of the bed except for the "A" and "B" pillars are either aluminum or composite.

unixxx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave, Grand Cherokee SRT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
I looking for some information on Gladiator Hoods. I am wanting to get a Rubicon hood for my Sport S Max Tow. However I believe that my hood is aluminum - Can anyone confirm Gladiator hoods are Aluminum. Second - I am looking for where I can buy a OEM Rubicon hood that is Aluminum as well to save on weight. an anyone help?
My Magnet won't stick to it so Aluminum! Not Plastic YET!!
Sponsored