Sponsored

Gladiator Q4 2019 sales numbers out - thoughts?

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
It may be regional, but the GC around here is far more common than any other "SUV" out there (those that call themselves SUVs but sit closer to the ground than my Eagle? LOL. They'd get hung up on bird crap on the road)
Seriously, you see more Jeep Grand Cherokee around here than anything else. I see more of the 90s GCs than I see Toyota SUVs.
Likely regional, and I don't really care, as long as they make a product I like, enjoy, have great luck with, and honor the warranty.
We used to call Jeep the official vehicle of central Iowa.
In case you go vintage:like:

th.jpeg

Jeep-FC-150-van.jpg
thats what I’m talkin bout!
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
In case you go vintage:like:

th.jpeg

Jeep-FC-150-van.jpg
Where do you get all this cool stuff? A collector of vintage ads and other Jeep stuff?
Fantastic stuff.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Where do you get all this cool stuff? A collector of vintage ads and other Jeep stuff?
Fantastic stuff.
All these braniacs on here give secret clues they don't even know about. So you cut and paste member quotes like "forward control jeep" into Google and Wala, there's a hundred pictures of them! A year ago I didn't even know about those contraptions or that they were Jeep's. Now I understand that I just insulted three FC afficionados on here by calling them contraptions. Well, they are contraptions damnit! :CWL::LOL::LOL::CWL:

Sponsored

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
In NE it looks like the Rubicon prices are coming down. A dealer near me has been sitting on TWO Launch Editions and has them marked down $5K now.

All I am seeing on the road are Sports S. Most dealers have the original Rubicons that the received a few months ago. As stated early, they were all order to come in around $60K, and they aren't moving.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
In NE it looks like the Rubicon prices are coming down. A dealer near me has been sitting on TWO Launch Editions and has them marked down $5K now.

All I am seeing on the road are Sports S. Most dealers have the original Rubicons that the received a few months ago. As stated early, they were all order to come in around $60K, and they aren't moving.
I'm STILL not seeing them on the road. The service writer I spoke with this AM said they don't have many on the lot - and, they've not sold any (period, of any level). They simply aren't selling around here.
During the last three days I saw ONE Jeep commercial. It briefly showed the Gladiator but seemed to concentrate on the other models and at the end when they showed the line-up of models - you had to look hard to see the Gladiator was there and different - otherwise with the same front end as Wrangler, it didn't stick out as a truck, So, literally, you had to be a Jeep person and LOOKING for the JT to be there like I did, or you'll not see it.
Ford and Chevy and Toyota ads outnumbered Jeep ads by at least 3 to 1 - 3 Toyota ads, 3 Chevy ads, 3 Ford ads to 1 Jeep ad.

Mabar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
What are the chances the Gladiator becomes a single production year run? Seems like a waste but would make those out there fairly valuable down the road.
I would guess zero chance!

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I'm STILL not seeing them on the road. The service writer I spoke with this AM said they don't have many on the lot - and, they've not sold any (period, of any level). They simply aren't selling around here.
During the last three days I saw ONE Jeep commercial. It briefly showed the Gladiator but seemed to concentrate on the other models and at the end when they showed the line-up of models - you had to look hard to see the Gladiator was there and different - otherwise with the same front end as Wrangler, it didn't stick out as a truck, So, literally, you had to be a Jeep person and LOOKING for the JT to be there like I did, or you'll not see it.
Ford and Chevy and Toyota ads outnumbered Jeep ads by at least 3 to 1 - 3 Toyota ads, 3 Chevy ads, 3 Ford ads to 1 Jeep ad.
I have seen ONE Jeep JT LE, one Rubicon, two Sports, since late October. Despite 2 dealerships telling me these are flying off the lots.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
I have seen ONE Jeep JT LE, one Rubicon, two Sports, since late October. Despite 2 dealerships telling me these are flying off the lots.
We drove about 20 hrs over the holidays (interstate) across 4 states & back, only saw 1 on the road.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
You seen more than me as I have seen just one Sport and one Rubicon. The lots have been full of them here in Katy and Surrounding Houston prices have been high and are still high at a lot of the lots. They have dropped on some of the basis sport models with the packages no one wants. I drive about 60 miles each way to work and take varying routes depending on traffic and I just haven't been seeing any one the roads around here. I guess in places where there are more mountains, deserts, etc for off roading and other options they might be hotter sales. Here you just gonna use them to ride around with the top off, general hauling or to pull your boat. Rams, Chevy and Ford full size are everywhere. Plus lots of Jeep Wranglers.
I guess though in a city of 4 million plus however many have been sold around here unless its a really large amount are not going to stick out much and be seen a lot.

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
All these braniacs on here give secret clues they don't even know about. So you cut and paste member quotes like "forward control jeep" into Google and Wala, there's a hundred pictures of them! A year ago I didn't even know about those contraptions or that they were Jeep's. Now I understand that I just insulted three FC afficionados on here by calling them contraptions. Well, they are contraptions damnit! :CWL::LOL::LOL::CWL:
I saw my first FC Jeep truck in the late 60s, a famous Western Landscape artist had one with a frame mounted camper on in in-place of the bed. He had a big custom box on the back to hold his canvases, and used the FC Jeep to drive to remote desert areas in east SoCal, Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico. He was in his 30s when I met him, I really liked his qFC Jeep setup, he even added a pass through where the cab back window was.
Cheers

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I saw my first FC Jeep truck in the late 60s, a famous Western Landscape artist had one with a frame mounted camper on in in-place of the bed. He had a big custom box on the back to hold his canvases, and used the FC Jeep to drive to remote desert areas in east SoCal, Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico. He was in his 30s when I met him, I really liked his qFC Jeep setup, he even added a pass through where the cab back window was.
Cheers
Did you get any artwork? Did he include the truck?

OP
OP
aj8544

aj8544

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR,2018 Wrangler JLU 2.0, 2018 F150
So I test drove a Rebel today...partly for fun, partly to make sure I wasn't missing anything before I totally decide on the JT. It was great, had the black appearance package, rebel 12, level 2 equipment group, panoramic roof etc... basically fully loaded. Super comfortable, seat better than my favorite spot on the couch. The hemi sounded great- a very welcome change from my ecoboost, and power was awesome-first Ram I've driven since they put the 8 speed in them. MSRP was around 62, advertised price after rebates was 53 (up 1,000 from the deals offered before Jan 1).

But it was kinda boring. It didn't feel nearly as cool or fun as the JTR I tried a while back, and I saw 2 other rebels on the road during the test drive (neither of which gave me a rebel wave???). Afterwards I couldn't help but think that I would initially love the Rebel, but most likely become bored with it after a year or 2, just like every other 1/2 ton that I've owned. Also, while the sport hood on the rebel looks sweet, I realized driving it that it wouldn't be nearly as easy to maneuver off-road, and in parking lots for that matter due to lack of visibility.

I think Im starting to better understand the value of the JT for myself. Need to stop thinking of it in terms of pounds of steel, horsepower etc... and look at the driving experience and enjoyment more.

The dealership I visited was one location of a very large dealership group (3 largest locations are CDJR), and per the sales manager I spoke with they haven't sold a single JT from that location. He said the only way they have left the lot was in dealer trades, and they took a different vehicle back in return for the JT each time. He stated they are basically treating them as "click bait"- they have had people come in the door to look at them, and left with something else- usually a Ram- every time. In his words "I just can't see how they are asking so much money for these". This is the same dealership where I have purchased several vehicles, my wife's JL included, so I do trust their opinion slightly more than the average dealer. On the plus side I did see one JT sport in a driveway on my way home.
Sponsored