First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I agree and what in the world is LMT AVAILABLE?
Sponsored

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
Everyone here is okay with a dealer who excercises their right to establish the prices they sell vehicles for when they are at 5% under invoice. Then points the finger when they use the same right to do a market adjustment. It's called capitalism. Don't like the price.. find another dealer.
I AM a capitalist, I have started and sold 6 of 7 companies, I still own one, we manufacture and sell in the retail sector across the US. There is an MSRP on the window and while the dealer is independent and can markup or add on as they please, the stuff listed in the add on just like the one I saw the other day with "Lifetime Window Tint"...never knew window tint had a failure issue! These are scams, no more, not less.

How abou the dealer that have "Market Adjusted Price". (MAP) There is no such thing, it's phony mark up, The largest Chev dealer in the SE Bill Heard Chev I stopped in to see about ordering a Corvette Indy Pace car. I was told, you must talk to the General Mgr. I waited nearly an hour when he came into the office. He said it's simple, the MAP is $5000 over MSRP AND $2000 CASH $20's and $100's to me, no receipt, do you understand? IF you tell this to anyone I will call you a liar and say you were trying to bribe me! I walked out!

FYI: The sealant is bought in 5 gal buckets, its more or less Armor all and a quick spray n wipe, the cost to dealer (if they do it in-house less than $10 Labor and product. They could have put $295 and there and still make a great profit.

RIPLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2015 Jeep Renegade
I agree and what in the world is LMT AVAILABLE?
Dealerships think this is a limited availability truck, yet you can find hundreds of them on the lots.

I'm beginning to think this is price fixing just like the drug companies

GladiatorJT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Unfortunately, when things are new, dealers try to exploit the excitement and hype of a vehicle. Still remember when I wanted to buy a ford raptor, almost every dealership I went to had a 10 k markup over MSRP. They still sold plenty at that price and markup. As much as I hate to see anyone or any company exploit the consumer, it’s also our freedom to walk away and their to do business how they want. Capitalism is a beautiful thing, it’s not always pretty but it keeps this country great. Though that package and interior protection is nonsense to us, some consumer out there will be happy to pay it just to drive the gladiator.

Sponsored

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
The add-ons are designed as a ploy to take your mind off the objective of getting a better price. Instead of dealing off MSRP, you are now dealing with this amount above MSRP. So they make you a deal off the inflated amount. They are moving the target on the buyer. My policy is I do not buy from dealers that use these kinds of business practices.

lucky7t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JK Rubicon 4dr, 15 JK Sport 4dr
First of all yes window tint does have failures. Ever seen a purple window that looks like a fish tank ? A lifetime is usually metalized and at the installers expense would be warrantied .

Second ,
That gladiator package is a horrible sales tactic . I cannot believe the manager allowed this .

Sponsored

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Might as well call it "CRACK"!

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
Everyone here is okay with a dealer who excercises their right to establish the prices they sell vehicles for when they are at 5% under invoice. Then points the finger when they use the same right to do a market adjustment. It's called capitalism. Don't like the price.. find another dealer.
I think folks around here just don't like their intelligence being insulted by dealers.

Wonder if there’s a Vaseline package ? :CWL:
You win the internets today... :)

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Not a lawyer but that almost seems borderline fraudulent to be listing and charging extra for something on a dealer addendum sticker that is factory installed and listed on the Monroney sticker. I get they have the right for dealer markups, just list it correctly as such.

OP
OP
biggdave92

biggdave92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / 2000 XJ Sport 4x4
and another... this same dealer had a 75,000 MAP on a hellcat when it came out.

IMG_20190516_170146.jpg

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
My dealer has had a 61K pre-spec on the lot for a week now. I know they will deal so I don't get why anyone will pay mark up.
Sponsored