JRobes

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
I have yet to see anyone post pictures of an actual build of this package. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more attention honestly.
Sponsored

Burton79

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT
Occupation
Federal Government
I got my sticker today. Dealer says it’s supposed to be in tomorrow, 03/03. Hopefully I’ll be able to pick it up and throw some pictures up here for any who want to see it outside of cgi pictures.

MHayes

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 1952 VW Beetle 11G

Sponsored

OP
OP
JRobes

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
I noticed it had flag decals near the fender vents, and something embroidered on the seat. Also a badge on the rear. Otherwise nothing else stood out as markedly different besides the steel bumpers.

NYC-4X4

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 21 JT Past: 97 ZJ, 14 JKU, 18 WK2
This package originally interested me. I priced out a Sport S and Freedom, both with Max Tow and some other options. The Freedom came out to $3500 more than the Sport S. One difference is that the Popular Equipment Package is not available on the Freedom, which adds a little cost to it by paying for those options separately.

In terms of the badging, decals and stuff it’s not for me, but I could always take those off, aside from the cheesy “OSCAR MIKE” embroidered on the seats. The seats are only leather on the sides, so if you want leather, it’s a waste. I was fine with cloth. The carbon wheels are still too light for my liking; I got the black wheels on my Sport S. Next, the steel bumpers and rails are nice. Someone mentioned it’s ideal for someone wanting a sport with Rubicon take-offs, but the nice thing about those is you can get them for cheap, instead of paying the factory price, so again a waste. Lastly, the LED head and fog lights, again great, but there’s cheaper aftermarket ones. Someone above said they were even changing the LEDs in this package to Oracle, which really doesn’t justify the package. And, the included LEDs forces the safety group, so there’s another grand if you didn’t need that.

It may be perfect for some, but basing it solely on the cost, I wouldn’t consider it a good deal. Would FCA go out of their way to offer a package to save the consumer money? No, they throw some flashy stickers and steel on there and upcharge it as a “package” with a cool name. If everything included in this, that is not in a Sport S, were all must-haves and not to be replaced (aftermarket lights, bumpers, sliders, seats, decals), again, it could be the perfect build for some. That $3500 will go a long way for me on my Sport S.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Just out of curiosity, what gives it a strong military theme throughout? I ask because I looked at the pictures in the link and just don't see it.
Just out of curiosity, what gives it a strong military theme throughout? I ask because I looked at the pictures in the link and just don't see it.
It has the Oscar Mike sticker on the back, giant star on the hood, Freedom flag on the fender with the darker outline, and Oscar Mike stitched into the seat.

I think a Sport S with take out leather seats from an overland, rubicon, or Mojave, along with adding LEDs, Steel Bumpers, and Rubicon wheel take offs would get you a little better rig if you were into all the mods. If not the Freedom Edition works to get the LED, steel bumpers, Max tow if you want, better rims than sport, and leather/cloth seats with rear arm rear.

10B5B0E8-539E-4E4B-A537-0D2DA1868C8D.png

4B9AC1CD-81D1-4C79-AFB9-0856FCD2DB67.png

944A3017-D0F9-4BF8-8B4D-E84DF74EBB99.png

5F4605CA-6C03-42E0-8803-44C418029AD9.png

Matt84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
This package originally interested me. I priced out a Sport S and Freedom, both with Max Tow and some other options. The Freedom came out to $3500 more than the Sport S. One difference is that the Popular Equipment Package is not available on the Freedom, which adds a little cost to it by paying for those options separately.

In terms of the badging, decals and stuff it’s not for me, but I could always take those off, aside from the cheesy “OSCAR MIKE” embroidered on the seats. The seats are only leather on the sides, so if you want leather, it’s a waste. I was fine with cloth. The carbon wheels are still too light for my liking; I got the black wheels on my Sport S. Next, the steel bumpers and rails are nice. Someone mentioned it’s ideal for someone wanting a sport with Rubicon take-offs, but the nice thing about those is you can get them for cheap, instead of paying the factory price, so again a waste. Lastly, the LED head and fog lights, again great, but there’s cheaper aftermarket ones. Someone above said they were even changing the LEDs in this package to Oracle, which really doesn’t justify the package. And, the included LEDs forces the safety group, so there’s another grand if you didn’t need that.

It may be perfect for some, but basing it solely on the cost, I wouldn’t consider it a good deal. Would FCA go out of their way to offer a package to save the consumer money? No, they throw some flashy stickers and steel on there and upcharge it as a “package” with a cool name. If everything included in this, that is not in a Sport S, were all must-haves and not to be replaced (aftermarket lights, bumpers, sliders, seats, decals), again, it could be the perfect build for some. That $3500 will go a long way for me on my Sport S.
I built the Freedom edition and Sport S the exact same options and it came out to a $1600 difference for me. I prefer the soft top so the popular equipment package is worthless to me. The steel bumpers and rock sliders are worth more than $1600, the LED fender light, leather trimmed seats (which I really like and freedom is the only way to get), nicer wheels and decals are just bonuses. Not that I really care about the decals, and wheels will likely get changed regardless of what trim I get. Point is that depending on the build options one prefers it could be a good deal.

NYC-4X4

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 21 JT Past: 97 ZJ, 14 JKU, 18 WK2
I built the Freedom edition and Sport S the exact same options and it came out to a $1600 difference for me. I prefer the soft top so the popular equipment package is worthless to me. The steel bumpers and rock sliders are worth more than $1600, the LED fender light, leather trimmed seats (which I really like and freedom is the only way to get) and decals are just bonuses. Not that I really care about the decals. Point is that depending on the build options one prefers it could be a good deal.
Yea, like I said it’s perfect for some, especially if you prefer the soft top as the upgraded one is included in the Freedom. Also, the Freedom package is $3265 more than the S package so to only have a $1600 difference in the end you had to have added more to the S build than to the Freedom build. Anyway, it’s a great package if you like everything included and won‘t replace what is.

Sponsored

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
I was stoked when I first saw this but after hammering the configurator back and forth between this and what I ended up ordering, it just didn't make sense. That plus I can't help but feel that this is a very weak response to Ram's "built to serve" models which do offer significant value and uniqueness.

Matt84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Yea, like I said it’s perfect for some, especially if you prefer the soft top as the upgraded one is included in the Freedom. Also, the Freedom package is $3265 more than the S package so to only have a $1600 difference in the end you had to have added more to the S build than to the Freedom build. Anyway, it’s a great package if you like everything included and won‘t replace what is.
Added premium soft top and led lights, things that are included with freedom but you have to add on sport s, that’s the $1600 difference. It’s worth the price if the options are what you want, if you don’t want what’s included then you are probably better off with a different trim.

Last edited:

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I would have been all over this package. Obviously I wouldn't have been able to get Gator, but this is a perfect starting point for a lot of Jeep owners.

BLK74

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pilot, Corvette
I like some of the features of the package but the it is negated by the time and expense of having to remove all the tacky decals and logos plastered over everything.