First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys Gobi Manual Soft top
Occupation
Safety Admin Manager; USN CPO Retired
That was the best and most capable 4X4 I've ever owned, and I've owned three jeeps, Isuzu Troopers, and five Tacomas since 1968. Yours looks flawless, congratulations. I was a Sgt, then WO1, but decided to go back to college. Sometimes I wish I would have stayed in for the pension, but Vietnam burned me out. This is what they looked like new.

my73cj5.jpg
My dad sold his 68 Bronco and bought a brand new 75 Cj5 in that exact color and trim. His was a 232 6cyl but he had no choice as he had a long commute to work every day. I do miss rolling around in the back of that thing at 5 years old. No back seat or roll bar pads back then, just bumps and bruises all over your head.
Sponsored

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
My dad sold his 68 Bronco and bought a brand new 75 Cj5 in that exact color and trim. His was a 232 6cyl but he had no choice as he had a long commute to work every day. I do miss rolling around in the back of that thing at 5 years old. No back seat or roll bar pads back then, just bumps and bruises all over your head.
Yeah, I had the same engine. I rebuilt it once in the 15 years I had it when I got laid off in the early 80s, and it got me through grad school and all the fieldwork I had to do, and run at Rubicon in about 74 I think. My daughter, who must be about your age feels the same way. She only buys Jeeps now. Has a Compass at this point.

Willypug

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys Gobi Manual Soft top
Occupation
Safety Admin Manager; USN CPO Retired
Yeah, I had the same engine. I rebuilt it once in the 15 years I had it when I got laid off in the early 80s, and it got me through grad school and all the fieldwork I had to do, and run at Rubicon in about 74 I think. My daughter, who must be about your age feels the same way. She only buys Jeeps now. Has a Compass at this point.
He ended up stripping it down and changed the color, had one of the first hard tops in NC for it and then the year before I got my license he sold it to a cousin of his. He said I would have killed myself in it if I got and he was probably right.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
He ended up stripping it down and changed the color, had one of the first hard tops in NC for it and then the year before I got my license he sold it to a cousin of his. He said I would have killed myself in it if I got and he was probably right.
Well, I survived a few hairy situations, including some with my daughter along.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
But what a way to go!

Sponsored

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Happened to me while my wife’s car was in the shop and we had a GMC Terrain for a rental.
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator MEME’s 310432835_10160498158849916_7505107476977425913_n
Oh something similar over last few weeks.... driving a friend's truck(s) back from getting a service done.