First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADON RN
Anybody even remotely concerned with the added length of the Gladiator compared to the JL? I’m not liking 220”, but maybe in person it’s not as long as I’m imagining. Is it a boat in person?
Sponsored

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
at least it wont be as wide as a full size that should help

reedred

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Geraldine
I wasn't, but now that you made me realize it's 8 inches longer than a Navigator maybe I should be!

Both of my cars now are really small, so it'll just be something to get used to when I'm parking or changing lanes.

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
As long as it carries plywood, I'm good with it! Anyway, it not the JT, I was thinking Taco or F150 4-door long bed, so length is ok with me.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
As long as it carries plywood, I'm good with it! Anyway, it not the JT, I was thinking Taco or F150 4-door long bed, so length is ok with me.
I'd be more concerned about to much girth than length. :CWL:

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
at least it wont be as wide as a full size that should help
I'm looking forward to that actually. My Silverado I have to fold in the mirrors and still only have about 3 inches of clearance on each side going in the garage. It will be a simple pleasure to just pull in.

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
Gladiator is 218 inches long
2018 Ram crew cab short bed is 229 inches long
The gladiator is 11 inches shorter than a full size which doesn't sound like alot but can make a difference, at least in parking.

Gladiators width is 73.8 inches wide.
Rams 1500 width is 84.6 inches wide.
The Gladiator is 10.8 inches narrower than the ram 1500

If you ask me the Gladiators proportions aren't too big and nothing to worry about. It is bigger than most midsize trucks but definitely not a full size.

Sponsored

pilotpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7 & 2020 Bright White Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator :)
I have a 2015 F150 Super Crew Short Box. Never had a problem parking it and the JT is about 11” shorter and about 8” skinnier. Can’t wait to pull in the garage with ease! Turning radius should be much better but then again it won’t be as tight as my 79 CJ7! Can’t wait!!

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Perfect size for me. Looked fantastic in person. For comparison the Tacoma Crew LB is 225" long and the Colorado long bed is 224. Granted they have another foot of bed length but the JT really adds between 4 and 6 inches of rear legroom over the other competitors. So your extra length is really rear leg and cargo room. I’d prefer to have the best of both worlds. The extra legroom and another 6 inches added to the bed. However, I get Jeep did not want to further compromise the departure angle.

Last edited:

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Gladiator is 218 inches long
2018 Ram crew cab short bed is 229 inches long
The gladiator is 11 inches shorter than a full size which doesn't sound like alot but can make a difference, at least in parking.

Gladiators width is 73.8 inches wide.
Rams 1500 width is 84.6 inches wide.
The Gladiator is 10.8 inches narrower than the ram 1500

If you ask me the Gladiators proportions aren't too big and nothing to worry about. It is bigger than most midsize trucks but definitely not a full size.
It still feels & looks like it's "right sized" for my needs. When crawling around it at the car show, it feels like the same size trucks were when I was growing up. All the new full size trucks are friggin ginormous. My current 2008 WK is the same length (if not longer) when I add in the rear bike carrier folded down. (bikes will ride in the bed of the JT). The Gladiator will give me much better space for hauling my outdoorsy crap (& dogs), but will be a real Jeep. Not a crawler, but a go camping anywhere Jeep. And I do plan to run the Rubicon with it... Top down, sunglasses on, workplace getting smaller and smaller in the mirrors... :rock::rock::rock:

Last edited:
OP
OP
starrsRN

starrsRN

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADON RN
This is all good info. I was just looking at specs the other day of the ZR2, and taco and noted the gladiator length being what I thought was 220”. I think with the doors and top off it gives the gladiator a longer looking appearance. Test drive will prove a lot. Here’s to waiting haha.

SFC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 JK Wrangler Unlimited Sport, 2000 XJ Cherokee
This is all good info. I was just looking at specs the other day of the ZR2, and taco and noted the gladiator length being what I thought was 220”. I think with the doors and top off it gives the gladiator a longer looking appearance. Test drive will prove a lot. Here’s to waiting haha.
I saw it person and it’s not that bad at all. 218 inches is approx 30 inches longer the the JLU. Should be easy to park and pull into a garage without issue. Don’t worry.
Sponsored